I was 4 rows back by the step to pipe obstacle... Near the start line; it was awesome! A bike separated its swingarm from the frame during a race! (it was orange)

I shared an elevator with Mika Ahola on the way to the race and with the owner of rekluse after...

The track is insane, and yet, halfway through the evening I actually thought I would like to give it a try (with no alcohol involved!!) then I changed my mind, and thought of the rock step at the top of carveacre and how I ate it going up that little thing.

My wife actually enjoyed it more than supercross, and X games type competitions; always something happening on the track, and no lead is ever safe... We saw guys get stuck for 2 minutes on one obstacle... When he finally cleared it, he got just as much applause as if he'd actually won!! And he was 2 laps down!

If they ever have one in town, I highly recommend it!

I was 4 rows back by the step to pipe obstacle... Near the start line; it was awesome! A bike separated its swingarm from the frame during a race! (it was orange)

Admittedly, the track looks like it was designed to separate any type of part from any color of bike. :lol:

good report, Ahola the Fin is a big dude, he is definitely unmistakeable with that look of his.

saw some fotos that track was ugly. (uglier than the Milano track by alot)

Glad you got to see the show (carnage) , its fun watching world class riders struggle!!! Usually we see them just fly past, in this case we get to see some real paddling and tip overs!!

Usually we see them just fly past, in this case we get to see some real paddling and tip overs!!

Heck, a morning ride with me will provide plenty of that!

fn

Usually we see them just fly past, in this case we get to see some real paddling and tip overs!!

Heck, a morning ride with me will provide plenty of that!

fn

I seem to recall a little bit of trouble at the top of carveacre for you, as well... :D

really; the video shows all of the track, but everything looks smaller (maybe I need a bigger screen?)... The obstacle in front of me looks pretty tame in the video, but stranded a lot of pros... it was a cinder block-type wall (two bricks high) followed by a 4-5 foot cement pipe, with a step down on the other side... what doesn't really show on the video is, the bikes have, let's say a 57" wheelbase... the step is 57" from the beginning of the pipe. Just as you want to loft the front wheel, the back wheel hits the step, loading the front suspension.

The trials bikes had a much easier time, while still going quite quickly... they changed the rule this year to make sure a trials bike didn't win the championship.

The trials bikes going over the tractor tires were way cool... jumping from one to the other (just like regular trials) but at race pace.

I REALLY need to go for a ride!

depending where we go, it may not be an issue slosher; most of us are pretty laid back...

If we go somewhere technical, you may not want to go... You ride a 690 , right? Fire roads and such would be fine, but technical singletrack, maybe not so much... Unless you are sandbagging... The bike will be able to handle anything I would ride...

I am a hopeful tentative right now; jon- where?

I think a trials bike won last year... This year, they have a trials class, and the trials bikes can enter to the last chance qualifier... But if they make it to the night "main event" they have to compete on an enduro- spec bike.

They make it look so easy!

I watched the qualifying races on Saturday morning and it was crazy! LOTS more crashes. And they were running the course in the opposite direction during the day.

I love that stuff.