Sign in to follow this  
ozzy

monday

Look out for my right-side Baja Designs mirror about a mile into the first single track trail on the right side of the fire road.

4:45am

Now THAT's devotion to the sport.......I can't even get up that early let alone LEAVE to ride that early........I'm more of a 4pm guy than a 4am guy :):) .....have fun!

Now THAT's devotion to the sport.......I can't even get up that early let alone LEAVE to ride that early........I'm more of a 4pm guy than a 4am guy :):) .....have fun!

I agree. Leaving at 6 AM is easy enough, but being at the riding venue and ready to go at 6 AM isn't easy to do unless you've camped for the night there (or live fairly close by). :D

Thanks for the ride guys, the couple of hours riding was enough for me as a warm up for my trip to Sequoia. You'll have to make the trip up there sometime and I'll show you some great single track and we can piece together some incredible rides. But you might be bored with the lack of rocks. The loamy dirt and smooth single track up there would lull you to sleep.

Also, I checked for the oil leak, and realized that it's the manual cam chain tensioner that seeps oil. The oil followed the gasket line around the head and looked like a leaking head gasket. So the good news is that I only need to clean the engine and mcct.

Hopefully after I spend 3 or 4 days riding next week I'll be able to come back and ride a longer ride than today.

Thanks again.

That comes from years of fishing. It's easier for me to get up early than to stay up late.

And considering my mediocre skill level...it's devotion and boundless optimism.

well... we all made it home in one piece...

nice meeting you Tom (dualsportdrz)

I got there at 10 til 6, and everybody was unloaded and geared up!!!

wackos!

I can't post pictures til tomorrow, but we did some fire road, some ozzytrack, kearnan, trail 1, 6, and 5... no major mishaps... trail 5 requires your full attention, for sure.

Tom, who normally rides in the Sequoia area, took a little time getting used to all the rocks... us in the back also got to contend with the rising sun/dust cloud, so that slowed us up a bit.

We'll post in members only once I get the download cable...

that was one of the better half day rides I've done :D

But you might be bored with the lack of rocks. The loamy dirt and smooth single track up there would lull you to sleep.

Ummm-no. Rocks are not my favorite.

Great ride today, thanks!

fn

But you might be bored with the lack of rocks. The loamy dirt and smooth single track up there would lull you to sleep.

Ummm-no. Rocks are not my favorite.

Great ride today, thanks!

fn

I don't know where in Sequoia Tom is riding where there are no rocks on the trail. Where we rode, there was some dirt, but a lot of our trails were quite rocky. I'd say easily more than 50% of the trails we rode up at Troy Meadows were loaded with rocks and running along the middle of a steep canyon wall too. :D

Also, I checked for the oil leak, and realized that it's the manual cam chain tensioner that seeps oil. The oil followed the gasket line around the head and looked like a leaking head gasket. So the good news is that I only need to clean the engine and mcct.

Hopefully after I spend 3 or 4 days riding next week I'll be able to come back and ride a longer ride than today.

Thanks again.

well that's good news... yeah... sorry about all the rocks; you would NOT have like trail 5... the boulders had rocks on them, and the rocks had baby heads on them, and the baby heads had pebbles... I'm not sure, but I think the pebbles had DG on them, and the DG had silt... other than that, it was loamy and smooth

nice ride,,,,,,smooth smooth smooth,, lookin good. just roll through those sections

2 weekends no ride for me,,this weekend glen helen sra gp.

great ride, good people, the temps at the begining was about 45 degrees started out cool but warmed right up had to shed some clothes. I am exausted and I too will post some pictures and video later after my nap.

air filter is black, muscles are sore. WOW that was fun! I am guessing about 45miles? :blink:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=757070084681733797

the beginning of that video needs a little explanation... We had stopped at that point to turn around, and the bike wouldn't fire up after taking a little nap (if I remember correctly)

So we walked to down to the flat, then started the descent...but I still can't watch the video

[the beginning of that video needs a little explanation... We had stopped at that point to turn around, and the bike wouldn't fire up after taking a little nap (if I remember correctly)

So we walked to down to the flat, then started the descent...but I still can't watch the video

eh no picture :) didn't happen :blink:

me too... next Monday.

HP; if you want to join us, you can crash... er... RIDE the XR

Roger you havent got hold of Aaron yet he can get your WR legal. We just went for 190 miler on sun. He has an 08 he is getting tagged you need to get hold of him. come on what are you waiting for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom