Sign in to follow this  
City Slicker

Horseless in Santee

Hello Fellow SDAR Members,

I'm glad to be here, thanks for letting me in.

I have been invovled in desert sports for a long time starting with my Jeep when I was 20 in 1988. More recently on my mountain bike, and with my family geocaching. I am looking forward to getting involved with dual sport. I used to have a Harley, but I am sold on the dirt. Gary and the guys at SD BMW have been great to let me demo their bikes a couple of times. Cameron Camp got me started on this crazy adventure. Randy has been helpfull too. I got Moto Toad started and he beat me to a bike.

I currently serve on the Santee City Council and have been active with the guys at ORBA and SDORC. Part of my council duties is serving on the Mission Trails and Goodan Ranch Policy committees and I have been working to keep trails open in those two parks for mountian bikers. I am looking forward to fighting to keep the desert open too.

The pictures are of me on a 1200GS demo ride in Palm Desert (I'm on the right), and with Gary at last year's Desert Dash (needless to say I am partial to BMW). I had a great time at the Desert Dash last year meeting a lot of you. I'm bummed I'm going to miss it this year, but maybe I'll have a bike by next year. Actually, I already have the Colo ride in my calendar, so I better get one by July.

See you on the trail,

Brian Jones

Husband to one great wife

Dad to three adventurous kids

post-13324-1234576082_thumb.jpg

post-13324-1234576387_thumb.jpg

Welcome aboard. It's never too late to start dualsporting. ;) It'll work better when you have a bike, though. :huh:

Welcome Brian! If memory serves, if you record video of yourself running around the back yard holding imaginary handlebars making Vroooom Vroooom sounds and submit it to this site, a bike will be in your near future.

Trust me, it works! I submitted my video to a site I belonged to before and got a bike within a week! If I can find the link, I'll post it here. :huh:

Welcome Brian,

I'm no fortune teller however I predict something plated in your garage in the near future. It could be orange, red, red and white, maybe even blue or green.

Welcome to the group.

What kind of dual sport are you in the market for? A smaller machine, or something more along the lines of the GS you did the demo on?

See ya on the trail.

What kind of dual sport are you in the market for? A smaller machine, or something more along the lines of the GS you did the demo on?

To be quite honest I think I'm going to need both- smaller 450-650 for desert adventures and 1200GS for longer cross country adventures.

To be quite honest I think I'm going to need both- smaller 450-650 for desert adventures and 1200GS for longer cross country adventures.

I think you are correct...