Crawdaddy

Saturday ride/loop - Starting/ending in Ramona

I'd be interested in tagging along. Are there any gas stops planned? I haven't pushed the mileage on the XR650R's tank yet, so with the 4.6 gallon IMS and approx. 140 miles I'd need to average 31 mpg.

Sounds like there's enough dirt that I wouldn't want to take the street only bike.

No need to brim the tank........there's gas available in Anza which is ~half way through the ride.......so you only need a range of ~80 miles to be comfortable........and since the ride will be easy terrain/paved your mileage/gallon oughta be quite good.....you'll probably only burn 2-2.5 gallons between Ramona and Anza (max.).....so if you have ~4 in your tank that oughta be more than ample.....

Correct, street bike is out....

Awesome, I'm in. It'll be good incentive to change the oil, clean the filter, and go have fun.

I will probaby be on an 84 Honda XL350 with stock tank, approx 2 3/4 gallons. I thought about taking my 87 XL600 but it has the original tires with "maturity" (I call them "character") cracks and I thought Chris would give me crap about old tires or some other nonsense. This is the pre-EPA fuel economy model with dual carbs. Chris can vouch for the fact that I can usually get 140-150 miles without a fillup. He has seen me do it. This should be a low fuel consumption ride. It is not like riding sand washes in Ocotillo Wells.

I have to be home in Sorrento Valley by 12, I have a wedding to be at 2ish in Del Mar. Maybe I can do a partial...

Roger, is it yours?

I have to be home in Sorrento Valley by 12, I have a wedding to be at 2ish in Del Mar. Maybe I can do a partial...

Roger, is it yours?

Hehe no, thankfully. I'm not ready for that plunge just yet =)

Alright, I'm in...

I got the "Do whatever the @!#?@!? you want!" answer last night... (that means yes, right??? :unsure: )

I've got "street-ish" tires on the Great Pumpkin, so don't leave me in the dust please!

I also may have to bail a little early depending on how long the loop takes (I got a half-day pass)...

See ya at Packard's at 8am!

Alright, I'm in...

I got the "Do whatever the @!#?@!? you want!" answer last night... (that means yes, right??? :unsure: )

I've got "street-ish" tires on the Great Pumpkin, so don't leave me in the dust please!

I also may have to bail a little early depending on how long the loop takes (I got a half-day pass)...

Doug

If you come through Escondido around 7:30 look for my red 84 XL Honda. I will follow you up to Ramona.

Don

Alright, I'm in...

Doug

If you come through Escondido around 7:30 look for my red 84 XL Honda. I will follow you up to Ramona.

Don

I was thinking about going south a little and riding up Highland Valley Road - might as well get a few tight turns in on the way up!!! I'll keep an eye out whichever way I go...

I was thinking about going south a little and riding up Highland Valley Road - might as well get a few tight turns in on the way up!!! I'll keep an eye out whichever way I go...

The sweepers on 78 are actually really fun WHEN THERE'S NO TRAFFIC HEADING UP THE HILL......should be clear at ~7:30am on a Sat......

Chris,

Damn your rides start early!

The sweepers on 78 are actually really fun WHEN THERE'S NO TRAFFIC HEADING UP THE HILL......should be clear at ~7:30am on a Sat......

Sweepers??? Do I look like I'm riding a Harley or something?? peepwallun9.gif

Sharp curves, point and shoot, in and out... Besides, in order to enjoy sweepers, you have to go fast - and going fast is scary!!! :lol:

Chris,

Damn your rides start early!

I'm sorry... I couldn't hear what you were saying over that loud WHINING sound coming out of your mouth!!! peepwallun9.gif

I was thinking that 8:30 was a little late actually!!! Sunrise is at 5:52am, that's over two-and-a-half hours of wasted daylight!!!!! B) I've got future kitchen passes to worry about...

OK, Jesse and I will be there- probably have breakfast at Amerient, then be ready to get started around 830. Might need to check tire pressure and adjust suspension, footpegs and adjust the valves real quick, then be ready to roll. Maybe an oil change.

:lol:

OK, Jesse and I will be there- probably have breakfast at Amerient, then be ready to get started around 830. Might need to check tire pressure and adjust suspension, footpegs and adjust the valves real quick, then be ready to roll. Maybe an oil change.

:rolleyes:

Glad you are making the trip up north Paul. It is pretty nice up here I think you will enjoy the ride. See you Sat.

........probably have breakfast at Amerient.........

The Amerient shares the parking lot with Packard's.......I'd recommend anyone thinking about breakfast arrive no later than 7:30am so you're ready to roll at 8:30.....

map/review: http://local.yahoo.com/info-26900523-ameri...staurant-ramona

For anyone trucking/trailering up - there's plenty of street parking nearby along 7th and/or "D" streets to unload your bikes.......don't use Amerient/Packard's parking lot.....

See some of you tomorrow.......

ChrisBlackCanyonBridge.jpg

What time at Packards? and can some non plated friends join? <_<:wacko::lol:

8am for coffee - 8:30 rolling - ~100 miles paved / ~40 miles dirt - regardless, all areas require a street legal plate

PS: Welcome to SDAR Piero - it's about time you signed-up/spoke up!!!

I joined the website long ago but never really post anything, thanks for let me know about the ride, I am 90% in so I am sure I'll see you there

I am overdue for a sreet fix. I will bring royal enfield so wont be doing too much offroading. A bit of gravel is always fun tho. Ayway Ill catch a coffee with ya and see what pans out.

Joliet, you in for some street.

Regards

Kiwi Wayne

Nice to hear from you Wayne. I would love to go, but my daughter has a soccer game tomorrow morning. I had actually planned on taking her along 2-up on the DRZ until I remembered she had a game. Who knows, I could possible show up for breakfast though. I have to play it by ear, we may have an out of town guest this evening. You guys have a good ride. <_< Ken

Nice to hear from you Wayne. I would love to go, but my daughter has a soccer game tomorrow morning. I had actually planned on taking her along 2-up on the DRZ until I remembered she had a game. Who knows, I could possible show up for breakfast though. I have to play it by ear, we may have an out of town guest this evening. You guys have a good ride. <_< Ken

I you decide to go Ken let me know. I will be leaving from my house around 7:30.