Sign in to follow this  
socalhodaka

My Weekend Tour Bike Ride

My ride started on Friday, my plan was to go a couple hundred miles to the El Mirage Dry Lake near Adelanto. The event is hosted by the Southern California Timing Association for vehicles trying to set land speed records.

DSCN4974.jpgDSCN4957.jpg

The lake bed is over 6 miles across, as I took my 800lb beast on the cracked surface I couldn't help but to take it up to around 60 mph and that was enough thrill.

After finding my friends and getting camp set up it was time to get the bike tech. Now this is no easy thing because they check and double check by two different tech inspectors.

DSCN4967.jpgDSCN4963.jpg

Now the leathers didn't pass because they had non leather panels in the arm and leg area.

Lucky for us we were able to borrow a set from someone for the event. Here is a contrast of power.

DSCN4968.jpgDSCN4969.jpg

And a look at some of the other type of bikes, from street class to stream liners. I never had a chance to make it over to the car area and with plenty to look at over there. Here is a good photo of how big of an event this was.

DSCN4979.jpg

So the goal of 100mph didn't get met, its a big learning curve and getting the little 100cc into the 70s with a head wind wasn't to bad. My friend Brain was at the event all weekend and shot this photo of the little 100 crossing the dry lake

IMG_9668_3.jpg

I had to get back on the road Saturday morning early because I had a bit over 500 miles to get to Marysville. My sister lives out on 20 acres in the cattle country. I was picking up a new camera from there Camera Store. I didn't take any photos on this leg, nothing but freeway and a heat wave in the high 90s. After a overnight visit I took off east to the 395 by way of South Lake Tahoe. The weather was great and plenty of bikes on the road.

DSC_0008.jpgDSC_0007.jpg

After talking to this group coming from the other direction I received a tip on a good burger joint in the upcoming town of Walker. Looks like a nice little place with plenty of bikes out front.

DSC_0009.jpgDSC_0012.jpg

Just right 1/4 pound and fry's. Talk with a few other bikers and on to Bishop for a overnight break. Just a bit over 300 miles and I'm ready for a break at Browns Camp. After setting up camp I bought a great roast beef sandwich and a few beers from the camp store and kicked back to enjoy.

DSC_0015.jpg

Monday I was out of town by 8:30am after a breakfast at Denny's and home at about 1pm. I feels good to get away, total ride wa a little over 1000 mile for the 4 days with no issues.

I bet you had a blast checking out all the various vehicles trying to set a record, or a new personal best, in their own respective niche area......very cool to check out the diversity in vehicles, etc.......and that ride south from Tahoe to Mammoth is a kick on ANY bike.....sweet.........when I read reports like this I start itching for another road trip :rolleyes::)

Looks like a relaxed weekend and any picture of a river or lake make me want to break out the fishing gear. :rolleyes:

Looks like a relaxed weekend and any picture of a river or lake make me want to break out the fishing gear. :rolleyes:

Yea Mimi, I saw a couple people fishing right there. One guy was holding about a 10 to 12 inch fish on his string. I don't know much about fishing so I will guess some kind of stream fish.

Yea Mimi, I saw a couple people fishing right there. One guy was holding about a 10 to 12 inch fish on his string. I don't know much about fishing so I will guess some kind of stream fish.

Was probably a rainbow trout. That's what they like to stock every water hole with. :rolleyes:

Looks like you had a great ride. Sure wish I could have gone with you. I miss my little rides on the Harley.