Sign in to follow this  
Tree

San Felipe non SOB ride report

We had a great time down in Baja! There were 3 of us- Javi, Tim (will be signing up), and myself. We put in almost 500 miles for the 3 day weekend. First day was 202 mile cruising from the border to mikes. We went through tres hermanos and got a little side tracked. We ended up on an old baja course were all three of us had a little spill. Myself and javi got cross rutted in the very same area and went down. I was leading so by the time Javi came through I was up and pulled over to the side. Tim went down at a pretty slow speed trying to avoid Javi. We were all ok just a little bruised. But when we got to Mikes we were checking out the bike and notice we all had bent right side radiators. They weren't leaking so we were still good to go. We had a great night at Mikes. There was only one other group there and they came in on a buggy rental tour. They were from Oregon. Javi got to take a trip with one of the guides in the buggy to get some spare parts and check were we could get gas for the next days trip to San Felipe. We had a wonderful dinner and drinks in the bar were Tim got all the details on the ranch from Mike (the sky ranch owner). The next day we hit the trail to San Felipe. We took most of the SF250 course and it was great. Some pretty sandy whoops at the start but just enough to give you a work out then we hit the dry lake which was fast and flat. We got into town about 2:30pm got beers at the hotel bar. While sitting there we run into a group of guys from Washington that have been down there for a week putting on 1200 miles. While chatting with the group we notice an ultra light land on the beach. Javi goes out to talk to the guy and get a picture and the next thing we see if Javi strapping in for a ride. After javi's 15 min. ride over SF we took showers and go check out the town. We run into Bruce and his buddy Mark (from SDAR) in town as they are down there on street bikes for a blues festival. After cruising the town and picking up lunch we head back to the hotel bar to watch some soccer and a fight (Mexico won both). We drank maguritas, ate nachos, and then cruised the town one last time. The following day we are a little slow getting up but after showers we are ready to hit the road again. We stop at a little coffee place that Bruce showed us before hitting the trail. Bruce is getting to the shop as we are gearing back up to leave so we shake his hand and hit the trail for the long road back to the border. We were back at the border by 2:30pm and boy am I glad we road bikes across. It looked like a 3 hour wait in a car. I have to say it again, the people down there were very friendly and seemed to enjoy seeing us. Javi should post with picture some time soon.

Sounds like you had a great ride with great company.

We had a great time down in Baja!

Sounds like it - thanks for the report....but, as DigDug would say, this report is %&^$ without pics :huh::o:lol:

We had a great time down in Baja!

Sounds like it - thanks for the report....but, as DigDug would say, this report is %&^$ without pics B)B):o

Did someone say pictures. :o

Me and Tim at the Ojos Pemex. They were out of gas but a guy was selling some out of his truck. th_101_0127.jpg

Mikes pool th_101_0154.jpg

Breakfast at mikes th_101_0193.jpg

Bent radiator th_101_0159.jpg

Tim remounting after a little run in with a rock. th_101_0195.jpg

Tims rock th_101_0196.jpg

A break in the desert th_101_0211.jpg

San Felipe th_101_0218.jpg

Javi Tough guy th_101_0235.jpg

Here what I'm talking about th_101_0261.jpg

Guys from washington we met th_101_0287.jpg

Veiw from the room th_101_0280.jpg

San Felipe from the ultra light th_101_0317.jpg

Hotel parking th_101_0368.jpg

Back across the border th_101_0379.jpg

Thanks for the pics.. That looks like a great ride. It's probably been about 10 years since I've been to San Felipe, this makes me want to get back down there.

what does "non SOB" mean? That I stayed home?

good pics tree

It's a noun I made in Baja for all the guys that are missing out on the adventures in baja. SOB=scared of baja

It's a noun I made in Baja for all the guys that are missing out on the adventures in baja. SOB=scared of baja

I guess that now makes me 2 kinds of SOB. :lol:

Add me to the SOB list =\

what does "non SOB" mean? That I stayed home?

good pics tree

gotcha... more SDAR nomenclature... excellent

I am LOB... leary... if the timing was right for me, i would go, but don't think any less for people that are SOB... especially those that have first or second hand experience with the nastiness. I have been going there forever, and never had any unpleasantness (OK- Once in High School we had to pay a cop to let us continue to be law abiding), but that ONE time I don't want it to be me... I WILL not bring family down there, though...

Hey guys, we have a great time down la baja :beach: :ph34r: , I just recovering from margaritas and nachos, my friend Tim wants to go back to Mike sky ranch, just for the weekend, saturday and come back sunday, he want's to hit laguna de hanson trail, we dont have set up what day but is going to be some time next month, see u