jed

New Boots

I like being outside and exposed. Don

Rock On, Don!

I would accept the Speedo and the Cape, but the cross wouldn't look right on an Existential Zen Buddhist. <_<

Don

I got a new pair of tech 8's this year and the first ride kinda sucked. My old tech 8's were so old there were holes in both soles all the way through. Not only could I not 'feel' the pegs and shifter with the new ones, they made my feet sore also. I muscled through it and now I love them!! B) No sore feet and I can 'feel' my bike again. All this and newly designed buckle system. <_< Just wear them and after 2 days of riding you will not get on the bike without them. You are not alone when it comes to new boots.

that's not a cross its an old school chest protector... Like from the first crusade

Cool -- you made my day!

Don

I appreciate all the good info. Makes me feel better. This evening I rode Viejas Grade with the boots and sat foward on the bike and started to figure it all out. I rubbed in some mink oil and I am walking around the house. I feel like throwing them in the oven, I dont know. It will work out in the end.

I appreciate all the good info. Makes me feel better. This evening I rode Viejas Grade with the boots and sat foward on the bike and started to figure it all out. I rubbed in some mink oil and I am walking around the house. I feel like throwing them in the oven, I dont know. It will work out in the end.

<_< Don't throw them in the oven! They have plastic supports sewn in between the outer material and the lining material. as well as what's on the outside. If you want to work the mink oil into the leather parts, use a hair dryer.

<_< Don't throw them in the oven! They have plastic supports sewn in between the outer material and the lining material. as well as what's on the outside. If you want to work the mink oil into the leather parts, use a hair dryer.

Ok, I do not have a hair dryer but I do have a wood burning stove, thats how I keep the house warm back here in the mountains, so I will rotate the boots by hand over the heat.

that's not a cross its an old school chest protector... Like from the first crusade

Bikeslut

FYI -

I enjoyed your quip so much I told a colleague of mine in the History Department about it. To my surprise he didn't laugh as I did. He wondered what the joke was because he said that the literature of the time indicated that it was not unusual for the Crusaders to go into battle thinking that since they were blessed and had God on their side the Cross would protect them from the enemy's arrows, spears and swords.

He didn't say anything about it protecting them from handlebars and flying rocks from the guy in from of you however.

Don

Now, I'll grant you I'm no philosopher, I'm just a geek with a computer and a camera. But I know there is at least one individual of historical import that went into battle with his spear and magic helmet. Combing through the archives, anthropologists have found a single graven image of this famous warrior:

whats-opera-doc.jpg

<Sorry, hijack>

Bikeslut

FYI -

I enjoyed your quip so much I told a colleague of mine in the History Department about it. To my surprise he didn't laugh as I did. He wondered what the joke was because he said that the literature of the time indicated that it was not unusual for the Crusaders to go into battle thinking that since they were blessed and had God on their side the Cross would protect them from the enemy's arrows, spears and swords.

He didn't say anything about it protecting them from handlebars and flying rocks from the guy in from of you however.

Don

Hey all societies have had their protective amulets. A Crusaders Cross. The Ghost Shirt of the late plains Indians. The other guy will get it but not me belief of the WWII soldier. Or the 76 virgins will be my reward of today’s jihadist.

My protective mystic devices are my new white gaerne SG10 boots. You know that if your name is Roger you are going to break a toe! :lol:

You know that if your name is Roger you are going to break a toe! :lol:

*sigh* Unfortunately too true. :o

Now, I'll grant you I'm no philosopher, I'm just a geek with a computer and a camera. But I know there is at least one individual of historical import that went into battle with his spear and magic helmet. Combing through the archives, anthropologists have found a single graven image of this famous warrior:

whats-opera-doc.jpg

<Sorry, hijack>

kill da rabbit, kill da rabbit!

(sung to the tune of Ride of the Valkyries)

I'd use sno-seal before mink oil. Mink oil has animal enzymes that can deteriorate the leather over time. Makes them softer, but at a price.