SD_Frontier

Memorial Night Ride and Vigil for Dennis Sherod - Details on Post #33

Details of the memorial service:

The service will be held Monday July 21st from 6pm to sunset at the Torrey Pines Hilton at the outdoor terrace overlooking the golf course. Semi-formal attire please.

Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines

10950 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California, United States 92037

Tel: 1-858-558-1500 Fax: 1-858-450-4584

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/SANT...fornia/index.do

...i cant express, in words, the flood of emotions i felt when i visited with Dennis' daughter and family yesterday. Desiree, his daughter, gave me a big hug and i could tell how grateful she was even though she uttered no words. i'm glad she will be able to meet some of you tonight...

Thanks for all the extra efforts Paul. It's tough to share words when there is no way they can sooth such a loss. Sometimes the greatest compassion is to just be there.

Let's ride especially safe tonight folks. For those that can't make it we'll express your condolences.

I will be heading down this evening with my truck for the vigil. If anyone from North County wants to ride along, I can hold 3 more comfortably. PM me if you want to ride along. I will also be picking up a bunch of candles for those who will be riding motorcycles. Ken

I will be heading down this evening with my truck for the vigil. If anyone from North County wants to ride along, I can hold 3 more comfortably. PM me if you want to ride along. I will also be picking up a bunch of candles for those who will be riding motorcycles. Ken

thanks for coming, Ken.

the plan right now is for riders to meet in Downtown on 2nd and Ash. we will then ride up the 163 to Mesa College Drive and head south on Linda Vista Rd towards the accident site. we will ride through the intersection greeted by Dennis' family, friends, and coworkers. for those that want to stay, we will then park in a church parking lot a half block from the site and walk towards the intersection together. with a single rose in hand. (thanks for the idea Brian) man, i'm getting choked up just thinking about it. the riders will then either present the family with the roses or lay it on the ground. candles should be provided for us to join the vigil.

Will you all at 7 at 2nd n Ash, will ride the R6 tonight.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

It's my 5 year wedding anaversary and I am leaving on a surf trip to Baja in the morning.

I will be there, I just can't decide what bike to ride. :unsure: I feel my CR 500 wants to ride tonight. :unsure:

Craig.

It was good to see so many people there.

It obviously meant a lot to Dennis' family. Very touching.

I spent extra time putting my wee one to bed tonight.

I have a very, very hard time seeing other people in pain, the only respite I can get from that is through sharing it with people I know and love like the Brothers and Sisters I have met here.

Thank you all for allowing me to be there and for Dennis and his family I can only wish with the most sincerity and pray for you that warmth, comfort , love and light may fill your hearts and heal your pain. This I pray to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

wow. just wow. thank you, all, for your support. i have been sitting for 5 minutes thinking about something to say. i can't even come up with the words. this is a great group of, not only riders, but human beings. i am very pleased to be a part of it.

From the Sherod Family:

Words can’t describe how thankful we are for the outpour of support and affection the motorcycle community showed us and our father last night. What everyone did for us made us feel like we could breathe again, even for just a bit, and leaves us with the reassurance that he was relishing in that moment. We can picture the trademark giddy smile he would have had. You brought us great comfort and pride and for that we are eternally indebted. Simply…..Thank You!

You’ve given so much and we ask one last favor….please ride safe.

Below is Monday’s Celebration of Life Service information. We welcome anyone who would like to attend. Please know that you’ve already gone well beyond what we could have hoped for.

The service will be held Monday July 21st from 6pm to sunset at the Torrey Pines Hilton at the outdoor terrace overlooking the golf course.

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hote...ornia/index.do

i know it wasnt mentioned above but i have heard that semi-formal attire is requested at the service. please pm me if you have any questions.

Paul, thanks for organizing the ride. You gave each of us a chance to share our support for the family and one another, even if all we could muster was a hug and a flower.

At a difficult time to say anything of meaning to the family, it was nice to share with them the positive impact Dennis had with riders not just in San Diego, but all over the country and perhaps the world.

As many of you know the friendships you develop here don't remain just on the website. You often meet people down the road who you've shared useful information with, or who just simply share the same passion for exploring on two wheels. Not to mention for every person you interact with, there could be dozens more who just gleen help from your posts.

Thank you for your friendships with Dennis and enhancing his motorcycle experience. He really loved to ride.

From the Sherod Family:

Words can’t describe how thankful we are for the outpour of support and affection the motorcycle community showed us and our father last night. What everyone did for us made us feel like we could breathe again, even for just a bit, and leaves us with the reassurance that he was relishing in that moment. We can picture the trademark giddy smile he would have had. You brought us great comfort and pride and for that we are eternally indebted. Simply…..Thank You!

You’ve given so much and we ask one last favor….please ride safe.

Below is Monday’s Celebration of Life Service information. We welcome anyone who would like to attend. Please know that you’ve already gone well beyond what we could have hoped for.

The service will be held Monday July 21st from 6pm to sunset at the Torrey Pines Hilton at the outdoor terrace overlooking the golf course.

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hote...ornia/index.do

Outstanding turn out! Paul, you have done a great service for the family and friends of Dennis, THANK YOU.

As for what sdland says.....I couldn't say a word to his family ...just nothing would come out. But they knew. and thanked us all for being there.....as soon as I saw Desire, I almost couldn't hold it together, she's so heartbroken, and as I walked toward the family...I was thinking of my own as well....

be safe out there and keep that extra eye we all have watching !!