tvscum

Blue Toyota Tacoma damaged near heart attack hill?

Did anybody see a blue Toyota Tacoma abandoned and damaged (perhaps near heart attack hill) in late July or early August 2023?  If so, do you know the date?  Any photos?  The truck belonged to a missing couple who may have tried to hike out in the extreme heat.  Thanks!

• Sad 1

As a Sheriff's Department SAR team member, I'm familiar with this situation. Law enforcement is on top of this investigation. That's all I'm going to say on a public forum. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Sad 1

well I guess you got the story. Not a happy ending for sure

Well, now that News 8 is reporting that Fang Jin's remains have been found and her family notified, hats off to San Diego Search and Rescue for locating her and our own Oracle/LB for participating in the search on Saturday October 28, 2023 that located her.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

Oracle,

If I am not mistaken, this is a least the second time someone has tried to walk out from Heart Attack via Harper canyon in extreme weather.  It seems a major mistake to walk that direction. Why not return on the road you came in on?  Higher/cooler and a known time frame.

Bags

Me and a few other SDAR members went out searching for Mickey Guidry when they organized a search shortly after he went missing. One of the organizers of that search was the father of that girl Amber, a famous case that was eventually solved and had an unhappy ending.

• Like 1