We're going back to the sacred spot. Briana got a 2 stroke and were going back for stinkopah round 4. Not beginner terrain but all are welcome. Meeting at 9:30 at the jacumba gas station (chevron) sunday. I have 5-6 people commited so far. A few SDAR people and a few D38 desert guys. Let me know if you wanna ride.

619-990-0843

brad

A group of us were out there today for another one of Mr. Bill's Great Adventures. Racer Bill led us on a fun filled ride for about 35 miles worth. A good workout indeed. Was a little chilly first thing in the morning but we lost the jackets real quick with the technical riding we were doing. We did the nice single track that Ozzy said you and he found. There were a couple of rocks and a little sand but was a lot of fun none the less. Good luck on your ride tomorrow.

Do we need a plate?

Last ride we did not. They're taking unplated 2 strokes so my guess would be no.

I will be on a green sticker bike EARLY... I'll try to meet ya'll around 930

hey guys, I just got back from my buddies wedding sorry for the late response. No plates. Green sticker is definetly ok, red sticker is up to you. I'll be on a red sticker.

See you in the morning. Bob, do you have people meeting you early?

Fakey & BS left Alpine at 6:30. They'll be riding & then meeting u.

We rode around, we had fun, I lost my rear brake, we rode back, packed in and came home. Didn't see anyone else...

Fakey & BS left Alpine at 6:30. They'll be riding & then meeting u.

We didn't see anybody at the gas station, but saw a couple of pumpkin bearing trucks just south of 8... Looked like Alex, but wasn't sure... Paul had ZERO rear brake, so it was a very short day, but fun nonetheless... I'm just glad I didn't have any mechanical issues, or any crashes! THAT wouldve made for a rough morning! :lol:

lame. how did you loose the brakes.

lame. how did you loose[sic] the brakes.

Good afternoon, Brad.

I'm unclear about the "lame" remark. Could you please help me to understand?

Thanks.

:lol: I thought it was lame your bike broke, I was looking forward to riding with you guys.

the funny thing is another guy on a ktm named paul showed up and made up for your lack of rear brakes with his locked up front brake. Apparently this has happened on his other bike. 2 bikes with the same problem. What are the odds on that? fishy

:lol: I thought it was lame your bike broke, I was looking forward to riding with you guys.

the funny thing is another guy on a ktm named paul showed up and made up for your lack of rear brakes with his locked up front brake. Apparently this has happened on his other bike. 2 bikes with the same problem. What are the odds on that? fishy

we were bummed... We made it to the carrizo overlook, and on one of the steep downs Paul said he lost rear brakes... I said they were prolly just cooked... No; full range of motion... HEY! That master cylinder is empty!!! Praps the missing cap has sumfin to do with that!!

Was that you guys along north side of olde 80? We were in the 1971 white ford with pauls pumpkin and my tiddler

GEEEEZ! were the brake problems only on orange bikes???

NO!!!

Er... Yeah... They were... But I did have an issue starting the Yamaha once... Australian bikes; wadda ya expect? :lol:

We rode around, we had fun, I lost my rear brake, we rode back, packed in and came home. Didn't see anyone else...

Brakes are overated B) I did the 2008 Desert Dash with no back brakes, friday, saturday, sunday. Yes, down heart attack hill and all. B) Found a little piece of sand in the high pressure line when I got home. Dam Glamis sand :lol:

Yes, it was lame.

I gotta tell you- I'm willing to accept I screwed up a few months ago with the oil filler, but this one has got me wondering. I've been wrenching on cars and bikes for almost 30 years, and I don't make THAT many dumb mistakes. But the filler cap on the brake master was completely missing.

I load my bike in the evening before I ride early, so I'm not waking my neighbors around the alley behind out house at o-dark 30. I'm seriously beginning to wonder if I have a gremlin messing with my bike at night.

The neighbors across the street used to have security cameras pointed across at us- I've emailed to ask for last nights recordings.

We had a good ride anyway...

NO!!!

Er... Yeah... They were... But I did have an issue starting the Yamaha once... Australian bikes; wadda ya expect? :lol:

And here, all this time, I thought they were made in Europe. :lol:

NO!!!

And here, all this time, I thought they were made in Europe. :o

:lol: Australia is not in Europe you big moran!

Blind Where is that sucker punch pic?