Sign in to follow this  
bikeslut

Sunday the 28th

I'm not going with TREE and company to Laguna Hanson, and to everybody that is considering it; you should... awesome scenery, lots of varied terrain... and TREE and company... what's not to love about that ride???

But I want to play well at my gig that night, and don't want to screw up cuz I'm tired/sore/injured/incarcerated... all of which are a definite possibility...

SO...anybody want to go to Corral and do trail 5 again? (we were SO close to the top)

or Lark? Or a dual sport ride to Palomar?

I want to ride... just not all day...

first responder gets dibs on the location... anybody else REALLY ready for cool weather, so we can do the state east of Jacumba?

I'm not going with TREE and company to Laguna Hanson, and to everybody that is considering it; you should... awesome scenery, lots of varied terrain... and TREE and company... what's not to love about that ride???

But I want to play well at my gig that night, and don't want to screw up cuz I'm tired/sore/injured/incarcerated... all of which are a definite possibility...

SO...anybody want to go to Corral and do trail 5 again? (we were SO close to the top)

first responder gets dibs on the location... anybody else REALLY ready for cool weather, so we can do the state east of Jacumba?

I'm going to stay local to on Sunday- little bit of the knee bugging me again. I'm up for a good dualsport ride.

fn

well...pick the ride... before all the hijacks begin

I'm going to stay local to on Sunday- little bit of the knee bugging me again. I'm up for a good dualsport ride.

fn

how'd THAT happen?

Palomar Mountain. It's up here in North County! It's a nice windy ride up the dirt roads or you can take the pavement. Either way it's very scenic.

It's also right out my front door. Let me know if you go. Maybe you can also drop down the north face and visit my track.

Palomar Mountain. It's up here in North County! It's a nice windy ride up the dirt roads or you can take the pavement. Either way it's very scenic.

It's also right out my front door. Let me know if you go. Maybe you can also drop down the north face and visit my track.

"your track"?

Do tell! If there's a track, I'll bring the DRZ or put knobs on the XRL

YUP.

20 acres of motocross track. It's about two miles long. Problem is there's no water to irrigate it (imagine running that many water lines!). It's great for the whole family though.

I only ride it if it's moist. I have been waiting paitently for some rain to fall.

I figure when we get rain, I will invite a bunch of SDAR people out. I don't know how many would be interested in motocross though. But, hey, you are welcome to come out. :D

Here's a pic of the track during the dry season. It turns all green during spring.

googletrack.jpg

I figure when we get rain, I will invite a bunch of SDAR people out.

I'd just pimp around the track like the old/slow guy that I am.....but hey, it still sounds fun to me! "in"........Spring BBQ at Christi's!!! :D

:D:D:D:D

YUP.

20 acres of motocross track. It's about two miles long. Problem is there's no water to irrigate it (imagine running that many water lines!). It's great for the whole family though.

I only ride it if it's moist. I have been waiting paitently for some rain to fall.

I figure when we get rain, I will invite a bunch of SDAR people out. I don't know how many would be interested in motocross though. But, hey, you are welcome to come out. :D

Here's a pic of the track during the dry season. It turns all green during spring.

googletrack.jpg

Are you HIGH?!?! Would we want to ride a 20 acre private track.... hhhmmm ... let me think... OK... I'm in... I have fun on my 1/8th acre mini track...

as far as this club... we like riding anywhere... yeah; we may be slow, and ride big heavy bikes with lights, but we LOVE riding... I am SO in!

I'm starting a rain dance...

Are you HIGH?!?!

I wish. :DJK

Would we want to ride a 20 acre private track.... hhhmmm ... let me think... OK... I'm in... I have fun on my 1/8th acre mini track...

as far as this club... we like riding anywhere... yeah; we may be slow, and ride big heavy bikes with lights, but we LOVE riding... I am SO in!

Sounds good, I'll start planning for a get together!

I hope you are good at it because we really need some rain soon!

YUP.

googletrack.jpg

Hijack-I keep a couple 2 smokes around for just such an occasion. My wife and I would love to spin laps around your private track. She has a kx100.

As far as riding this Sunday, I have the motard set up on the xr for commuting and wont be putting the dirt rims back on until it get a bit cooler. Is it green sticker season yet? Have fun!

Are you HIGH?!?!

I wish. :DJK

Would we want to ride a 20 acre private track.... hhhmmm ... let me think... OK... I'm in... I have fun on my 1/8th acre mini track...

Sounds good, I'll start planning for a get together!

I hope you are good at it because we really need some rain soon!

And! If we have an SDAR track day, I could bring some real photo gear and take pictures/video.

Christi20 brings the track, FakeName brings the still camera and headsets, Bikeslut420 wears green, ShocknAwe brings the new ATC5k helmet cam, Crawdaddy brings the BBQ, and God brings the rain? What more could u ask for? Actually, my neighbor and I planned to hit Amago's MX track last week, but this could be cheaper and closer.

Will there be a Jumping 101 class?

Sorry about this total thread highjack....

Anyway, yes, its cheaper and closer, just as dry though. :(

Just waiting on that rain. I'll start a new thread to plan our SDAR mx day when the time comes. :D

Oh, and YES, jumping class is included as long as you don't mind a girl showing you how its done.

I'm in, my bike likes being in the air more than it does being on the ground :D

So; back on topic... sounds like Christie is waiting to open up until we get some moisture...

fakey... how does lark sound to you?

or we can do your DS ride you had planned out...

please post

So; back on topic... sounds like Christie is waiting to open up until we get some moisture...

please post

Lark = Zzzz. I'm bored with Lark and bored with CC. These are fun for practice and the short ride now and then, but I'd strongly prefer a dual-sport ride. I can live without big rocks and bigger dust clouds this weekend.

I'm waiting for a reply from the ride leader of a ride I took several months ago- did some cool teeny roads- both dirt and paved. But I was lost most of the time and don't know exactly where we were.

But- you folks [break into song here] go where you wanna go, do what you wanna-wanna do, with whoever you want to do it with[end lyric reference]

fn

please post

Lark = Zzzz. I'm bored with Lark and bored with CC. These are fun for practice and the short ride now and then, but I'd strongly prefer a dual-sport ride. I can live without big rocks and bigger dust clouds this weekend.

I'm waiting for a reply from the ride leader of a ride I took several months ago- did some cool teeny roads- both dirt and paved. But I was lost most of the time and don't know exactly where we were.

But- you folks [break into song here] go where you wanna go, do what you wanna-wanna do, with whoever you want to do it with[end lyric reference]

fn

nobody likes a whiner :D

but i'm with you... I'm bored of those places, too...

So... post the plan once you get your reply...

hey bob, I'll ride lark with you on sunday. still wanna go? I'm not bored with it since I've only been there twice. How early are you wanting to go?

hey bob, I'll ride lark with you on sunday. still wanna go? I'm not bored with it since I've only been there twice. How early are you wanting to go?

paul and I made some plans for some DS miles... so Lark is out for this week... next week I'll go with you>>>

I think Shock as going... Brad... you should take a Monday off (or another weekday) and I'll show you the best trails at Pine Valley and McCain... too much traffic on weekends :)

paul and I made some plans for some DS miles... so Lark is out for this week... next week I'll go with you>>>

I think Shock as going... Brad... you should take a Monday off (or another weekday) and I'll show you the best trails at Pine Valley and McCain... too much traffic on weekends :)

alright, maybe I'll start another thread for this weekend or completely jack this one. I'll do a weekday ride in the next month or so.

Hey can I tag along sometime? I have only ridden McCain once. I can take days off every once in a while (if planned in advance). :D

I was waiting for the Sunday ride to jell to a plan, and it seems to have vaporized. Is there a ride Sunday or not dual sport or otherwise? I would like to get out and ride half day somewhere even if it's the Ducati out to ride to lunch.

ORANGEBLOOD