Strega

Dow Jones...

:blink: See signature. Oops, old signature included "I started out with nothing and still have most of it left."

I had quite a bit in deferred Comp. Still own the stocks they just aren’t worth much. :blink::)

Get your money out while you can.......and buy MOTORCYCLES !! You only live twice.

Then ride your ass off and get your money's worth :blink::)

Yeah, people who don't ride think that motorcycles are horrible investments because of their quick and steep depreciation in monetary value. But there is no money that can replace the value of life built into what you can do on a bike. :blink: I have often said and still say that every day that you get to ride a motorcycle is a cherished gift from God. It's both a physical and a spiritual type of experience. Amen.

Stocks go up and down. Done with the right investors the Market is a much better investment then a bike collection. Although having my retirement account go down by 18,000 dollars last month was not pleasant and I sure it is a lot further down this month. You have to keep things in prospective. Now is a bad time to sell your stocks because the prices are way down. But it is a great time to buy stocks, because the prices are way down. You just have to plan and think long term.

During the great depression the people who sold their stocks were wiped out. The people who were diversified and could stay out the storm came out ok in the long run. This is not the first time in history the market has gone down and it will not be the last. If you can stay for the long term you will do alright. I think politics has a lot to do with this current “crisis”. The questionable home loans were definitely pushed by this current congress. When questions were asked about fanny mae the congressional leadership said there was no problems and blocked investigations. We will see what happens after the elections. Just remember a bad economy helps a certain party win elections.

All that being said a bike collection is much more fun then a stock collection! You can’t ride a stock, although you can sell stock to pay for gas to ride.

Stocks go up and down.

Roger that Roger. What part of buy low, sell high do people not understand? :)

Long term reflects the true value of things. Short term reflects fear and greed (fear being the more contagious and quick spreading).

I do have to admit this one especially hurts though... as someone who takes strongly the personal responsibility to save to take care of myself in retirement (not depend on SS), I've now involuntarily joined the ranks of the heavily leveraged (by now being on the 700B+ hook with all the other taxpayers). Short-term I admittedly look like the real sucker. :blink:

Real estate is now the place to be, if you can afford to get in. Like many analists have said, housing may not be this low for a long time. Buy low and build your own rental empire ( your own SS).

Stocks go up and down. Done with the right investors the Market is a much better investment then a bike collection. Although having my retirement account go down by 18,000 dollars last month was not pleasant and I sure it is a lot further down this month. You have to keep things in prospective. Now is a bad time to sell your stocks because the prices are way down. But it is a great time to buy stocks, because the prices are way down. You just have to plan and think long term.

I guess I don't feel as bad only losing 10K :blink: So much for the new Beta.:unsure:

I guess I don't feel as bad only losing 10K :blink: So much for the new Beta.:blink:

John wait till we see this quarter’s report. We won’t be able to afford a photo of a Beta. :unsure::(