Sign in to follow this  
bluefin2na

KLR 650 TECH DAY

SATURDAY June 13, 2009! Back in San Diego, 2222 Commercial St.

We have about 25 to 40 KLRs show up for these events, if anyone is interested it starts around 8am

lunch and sodas will be provided.

thanks\\

this is at EAGLE MIKEs shop, he makes custom billet parts for bikes and is a great guy

By all means yes,

The guy has some great parts for all kinds of bikes, he is also

a stop over place for cross country riders..

PLease come by

say hi

Had a great time last round!

What are the odds I can check the valves AND do the Doo...?? ;)

What are the odds I can check the valves AND do the Doo...?? ;)

Get there early - do the doo 1st and the valves if time permits. I will be taking my KLR to the Ozarks so I will miss this one. Great fun and Great tacos last time.

The doo is easy, and trust me, you will have extra KLR gurus helping you out if you want it.

The doo is about 2 hours and during that is the cool down time for the valve check.

Eagle Mike has all the tools and he makes the DOO and the SPRING, so if you buy the Doo aftermarket parts, the best ones come from him. All the others are knock offs,

Mikes a good man, and not many around like him..

The doo? what kind of mod is that lol

search KLR and doo-hickey- sorry for my brevity... in a meeting

Had a great time. little smaller turnout than last time - so I got lots of personal attention!! Thanks especially to Mike, but also to everyone else who pitched in to help out a real Noob.

Had time to eat donuts, do the Doo, drink coffee, start the valves, eat wonderful spicy hot dogs and potato salad, finish the valves, tweak cables, eat brownies, adjust mixture screw on carb, eat cookies, fix a sticky throttle, install a fork brace (SIDE NOTE: this is fantastic!...it really controls the wind-sail wobble on the freeway :blink: ) drink a coke and call it a day. whew.

Thanks again - I hope to pass it forward.

had a great time there too!!!

THANKS TO MIKE!!! and ALL the KLR guys for letting a DRZist in their midst :blink:

was a nice to see the love for other bikes...and to see Mike's talent....amazing skills there...

Blind B)...and that was a SLOW tech day, wow. B)

Nice bunch of folks...tons of work going on. Great host and stories that made me embarassed to say I ride. My favorite being the KLR with 8000 miles on it since November including Moab. As it's owner said...there's not a place on this thing that isn't scratched....

Had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Tuna as he finished up some mods and joined in the eats. Good times.