Sign in to follow this  
TrophyHunter

Superstition March 14-15

Family trip so plenty of levels to ride with. Bikes, Quads, BBQ, Beverages.

Most likely 7+ miles in on Wheeler. Google map (or your choice) 32.925275,-115.813022 Close to that.

Should be in place by 9:30 Sat AM. Out around 10:30 AM Sunday.

Another SDAR member & son will be joining us Sat about 5 PM.

What to look for (without the houses)

DSC_0226.jpg

WR250 / 450. White LTZ400 & Blue 125 Quad.

we'll be there for the D38 national race. Come by the pits and say high. The pits should be pretty good for the kiddies with all the factory teams and name riders there.

yo robert check out the vid from 2 years ago. This video pretty much sums it up. Check out the lead guys at 1:57 the guy on the ktm pops a wheelie over the wash and the guy on the yamaha almost goes over the bars. I'll be rooting you and tree on in the B loop!

See you and trophyhunter out there next weekend. I'll be out riding around on saturday, I'll try and find trophy hunter. Everyone should come and hang, do some riding and check out the race.

Like I said we'll be down on Saturday early AM and camped in the OTB pits. Ken if your group or anyone else wants to camp at the race pits you're more then welcome to join us. Also if anyone has a desire to work a check point our club is supposed to work one. I'm sure we could find a spot or two. :) Either way we'll have to get together for a couple of barley pops. Just can't overdo it. I need to stay hydrated for the race. The B loop should be a tough one. I DNF'd the last 2 years because of clutch problems. ;)

After watching the video..couple questions.

Does the race just plain dominate the area or will there be general riding available? My 8 yr old hasn't even been out on her new quad this season and if it's gonna be just hectic......

How far up Wheeler is the pits...usually..? I'd love the pits but I can feel the wife leaning far away from it.

Best of luck to those who are racing!

I haven't been to the nationals before, but the races I have been to are actually pretty mellow. There is so much land out there, I don't think you have anything to worry about. It will be less hecktic than thanksgiving weekend or any other big desert weekend for sure.

Give it a chance, you will enjoy it. The races aren't until Sunday too. Racers aren't going to be out killing themselves on Saturday.

seee you there.

I'm still in. I think the racing would be fun to watch & I've done T-Giving & Presidents so no prob if it's milder than that.

Lookin' forward to it. B)

I will be out on saturday with my boss who is from New Mexico and a couple of other guys. We will be going from the Dip to the Blue Inn and back if you or anyone else wants to come along.

Ken, xxxinsd and I will be out at Painted Gorge around 10:30. We will try to raid your camp. Keep an ear open for my new 2 smoker (KTM 200 XC).