I'll be at jacumba exit saturday 9am at the jacumba exit valero station off I8.

619-990-0843

I am probably up for a ride Saturday. Bring the rain. What time?

Paul - blackberry (619) 756-5002

400 EXC

where do you guys wanna go? I vote for jacumba about 9 saturday. Anyone else have an opinion?

where do you guys wanna go? I vote for jacumba about 9 saturday. Anyone else have an opinion?

What's the riding like in Jacumba? (Sandy, rocky, steep, etc.). Never been there.

Steve

there is all of the above, but there is some easy stuff too. Most all of it is sandy. If you wanna come explore feel free to. You can skip any trails that are too much.

I'll be at the jacumba gas station off I8 at 9:00 tomorrow morning with another buddy.

never been to Jacumba I think I can make it what is the riding area called ? I did a gps search for tracks and got nothing for Jacumba :)

I think I will ride on Sunday.....sorry I'll miss this one.

there is all of the above, but there is some easy stuff too. Most all of it is sandy. If you wanna come explore feel free to. You can skip any trails that are too much.

I'll be at the jacumba gas station off I8 at 9:00 tomorrow morning with another buddy.

Thanks, Brad. The issue was resolved when my wife reminded me we had a date to go to a movie Saturday morning. Have a good time; I'll get my sand practice another time. If anyone in your group has a GPS, post some tracks along with your ride report.

Steve

That's a long way to ride a KTM 400 EXC to and from, and I don't have a trailer. I will call UHaul in the morning or if someone has room for another bike let me know. Paul

couldn't get ahold of my other bud who is coming and my truck is packed so you are on your own paul. I was going to try and get you a ride but its not happening. Sorry dude.

Hey Brad,

We won't make it...pushing midnight and still busy enjoying distilled spirits. Maybe next week if the weather doesn't blow?

Z

That's a long way to ride a KTM 400 EXC to and from, and I don't have a trailer. I will call UHaul in the morning or if someone has room for another bike let me know. Paul

Hey all, I have a flatbed trailer that rarely gets used......the wheel bearings need to be exercised, so if anyone wants to borrow it anytime, call me or send PM.

It has a 4 prong pigtail trailer connector and a 2" hitch.

Alex and my buddy frank showed up. Paul the noob made it halfway there and realized he didn't have the key to his bike. I would have hot wired it, but that is another story...

The weather was awesome. Cloudy all day and in the high 80s. Small sprinkle here and there and the dirt had a little dampness in it. A few puddles here and there. We did the KLR canyon, the mine trail and the other trails on the north side of the 8. 40 miles, lots of technical sections. Didn't take any pics, too busy riding. It was a shame more people didn't show up and take advantage of the great mid summer weather and sweet terrain.

I would like to try out this area, I thought it was going to be really hot and dusty, guess I thought wrong :scratch_one-s_head: