Mescalero

Sat 10th Pine Valley- C Canyon

john bull got nothing on bronco connector... But it is doable. Make sure you start at corral campground and go up, not the other way around...

It is worth riding once, if only to say you did it...

Bronco Peak Shmonko Reak!! I eat John Bull in Big Bear for dessert with TWO cherries on top.

fresh case job. :lol:

We have beer

:lol:

when ya goin?

branco peak is the bunny hill.

like bob said, the trail you want is branco connector 3A from the lower campground. Good luck kick starting the pig when you dump it on that trail.

john bull got nothing on bronco connector... But it is doable. Make sure you start at corral campground and go up, not the other way around...

What is this Bronco Connector of which you speak? :( I'm going out Sunday on my own BRP. Mebbe I should check it out.

2 BRPs now?

I might show just for entertainment, moral support and the beer. :(

3181833747_768f07cb1a_o.jpg

Mescalero;

bronco connector starts at the corral campground... There are a few trails that start there; trail 2 which goes up to 4 corners... Spur meadow, and trail 6... 3A is the one we are talking about. Sometimes they have maps at 4 corners.

You may want to try the trails in this order: trail 9 from bobcat first... If that's a breeze, try trail 5 off the perimeter road... Trail 3a is harder than either...

Look at all the ride reports for corral... My last one was titled "pictures today"

And dont let us freak you out... We've all done it, but its not easy

only once??????? nah as conditions change the trail more trips up and down are required,,,I actually like that very first section out of the camp because it warms you to the lovely ascent that follows. And my fave section is up near the top where the trucks have just hacked away half the mountain. Go and get some fellas!! and Spaugh and BS don't spill your beer while laughing and hooting at the guys dragging their equipment up and/or down. Enjoy the ride, Rob

I'll make an offer- some other day, let's all meet there, I'll bring some of my "real" video gear. We'll play the Benny Hill soundtrack over and over behind the action in the final version. We can bring a physician as well. Then any competent trials rider can bunny-hop and wheelie up it just to show us how it's done.

Why do you all have to rain on the guy's parade????

Bronco Peak is a cool trail. Yeah, the first section is a little bumpy, but pick the right line and it's not too bad. The hill after the switchback should be in pretty good shape if it's still moist from the weather we've been having. The rest is just a matter of hanging on!!

I say give it a shot! The cool weather and wet conditions from the past few weeks will make this the best time to try the trail. Then, once you conquer it, come back later in the summer when it's hot, dry and loose.

Because I'm not a good enough rider to master it. So I gain power by discouraging others. Duh! :(

Kids are going to their grand parents this weekend so this is a date weekend for my wife and I, otherwise I'd head down and watch the fun.

It's been a while since I've been down there. Does that area require a plate? If not, next time I might come and bring the trials bike and play around. Unfortunately I don't possess any great trials riding skills, just the bike :-(

Still its fun to try stuff. You can just step off the bike rather than falling off the top of the much taller Husky if you don't make something - that and there's 100 lbs less bike to fall on you :-)

This is sounding kind of interesting. I've never tried riding up 3A but been down it a few times. It would be fun to watch someone riding up it. No plate required for this ride from PV unless you want to take highway between there and Corral.

I was thinking of taking the trials and 300 to Corral tomorrow. May see some of you there. Then again I might see you at PV. Supposed to be windy in the mountains this weekend.

What time is the meet up at PV?

I'll make an offer- some other day, let's all meet there, I'll bring some of my "real" video gear. We'll play the Benny Hill soundtrack over and over behind the action in the final version. We can bring a physician as well. Then any competent trials rider can bunny-hop and wheelie up it just to show us how it's done.

Sounds good! Bronco is always fun. It would be great to get a cool video of a bunch of us attemting the frist few turns and hills! There is a great vantage point right above the camp ground looking down on the trail from above! ( Drank many a beer there) Also a great place to park and make funny animal noises at the campers!! :lol:

BC

PS NO DABS! ( its a trials thing)

Well boys and girls, i am not spooked and no one is raining on my parade. I'll try most anything once or twice. My wife may say differently but I have enough sense and armor to make wise decisions on my motosickle. I just wanna ride to blow off stress and have fun. l like the tough stuff in life.

My buddy got called in to work tonight. CCanyon seems to be ditched at the moment and going to Baja instead for the weekend sounds like a good back up.

I just got back from Brawley on the 8 and the wind was WICKED. Hope it doesn't blow too much this weekend.

Dragging equipment ? spewing beer ? (thats a sin) and physicians ? NADA!!!...... and I HATE Benny Hill, hows about Gasoline by Audioslave?

Later.

I appreciate your attitude. :lol:

What is this Bronco Connector of which you speak? :lol: I'm going out Sunday on my own BRP. Mebbe I should check it out.

No, maybe you shouldn't check it out. Not fun, not easy.... If you want to work, go on that trail. If you want to ride, stay away from that trail.

Made it once, never again. My buddy, whom I used to ride with, made it about 2 feet, fell over, and turned around....done.

We'll have plenty to do Sunday without dealing with a romance on Bronco Pk. Connector. :lol:

never did see the time or place for this one. have fun and take pics.

I think it was canceled somewhere late in the post, but there is another post for today at Pine Valley at 10.

No, maybe you shouldn't check it out. Not fun, not easy.... If you want to work, go on that trail. If you want to ride, stay away from that trail.

Made it once, never again. My buddy, whom I used to ride with, made it about 2 feet, fell over, and turned around....done.

We'll have plenty to do Sunday without dealing with a romance on Bronco Pk. Connector. :lol:

OHH!! Is this trail we saw the Heeps getting stuck on next to the campground? If so . . . :lol: