Crawdaddy

Festival of Beers and Bluesapalooza - Mammoth Lakes

Ok, you have 12 months to grovel for your hall pass......join us next year.....plenty of dirt/road riding in the Mammoth Lakes area.......

2009 Mammoth Lakes Festival of Beers and Bluesapalooza

Go HERE for info and dirt/road GPS tracks I posted before the 2008 event.

I'll upate this post next Spring when the Blues Acts are announced......

Ok, you have 12 months to grovel for your hall pass......join us next year.....plenty of dirt/road riding in the Mammoth Lakes area.......

2009 Mammoth Festival of Beers and Bluesapalooza

Go HERE for info and dirt/road GPS tracks I posted before the 2008 event.

Are you going to be riding your KTM Adventure for that run? :lol:

Are you going to be riding your KTM Adventure for that run? :lol:

Anybody have an extra ~$12K laying around :lol::lol: .......come'on, help a brother out! :lol:

I'm putting my "Adventure disease" to rest for a while........all this bike lusting is draining me.....perhaps I will be in the market next Spring/Summer

Ok, 09 acts just announced - Top Billing this year goes to Kenny Wayne Shepard: http://www.mammothbluesbrewsfest.com/

Fun event/great local riding........see reports from last year (we rode our street bikes last year)

I may go again this year "if" I can't make it to WestFest for some reason (same timeframe)......

Ok, 09 acts just announced - Top Billing this year goes to Kenny Wayne Shepard: http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/267969/...348/bb2306afc4/

Fun event/great local riding........see reports from last year (we rode our street bikes last year)

I may go again this year "if" I can't make it to WestFest for some reason (same timeframe)......

If we don't make it to West Fest, we should take the DualSport bikes up there and ride to Bishop, Bodie, etc.

If we don't make it to West Fest, we should take the DualSport bikes up there and ride to Bishop, Bodie, etc.

Yep, Westfest doesn't appear to be in the cards for me this year which means the Bluesapalooza moves front and center on the priority chain......Samir has already booked a room for himself and Rekha in Mammoth and he's already stated he's only bringing dualsport bikes this year......I *may* have a small dualsport for Kathy by then......regardless, I'm throwing my hat in the ring for the Bluesapalooza..........I've been buzzing the Sierra's on a sportbike for ~25 years..........time to switch gears and ride more dirt up that way.....

I am gona set the date with the wife, and hope we can both get the time away ( KIDLESS). This sounds like a great time. And a great excuse to haul my EXCR up aswell.

bc

This sounds great I will be camping in my van somewhere in the area(any other campers out there?) and bringing a dual sport

This sounds great I will be camping in my van somewhere in the area(any other campers out there?) and bringing a dual sport

Just as in years past, there's a ADVRider/camping event going on the same weekend just outside of Bishop.....I think SDLand has participated in this "un-rally" before.....looks like a fun crowd.....

5th Annual WMRS Ride: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458787

I've never paid much attention to it because I've always taken my road bike not my dual sport or ADV bike......Mammoth is only ~40 miles of slab away.......there are also some fun "dirty" ways to get between Bishop and Mammoth.....

Yep, Westfest doesn't appear to be in the cards for me this year which means the Bluesapalooza moves front and center on the priority chain......Samir has already booked a room for himself and Rekha in Mammoth and he's already stated he's only bringing dualsport bikes this year......I *may* have a small dualsport for Kathy by then......regardless, I'm throwing my hat in the ring for the Bluesapalooza..........I've been buzzing the Sierra's on a sportbike for ~25 years..........time to switch gears and ride more dirt up that way.....

Is there any chance you know any of the locals? It would be great to hook up with them

Is there any chance you know any of the locals? It would be great to hook up with them

I have friends who live full time in Lake Tahoe but not Mammoth Lakes........any/all are welcome to camp with the ADV crowd in Bishop........that might be your best bet.......there are also a few campgrounds in Mammoth Lakes right as you enter town if you want a more organized/less primitive setting......I'm pretty sure the one adjacent to the McDonalds has a pool/spa/showers

Ok, 09 acts just announced - Top Billing this year goes to Kenny Wayne Shepard: http://www.mammothbluesbrewsfest.com/

Just an FYI for any new members that may have missed this announcement......blues, brews and bikes up the the Sierras in July/August.....pretty sweet equation......

Link to thread with assorted dirt/street tracks in the Mammoth Lakes area: http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.p...ost&p=21882

Sounds fun. And this is definitely a dirty ride this time not street?

You going to be on the 620 or the 520?

Sounds fun. And this is definitely a dirty ride this time not street?

You going to be on the 620 or the 520?

Yes, dirty

Not sure which bike I'll take

Bump.....3 weeks from TODAY

LOOSE game plan - Head up Friday morning.....suck'em up/blues Friday night.......ride a loop from Mammoth Lakes to Bodie on Sat. (~150 miles - must be prepared for fuel range of ~110 miles - no gas between Mammoth Lakes and Lee Vining on planned track)......suck'em up/blues Sat night......assorted Mammoth Lakes/June Lake tracks on Sunday (~80 miles)......head for home......

Confirmed - Crawdaddy, Strega and SXP.......taking the dualsport bikes.....

I've been trolling this and am going to have to back out :blink: Sure sounds like a good time! I'll be just getting back from 8 days of camping and river rafting on the Klamath river with 120 Junior High kids.

I would love to go this year. Does anyone campout or does everyone stay in hotels? I'm new to this whole thing:)

Crawdaddy doesn't camp unless he's pulling his Toybox, and he's not pulling his Toybox. :blink:

I forget the name of the place we booked rooms...

I forget the name of the place we booked rooms...

Holiday Haus: http://www.holidayhaus.net/

Nothing fancy but walking distance to Festival of Beers/Bluesapalooza & Whiskey Creek for post Bluesapalooza festivities.......the motel rooms at Holiday Haus are basic/suitable......the small cabins they also offer are "ghetto barracks".....

I would love to go this year. Does anyone campout or does everyone stay in hotels? I'm new to this whole thing:)

I camp out at Mammoth quite often there are campgrounds on the right just as you come into town. I like New shady rest best for location Old shady rest is also good. you can reserve at WWW.RECURATION.GOV or try first come grab a spot. for more premitive camping there are quit a few camp sites on the road down by devels post pile you can usualy get a spot there if everythimg else is taken. I plan to be there someware but will be riding DH bike on slopes mostly and hope to hook up for some MC riding 450 EXC type.

things_go_bad.bmp

Bump.....3 weeks from TODAY

LOOSE game plan - Head up Friday morning.....suck'em up/blues Friday night.......ride a loop from Mammoth Lakes to Bodie on Sat. (~150 miles - must be prepared for fuel range of ~110 miles - no gas between Mammoth Lakes and Lee Vining on planned track)......suck'em up/blues Sat night......assorted Mammoth Lakes/June Lake tracks on Sunday (~80 miles)......head for home......

Confirmed - Crawdaddy, Strega and SXP.......taking the dualsport bikes.....

Been lurking here for a couple of years but havn't posted here. Well...put in a weekend request with the little woman and must have done it right. PASS Granted! Whoo Hoo! So far I'm headed for Mammoth Solo and will be on the lookout for fellow dualsporters. I'll been bringing the XR400R with the larger tank just to play it safe. I May camp out at Benton Crossing with the WMRS crowd but have no plan. Love to do a little riding with you guys if possible....

[ Been lurking here for a couple of years but havn't posted here. Well...put in a weekend request with the little woman and must have done it right. PASS Granted! Whoo Hoo! So far I'm headed for Mammoth Solo and will be on the lookout for fellow dualsporters. I'll been bringing the XR400R with the larger tank just to play it safe. I May camp out at Benton Crossing with the WMRS crowd but have no plan. Love to do a little riding with you guys if possible....

If OffRoadRich can come out of nowhere to ride with us to San Felipe (never to be heard from again), we might as well embrace "the Regulator" to ride with us in Mammoth.......so welcome Duane (from ADV Rider....correct?)......Glad to have you along.......PM on its way

.......so welcome Duane (from ADV Rider....correct?)......Glad to have you along.......PM on its way

Great...Lookin forward to it. Went to Mammoth High years ago but havn't done much riding up there. I go by "The Regulator" on TT but check all of the sites for interesting rides. Thanks for the welcome and I'll keep in touch. D

bump.jpg

Confirmed - Crawdaddy, Strega, SXP and "the Regulator"....plus some other non SDAR stragglers.....looks like we'll have 7 riders......report/pictures to follow....... ;):)

09Bluesapalooza.jpg