Crawdaddy

Long Way DOWN in Theaters - THIS THURSDAY ONLY

I bought the " Long Way ROUND" DVD when it was released a few years ago.....loved the "adventure" of the journey.....this follow-up three years later hasn't received reviews as favorable as the original, but I think our "adventure rider" crowd will probably still give it two thumbs up since we're a bit more interested than your average viewer.....

Link to Long Way DOWN Trailer

You can order the DVD now on Amazon, etc........but you can also see it on the Big Screen for one night only in select local theaters THIS THURSDAY at 7:30pm

North County folks - it's playing at the San Marcos Edwards 18 on San Marcos Blvd.......I'm going to try and make it....

I will try to be there. Maybe meet for a cold one before. :rolleyes: Ken

I will try to be there. Maybe meet for a cold one before. ;) Ken

Good plan :lol: .........San Marcos Brewery is close by......I think I'll plan to swing by there for dinner and a pint with Kathy after work :rolleyes: ......we'll probably be over there around 5:30-6......

tried to buy tickets online no luck probably not going to sell out? :rolleyes:

Saw your post and gave it shot......no luck at Sign On San Diego site.........so I did a bit of searching for San Marcos Stadium 18......found that you CAN buy tickets online at Fandango. I bought 2 tickets but I also had to pay a $2 surcharge/ticket ($24 for two tickets - $10/ticket plus $2 surcharge/ticket).....decided to pay the $4 "sell out" insurance so we don't need to scramble over from dinner.....

I will stop by the ticket office before dinner and get mine. I think you can get tickets a couple of hours before the movie.

The first(and last) time I purchased tickets on line there was a clause in there (after you already paid) that said something like; buying this ticket online does not guarranty entry to the movie if they are sold out. Which was the purpose for me buying the thing online in the first place. It was a pain in the ass to get it on line and they had a bunch of pop-ups and crap on there. A lousy way to run a business if you ask me.

I am sure there are different companys that sell online and I am sure some are better than others. I was purchasing tickets for the Krikorian Theatres in Vista when I had my negative experience. :rolleyes: Ken

I will stop by the ticket office before dinner and get mine. I think you can get tickets a couple of hours before the movie.

The first(and last) time I purchased tickets on line there was a clause in there (after you already paid) that said something like; buying this ticket online does not guarranty entry to the movie if they are sold out. Which was the purpose for me buying the thing online in the first place. It was a pain in the ass to get it on line and they had a bunch of pop-ups and crap on there. A lousy way to run a business if you ask me.

I am sure there are different companys that sell online and I am sure some are better than others. I was purchasing tickets for the Krikorian Theatres in Vista when I had my negative experience. :rolleyes: Ken

Buying before dinner would be far too logical.....you're right, that's the avenue I would've normally pursued, but Jeff's post had me on a mission to see if it could be done "on-line".....see ya Thursday....

The fine print:

"Your purchase guarantees you admission. For best seat selection, please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to show time. If you encounter any problems or can't retrieve tickets, ask Theater Personnel for help or ask them to call Fandango's Theater Support Hotline. Tickets good for date and time listed. No refunds or exchanges allowed. For more info visit http://www.fandango.com/refunds. Confirmation of this transaction has been e-mailed. If you have questions regarding Fandango, please visit Customer Support at http://fandango.custhelp.com. "

Anybody want to meet at the Mission Valley 20?

Jon, I think if I'm able to go I'll meet the other guys in north county. I haven't seen Joliet for a while. Maybe Dug will show up as well. Jon, what say we go up to them this time.

Jon, what say we go up to them this time.

Good point Roger. I think I'll do that instead. So what time and where?

Jon

Maybe Dug will show up as well.

I'm thinking about it... I mentioned to the wife that I wanted to go and didn't get a "NO" so I guess that's a "YES", right?

I was going to bring Mickey too if I can figure out the rating system. One of the websites says it's not rated but to consider it PG-13, but I don't know how the theater will treat it. We'll probably skip the brewery beforehand in favor of something more kid friendly - (Maybe Tom's Diner across the street).

I was going to bring Mickey too if I can figure out the rating system. One of the websites says it's not rated but to consider it PG-13,

There is cussing in the movie. Not much else.

I was going to bring Mickey too if I can figure out the rating system. One of the websites says it's not rated but to consider it PG-13,

There is cussing in the movie. Not much else.

I have the first on on DVD and it's probably more of the same (language, like you said)...

I'm just not sure of the theater's age policy for "non-rated" movies. I can't seem to get through to a human on the phones. I may have to swing by after work and see what they say...

Thanks,

Doug

I have the first on on DVD and it's probably more of the same (language, like you said)...

I'm just not sure of the theater's age policy for "non-rated" movies. I can't seem to get through to a human on the phones. I may have to swing by after work and see what they say...

Thanks,

Doug

That's about it. If you have seen the other one, then you know what to expect. Same mouths, different locations....

Same mouths, different locations....

B)B):(:(:D

Man, i wish i could go, but i've gotta work. I guess I'll just have to wait for the dvd.

Thanks,

Doug

Even on R rated movies they have the little disclaimer and magic phrase, "under 18 not admitted without parent". Key word being parent. That's you Doug. As long as it's not X rated I think you'll be ok with the law/theatre.

I was going to bring Mickey too if I can figure out the rating system.

The language can be a bit rough now then.....especially when they wipe out on their bikes......but Mickey has already been exposed to that sort of language/reaction after riding with me in Moab, Big Bear, Grand Canyon, etc..... :DB) B) :(:(:D

Even on R rated movies they have the little disclaimer and magic phrase, "under 18 not admitted without parent". Key word being parent. That's you Doug. As long as it's not X rated I think you'll be ok with the law/theatre.

That's what I think too. I guess I'll just get the tickets and they hopefully won't question age... If they do, it's only a few blocks from my house so Mickey can walk home while I watch the movie!!! B)

By the way - I like how you're getting in the British mood already "theatre" -vs- "theater"... B)

NICE! I'd love to hop on bike and disapear for a year or two and do a ride like that B)

Hodapilot gimmie a call, I'd like to see the full movie.

I've just returned from the shopping centre. It was bloody good fun, the bonnies were delightful. I'll give you a ring later tonight mate and we'll pair up for the outing.

Crikey, I've lost me head! I'm goin for a pint at the pub, maybe play a round of snooker.

I just found Long Way Round on Reality TV just now, if anybody is interested in that one.

Maybe, I can watch the new one on Saturday :)

Ok guys. Are we agreed on a plan of action here? We watch the movie Thursday 7:30 pm at the Edwards theatre in San Marcos (1180 West San Marcos Boulevard San Marcos, 92069 760-471-3711).

Buy the tickets before the show time. Meet at San Marcos Brewery around 5:30 or 6:00 pm for diner with Crawdaddy and Kathy. Or eat with DigDug and Mickey at Tom's Diner across the street from (somewhere). Or just meet at the theater around 7:00 pm (get tickets early). Does this sound right? ;)

Anybody have the addresses for San Marcos Brewery and Tom’s diner? And of course if you have any questions call Crawdaddy or DigDug. :)