Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Pinnacles, anyone? Saturday

Now that the gasoline prices have come down (and while they are still down) I was thinking that it would be a good time to revisit Pinnacles at Arrowhead. Day time temps are in the mid to high 50s, perfect for trail riding. I propose a couple of scenic easy to intermediate loops and that if enough people want to go and take a tougher loop that they can break away and do a tougher loop.

We could meet at Deer Springs park-and-ride (okay....parkandride as in carpooling parking lot.... was what I meant, not park and ride :D I meant drive our four wheel vehicles with our bikes loaded in the backs.) north of Escondido at 7:15/7:30 a.m. and make our way up there in time for a relaxed day of fun. Dualsport or green (or red) sticker bikes are welcome.

It is about 105 miles north of Escondido.

Directions on how to get there posted in post #15 below.

Don't forget your spark arrestors and adventure passes.

100_0055.jpg

Is this a ride up to there, or truck/trailer, then ride, then truck/trailer back home? I've heard this is a great area.

fn

Is this a ride up to there, or truck/trailer, then ride, then truck/trailer back home? I've heard this is a great area.

fn

In the past we have trailered up, then ridden from the Pinnacles area. It is a GREAT area to ride, and this is the best time to do it, nice n cool. Have fun at Devil's Hole :D

This sounds like a fun trip. I could very well be in, I just have to move some stuff around. From your post it sounds like your planning on riding up from Escondido, is that the plan? I was planning on sending my seat off to Guts tomorrow but I'm going to hold off and see if I can make this work!

Tracy- I may have a two-bolt seat that will work on your bike if you need it.

It's my plan, at this point, to trailer up to the ride spot with "bling in one ear" if he can get permission.

p

It's my plan, at this point, to trailer up to the ride spot with "bling in one ear" if he can get permission.

p

The seat I'm sending up to Guts is for the Husky. My KTM is ready to go but not plated. Is there room in the trailer for another bike? I dont have to ask for permission :P:P:P

We could meet at Deer Springs park and ride north of Escondido at 7:15/7:30 a.m.

Let's try this one with a few properly placed commas.

We could meet at Deer Springs park and ride, north of Escondido, at 7:15/7:30 a.m.

Does this help everybody out?

p

The seat I'm sending up to Guts is for the Husky. My KTM is ready to go but not plated. Is there room in the trailer for another bike? I dont have to ask for permission :P:P:P

At this point, I only have two rails for the Kendon, sorry. If something goes wrong with "Bling in your Ear's" radiator repair, I'll let you know.

fn

First post has been edited. I posted right before I left this morning and didn't get a chance to look it over properly. The plan is to drive cars and trucks, not ride our bikes. That would be yucky on the pavement and would take too long if somebody actually had a dirt route to get there.

p

At this point, I only have two rails for the Kendon, sorry. If something goes wrong with "Bling in your Ear's" radiator repair, I'll let you know.

fn

Sounds good. Keep me posted. It's not a problem for me to drive my truck.

We could meet at Deer Springs park and ride north of Escondido at 7:15/7:30 a.m.

Let's try this one with a few properly placed commas.

We could meet at Deer Springs park and ride, north of Escondido, at 7:15/7:30 a.m.

Does this help everybody out?

its "park-and-ride" :crazy: not park and ride. No commas. Just a parking area next to the Arco or what ever that gas station is on the west side of the freeway.

100_0045.jpg

100_0048.jpg

Mimi,

I was thinking 2-stroke for this, my range being about 45miles? Would there be any legal restictions for red sticker in that area?

Dualsport or green (or red) sticker bikes are welcome.

Green sticker bikes are restricted to roads and trails designated for such.

And, for those of you who have never been, here are some directions:

•Drive north on I-15 to I-215.

•Drive north on I-215 to SR 30.

•Go east on SR 30 to SR 18 (Waterman Avenue) in San Bernardino. Exit the freeway and turn left (north).

•Drive north on SR 18 up the mountain to Daley Canyon Road about 5.5 miles east of the Crestline SR 138 turnoff. Turn left (north) on Daley Canyon Road. Note your odometer and go as follows:

•At 0.5 mile, junction with SR 189. Turn left.

•At 0.8 mile, fork. Go right and then immediately left onto Grass Valley Road.

•At 2.8 miles, fork with Grass Valley Road on the left. Turn left.

•At 5.3 miles, intersection with SR 173. Turn left.

•At 5.5 miles, intersection with Pilot Rock Road (2N33). Keep going straight.

•Continue on SR 173 about 0.7 mile to the entrance of a rifle range. Just past the rifle range, take a right on Willow Creek Jeep Trail (dirt road). Pinnacles staging area is on your right a couple hundred yards down.

GPS coordinates for the entrance to Pinnacles Staging Area: N 34° 17.89' W 117° 11.98'

(Courtesy of Didug from an 07 ride post) :crazy:

Lots of fun chat, questions and comments on this post so far. I can't tell if anybody really plans to go or not though. :crazy:

YES! I'll be there, barring any unusual changes here at home. And last report was that Duck-in-the-Blind will be with me. The road to the staging area- looks dirt- is it OK for a lowered Volvo Superwaggen pulling a Kendon Trailer? Or should I park somewhere else and ride to the staging?

thanks.

fn

YES! I'll be there, barring any unusual changes here at home. And last report was that Duck-in-the-Blind will be with me. The road to the staging area- looks dirt- is it OK for a lowered Volvo Superwaggen pulling a Kendon Trailer? Or should I park somewhere else and ride to the staging?

thanks.

fn

It should be alright to drive right in. People drag in big ol' trailers and motorhomes. Not a long stretch and usually in good shape. Not sure if there is any other legal parking area around that location, anyway.

I'm at about a 90% probabilty right now. I just need to decide what bike to bring. Is there any advantage to having a plate on this ride? Like connecting trails or hitting town for lunch or ???. I'd rather ride my KTM if it doesnt matter.

Whats the pace?

We are not racers (are we? B) ) Anyway, the pace should be leisurely for most. Those that want to go faster can set their own pace, but a lot of this is single track and really nice scenery. I don't like to rush out on the trail.

I'm at about a 90% probabilty right now. I just need to decide what bike to bring. Is there any advantage to having a plate on this ride? Like connecting trails or hitting town for lunch or ???. I'd rather ride my KTM if it doesnt matter.

Yes, a plated bike gets you to more routes and into town for lunch. Some of us will have brought lunch and will come back to the staging area for a bite to eat.

mmmmm, trails.....

100_0058.jpg

I was thinking about doing a Lake Silverwood loop and then a mostly singletrack loop. :lol:

Anyone passing by Santee and have room for KTM 690? and rider?

I will pitch in for gas.

Please PM me if your passing by and can give me lift..

I have not seen Lake Silverwood since i was 10.