Strega

X-Plane Tour - Jan 9-11, 2008

I have a padlock but no chain or whatever what is your guys plan for securing bikes overnight?

Is there gas near the Ramada should we top off tonight?

Packing up and heading off to work now but will check before I leave. Blind I have your cell in my phone, I also have Strega's

I have 2 Kryptonite Cables and a Kryptonite U-Lock. I can lock 2 maybe 3 bikes together with that setup.

cya all out there. My bike / gear is in my truck. Barring any cluster f's at work, I'll escape around noon which should put me there between 3-4 timeframe.

E

So-

Bike jetted, chain adjusted, fueled, seats shaved, radio checked, helmets on, bikes idling, horns-a-beeping:

7:00 AM

correct?

Item Yes/No

Bike.................................Yes

Gas..................................No (Stop in Escondido)

Gear................................Yes

Fanny pack.......................Yes

Extra tube.........................Yes

Money...............................Yes

Extra gloves......................Yes

Hat(have to look cool)........Yes

Camera..............................Yes

GPS with tracs loaded........Yes

Extra clothes.....................Yes

Razor.................................No

Toothbrush....................... Yes

Advil..................................Yes

Ready for a great ride....... Yes, Yes & triple Yes

Leaving SD at 2:00PM. Will stop at Chaparral. See everyone Saturday, in Ramada parking lot. Will probably stay over Saturday night and ride Sunday.

So-

Bike jetted, chain adjusted, fueled, seats shaved, radio checked, helmets on, bikes idling, horns-a-beeping:

7:00 AM

correct?

Someone yell "Bingo".....we have a winner!!! :(

The 620 was hard to start HERE this morning.....Looks like I may be kicking it tomorrow morning for that initial/cold start (at 6:50 :lol: )

Looks like several of you guys will be up there before me and Roger.....see ya when we see ya.....

Joliet's checklist.

Got my dirty riding gear washed last night from Painted Gorge ride 2 months ago. Check

See if my bike will start since Beach to River ride. Do it later today

Move the GPS mount from the Husky to the DRZ. Do it later today

Check tires, air filter, chain, ect. Do it later today(if I have time)

Get the area maps and stuff together for the area we will be riding. Do it later today

Fuel up my truck and bike (if it starts). Do it later today

Get the tool kit, tire changing, spare parts and emergency stuff put on my bike. Do it later today

OK looks like I am about ready to go, if anyone needs a copy of my well thought out check list, let me know :(:(:lol:

Later, :( Ken

Joliet's checklist.

Got my dirty riding gear washed last night from Painted Gorge ride 2 months ago. Check

Get the area maps and stuff together for the area we will be riding. Do it later today

Get the tool kit, tire changing, spare parts and emergency stuff put on my bike. Do it later today

OK looks like I am about ready to go, if anyone needs a copy of my well thought out check list, let me know :(:(:lol:

Later, :( Ken

Hi Ken

My wife and I often leave pretty early in the morning when heading up to Page. With no traffic we make Victorville in two hours when I am driving, when my wife is driving we make it all the way to Barstow. Hope you can make it in time for breakfast.

Don

I'm so pumped I think i have everything. Can't wait to leave work and hit the road. Going to be leaving around 1 here from Del Mar also and probably stopping at Chaparral.

I've got everything laid out in the alley behind the house like a garage sale. An high-dollar garage sale.

Time to hook up the trailer.

p

OH- If you're riding in my group, bring more tools, and less 1st aid stuff. If you get hurt, I'll mend- if I get a flat tire, you can fix it. Deal?

OH- If you're riding in my group, bring more tools, and less 1st aid stuff. If you get hurt, I'll mend- if I get a flat tire, you can fix it. Deal?

I just check'd we arent in the same group! lol i dont have to worry about chaning your flats...

BTW...do most of you run heavy duty tubes?

I guess since I am a baja guy (used to be anyways) that its nothing but heavey duty tires for me

I just check'd we arent in the same group! lol i dont have to worry about chaning your flats...

BTW...do most of you run heavy duty tubes?

I guess since I am a baja guy (used to be anyways) that its nothing but heavey duty tires for me

When you ride Vintage tires and tubes are not even broken in untill they are at least 20 years old.

Don

lol i dont have to worry about changing your flats...

Just remember- I have the bandages, the bloodstoppers, the splint, latex gloves, Kling wrap, shears, the repeater-connected radio. I suppose I could sell/rent them, if there's $ome $ort of emergency :(

I'm all packed up Moto wise, now need to pack my stuff. I'll see you all tonight. Call me when you get to Barstow so we can plan a time to eat. I'm guessing dinner at 7, meeting at 9 at the latest.

Adios!!

Just remember- I have the bandages, the bloodstoppers, the splint, latex gloves, Kling wrap, shears, the repeater-connected radio. I suppose I could sell/rent them, if there's $ome $ort of emergency :(

Nawww! Are you carrying the pain killers???

Morphine/Percoset or others. Just-In-Case.

Of course they are prescription legal.

latex gloves,

I dont even want to know!!! :(:(:lol:

You'll just feel a little pressure..... :(

Nah. Mixing Miracle Putty or dressing bloody wounds. Or keeping hands warm under gloves.

OK TOLD THE BOSS TO BITE ME IM GOING RIDING! getting loaded going to get lunch and we are leaving about 1-2 latest.

i cant seem to load the tracks to my garman so i hope someone can do that for me ill bring my laptop to program radios if needed. or to load the tracks

OK TOLD THE BOSS TO BITE ME IM GOING RIDING!

Im right behind you...see ya all in Barstow :(

Tom and I just passed the 215 and it was already backed up! We went the 15. Toms doing about 80 so we should be there in a couple more hours if traffic is good!

Joliet's checklist.

OK looks like I am about ready to go, if anyone needs a copy of my well thought out check list, let me know :lol::lol::lol:

Later, :) Ken

Just an update, got the bike back together (forgot I had taken some parts off of it), but on a + note it did start :) .

Also forgot I had to go to DMV today and get new tags.

The refrigerator at home went out, so scrambled getting coolers and stuff before food went bad.

Went shopping and bought a fridge.

Oh yea, I'm still at work trying to get the stuff done that I didn't finish today because of the fridge and DMV.

Time to have a beer and think about what I should pack for tomorrows ride :lol::lol: .

See you in the morning. :) Ken