sdklr650

KTM 1190 RC8 Superbike

So is it true that KTM has moved production of all but the street bikes to India?

jon, I highly doubt those nazis are going to build their high end product in india. EVERY piece on my bike is make in austria, germany, or italy. I'm talking seals, bolts, plastics, everything. The austrains must have a lot of deals with other engineering companies in germany and italy. Do you think they would really outsource it to india. They might make cheapo bikes for the masses in india, not high end enduros. But hey I could be wrong.

Yeah I said it right, street bikes only in Austria. Who knows man, labor costs are a HELL of a lot less in India. They would be looking to lower retail costs by lowering production expenses.

EVERY piece on my bike is make in austria, germany, or italy. I'm talking seals, bolts, plastics, everything.

Wow....my 2005 KTM has Japanese parts on it, like tires, electronics, carburetor, rims. I think the exhaust and reed valves are made in America.

EVERY piece on my bike is make in austria, germany, or italy. I'm talking seals, bolts, plastics, everything.

Wow....my 2005 KTM has Japanese parts on it, like tires, electronics, carburetor, rims. I think the exhaust and reed valves are made in America.

whoops, forgot the ignition is japanese. and the FCR carb, excel wheels.

Dare I say it.....YOU BET :) .....Sounds like it's built like a HARLEY :blink:

Dare I say it.....YOU BET :) .....Sounds like it's built like a HARLEY :)

And that KTM has twice the horse power,Im sitting in my office right now eating a Thai style chicken wrap wishing it was lumpia that I missed last weekend at chiefs. :blink: