Boston Mangler

NOV 11th PALOMAR DIVIDE (and other trails) RIDE!

Hey Guys

Heres the game plan for Palomar Ride On The 11th.

We are meeting at the Mobil MiniMart in Ramona at 8am SHARP to fill up the fuel/snacks, etc.....

The mobil is located right next to the Autozone on the main road in Ramona.

The GPS Coords for the meeting spot are: N33 02.001 W116 52.962

We will head to:

-The Black Canyon Trail to Mesa Grand Road

-From Mesa Grande, We Will Hit the 76 to the 79 Up to Santa Ysabel (only fuel stop).

-After fueling (if needed) we will do the Puerta La Cruz trail (14 miles) Though indian flats camp ground

-Head north on the 79 for a mile or 2 and do the "Half Way" trail (5 miles)

-From the "Half Way" trail we connect to the Palomar divide trail

-People can either make a left and bail out here or continue to the right and keep riding

Last time we were there, we found a trail that look like it might connect to the Harrison grade trail, so we are going to try that and either run the Harrison Grade trail south to the 76 or try (might have locked gates) to finish the Palomar divide trail to the North to the 79. If the gates are locked, we can always easily retreat and enter the Palomar Divide trail at the North entrance from the 79.

Then of course, its off to the "HIDEOUT" for a late lunch with killer burgers!!

Ok, whos in??

PLEASE KEEP POSTS IN THIS THREAD RELATED TO THIS SPECIFIC RIDE/DATE TO PREVENT CONFUSION

Lets get it on, I'm in :ph34r: , 8;00am moble nov,11 owwyea would like to see a lot of people show up for this ride to meet some more SDAR riders,

see you there,Jay

I would love to join you guys...but, my wife is returning from a business trip tonight. Next week will be her first weekend home in two weeks. So, if I went with you, I’d be in the doghouse big time... :ph34r:

I'm up for your next ride for sure!!! - Have a blast!!! - Steve

That ride sounds too good to pass up. I'm going to try to make it, if you don't mind waiting every now and then for a slow rider to catch up.

I looked up the Mobil Mini Mart, and it looks like the address is 1910 Main St, Ramona CA 92065 - on the corner of Main St and Pala St.

if you don't mind waiting every now and then for a slow rider to catch up.

No sweat!

I looked up the Mobil Mini Mart, and it looks like the address is 1910 Main St, Ramona CA 92065 - on the corner of Main St and Pala St.

Yes, thats the one! Hope to see ya there!

Count me in for this one. :D

I'm trying to map out a predominantly dirt route to my cousin's house NE of Anza on rt. 74. My last trip up Palomar got me about halfway there.

2wheels, if you can make it and time allows I'll show you how I made it out to El Cajon Mt TT. And if there's yet more time I'd like to attempt getting to El Capitan TT. I think that's the right trail :) I'll find out for sure and get back 2you.

Can't wait to get out there, I have a new gas tank and rejetted carb to test out.

See you all on Sat. at 8AM

Jon

Count me in for this one. :)

Cool, will be great to meet another dualsporter/XR650L owner!

Can't wait to get out there, I have a new gas tank and rejetted carb to test out.

Very cool! Me too! I originally went with 55/160, uncorked, unsnorkeled, uni-filter with the stock pipe and its too rich, i am going to try a 55/158 (and tweaking the fuel mix screw) and see if that helps, if not, i will try the 55/155

What jets did you try?

Jon, do you run a Garmin GPS unit? If so, i can email you the info with the tracks

My wife wants to go out for this three day weekend, but it is still undecided... If, I don't end up going somewhere, then I'll join you guys... If I do, I'll pm U 2wheels so we can ride together up there.. :)

My wife wants to go out for this three day weekend, but it is still undecided... If, I don't end up going somewhere, then I'll join you guys... If I do, I'll pm U 2wheels so we can ride together up there.. :)

Cool! Hope to see ya there!

Very cool! Me too! I originally went with 55/160, uncorked, unsnorkeled, uni-filter with the stock pipe and its too rich, i am going to try a 55/158 (and tweaking the fuel mix screw) and see if that helps, if not, i will try the 55/155

What jets did you try?

Jon, do you run a Garmin GPS unit? If so, i can email you the info with the tracks

I started with 58p 160m to fuel my desnorkled, desmogged, K&N, and Supertrapp IDS2 and it is too rich. I put the 55p in and went around the block a few times. I may go to a 158 main if need be. The way it is now might be better, only time and my sparkplug will tell the truth. We'll see. :)

I don't have a garmin (or any other GPS for that matter) but if you got an extra I'll be glad to give it a good home. That same deal goes for anybody else reading this. :D

2wheels,

I am driving down from Burbank on Friday night. I'll probably get to my girlfriend's place around 1230AM. I wouldn't mind getting an early start, just not this Saturday. as I'll likely only get around 5 hours of sleep and go straight to Ramona for the 8AM meeting. We'll talk more, El Cajon Mt TT is moslty gated off Private property. What I was able to ride on was only about a 2 mile stretch between a gate and the edge of a neighborhood. But it was a fun stretch at that. :P

You guys are KILLING ME :D I've been looking forward to a long ride like this...

Last day of Soccer is this Saturday, and we're racing at Plaster City on Sunday.

Maybe next time, HAVE FUN and be careful!

The Bum will be there 8:00! I drilled my slide, changed to synthetic, spark plug, and rejetted!! OHHH MY!! Triggers now a thoroughbred! See you Sat., or you will see my back end Sat. that is!!!

This is looking very tempting for this new guy.

About what time will this finish up? I'm a little rusty (slow) off road, can usually stay out of my own way but don't want to put a damper on anyone wanting to keep a fast pace.

Any feedback?

Thanks

About what time will this finish up?

Depends on how long ya wanna ride! There should be plenty of "take off" spots along the way where you can boogie home

I'm a little rusty (slow) off road, can usually stay out of my own way but don't want to put a damper on anyone wanting to keep a fast pace.

No problemo again! This isnt a race!

Any feedback?

Yeah! Lets ride!

Guys

I wont be near my computer for awhile so if you try to get ahold of me and i dont reply, dont sweat it!

Either way, I WILL be at the Mobil at 8am SHARP on Saturday!

Hope to see you all there!

Thanks

Also, if you need to get ahold of me, my cell is 619.459.7513

I've always found these rides to go almost all day. I sure would like to be back to my garage before sunset. We ride as a group but everyone rides at their own pace and we stop frequently to make sure everybody's still with us. Personal schedules are often discussed at this time and we've helped map out return trips for folks that need to leave early.

The thing is to get out there and ride that ATK. We'll all be more than happy to accomodate all the riders we can get along to join us.

I hope to see you there

I've always found these rides to go almost all day. I sure would like to be back to my garage before sunset. We ride as a group but everyone rides at their own pace and we stop frequently to make sure everybody's still with us. Personal schedules are often discussed at this time and we've helped map out return trips for folks that need to leave early.

The thing is to get out there and ride that ATK. We'll all be more than happy to accomodate all the riders we can get along to join us.

I hope to see you there

Working out the details...90% I'll be there

Thaks All

Are U joining us Wayne? Hope U can make it! I'm going to try to make it myself (I got upset stomach, but hopefully will be fine tomorrow a.m.)...

2-wheels, shall we meet at the beginning of proctor valley road (when H St. ends) at 6 a.m.? If I have to bail out, I'll call U on the cell so U don't wait for me....

I got to try my new GPS... Somebody needs to help me out...

sorry fella's something very important came up for tommorow morning ;) , still a 20 percent chance i will be there but if i am going will be there at 8;00am sharp, dont wait up if i dont show thanx

see ya on the next ride if i cant make it!!

Have to say I had a wonderful day with you guys. Riding was excellant! Mix of all types of terrain. I did not know it was Waynes's birthday today. Happy Birthday! Cant wait do it again.

Have to say I had a wonderful day with you guys. Riding was excellant! Mix of all types of terrain. I did not know it was Waynes's birthday today. Happy Birthday! Cant wait do it again.

Great riding with you guys today. Many thanks. Lots of fun

Not my birthday till Thursday, think I'll start to skip them altogether anyway to insure eternal middle age.

On the way back, my bike started hesitating, like it was momentarily shutting off.

I checked it out and found a loose battery cable. Can this cause a bike to momentarily hesitate/shut off? I re-attached the cable and, the bike didn't act up again.

Has anyone ever heard of a battery cable causing a bike to sputter/hesitate/momentarily shut off?