New Meats going on Sat. Morning!!

Four Corners Sat. NIGHT!!

Moo..ha..ha...

(ah.. where's four corners?)

Four Corners is at the top of Morena Stokes road. That was the road we rode in on to get to Kernan trail on our Friday ride we went on a couple of weeks ago. The top of Kernan where we came out was Four Corners. Remember the gravel parking lot?

FakeName does not "tent".

Unless it's some sort of large, resort-like tent, like an arabian royalty, with berber carpet on the floor, air conditioning, scantily-clad dancing girls who peel grapes for FakeName and fans FakeName with freshly-cut palm fronds.

fn

I'd have to agree with FN. After "camping out" in a luxury trailer, I don't miss any of my days of tent camping. It turns out that all the comforts of home are what I like best about going to the wilds. :angry:

FakeName does not "tent".

Unless it's some sort of large, resort-like tent, like an arabian royalty, with berber carpet on the floor, air conditioning, scantily-clad dancing girls who peel grapes for FakeName and fans FakeName with freshly-cut palm fronds.

In the absence of circumstances, FakeName will drive home, after sharing a single beer, preferably Belgian. The Belgians are a beer powerhouse.

fn

:angry: ... always have to dig, don't you? I'll bring you an American beer... B)

As for your tent fantasies, you can re-play them in your head over and over during the ride...

That movie Scares me!!

It's Not going to be like that....

Bikeslut----- Keifer-----Bikeslut------

MIMI HELP ME!!!!

I CAN'T GO!!!!

NOT!!!

New Meats going on Sat. Morning!!

Four Corners Sat. NIGHT!!

Moo..ha..ha...

(ah.. where's four corners?)

That was the intersection at the top of Corral Campground (where we stopped and talked to the tards last time)

to drive there, stay on 8 til Buckman Springs, turn right about 3 miles, turn right to the OHV area (if you went over the low bridge, you went too far), then take that road a few miles to the OHV... Or you can meet me at Pine Valley at about 440, and follow me on the street

Okay, so now it looks like we have

me

Spaugh

Bikeslut

Sandiegoland

Fakename

Walker1

and maybe Esefa?

[edit] and shmaybe Joliet

so six to eight people who will be meeting Saturday evening at 5:00 pm at Corral Canyon at the Four Corners parking lot. So far, so good. :angry:

anyone else interested in pitching a tent...

I'm playing it by ear. Probably won't, but think it's a good idea to have the option and will have a bag with me.

What's the route? Does it need to be a street legal bike? (asking on account of a friend)

Will it be anything like

? :angry:

So your going to ride 2-up, that is no way to talk about your better half B) . I am going to try to make it, so wear your tinted goggles, I will be bringing another retina frying husky. :) Ken

I think I will be on the KLX for this ride. It has a somewhat brighter headlight than the Husky.

Maybe we can stop at some diner or something for supper.

...and will have a bag with me.

So your going to ride 2-up, that is no way to talk about your better half :P

When she heard it might rain she asked if it was on the V-Strom. She wanted to go then! :P

No pegs on the DRZ, like I won't already be the slowest anyway... <_<

I'm relatively new to the area; can someone post a map link to 4 Corners or a map of the ride? How many miles is the ride? I might be able to ride a few hours so is there a way to hop off the train at an earlier point?

Shock

I'm relatively new to the area; can someone post a map link to 4 Corners or a map of the ride? How many miles is the ride? I might be able to ride a few hours so is there a way to hop off the train at an earlier point?

Shock

I gave directions to 4 corners a couple of posts up... You can always hop off the train, and, with this group, you'll usually have somebody to join you... at least some of us will have GPS, and we all have decent knowledge of the roads in the area...

Shock

The last year it was about 60 or 70 miles and there is a fair amount of pavement on the way back to the staging area. It is not a strenuous ride by any means.

Guest crmyers

Hey, I will go , damn that means I will have to leave my house by 4:45, I came back early from my 3 day ride, everyone should try Nate Harrison Road from Pauma to Palomar 6500 hundred feet in 7 miles on dirt, Yeehaw! If anyone wants to meet at my place I live at Mt. Empire High School, no adventure pass required and a locked fence too, call me or show up I will unlock the gate at 4:00, look for the yellow modular next to the yellow buses it the furthest south gate to the school, about one mile from the turn to Corral Canyon. Charlie 619-316-8726.

If anyone wants to meet at my place I live at Mt. Empire High School, no adventure pass required and a locked fence too, call me or show up I will unlock the gate at 4:00, look for the yellow modular next to the yellow buses it the furthest south gate to the school, about one mile from the turn to Corral Canyon.

Wow! You live conveniently close to all the best stuff. <_<

So now about 9 or 10 riders....

uh-there will be pavement riding??

(first iPhone post)

Fn

Briana is gonna come and papaalex and my buddy bryan are maybes. And I wouldn't be surprised if more people show up. Can anyone give a rough outline of the route for dark riding?

Briana is gonna come and papaalex and my buddy bryan are maybes. And I wouldn't be surprised if more people show up. Can anyone give a rough outline of the route for dark riding?

Last year we rode down SDAR side of Kernan, then out Morena Stokes road to Buckman Springs, then west on Bear Valley to PIne Valley cul de sac, then into Pine Valley and west on old 80 to Pine Valley road, up Deer Springs, to Sunrise Highway, south to Thing Valley, down Thing Valley to old 80, we then went east on old 80 to the Golden Acorn where people topped off their tanks, then we went on pavement back to where the barbecue was set up at the Kernan crossing on Morena Stokes road. After the supper, I went home because it was 11 o clock at night and I needed to go to work the next day, so I don't know where the late runners rode after that. We can do that route or modify it if need be. I don't know what anybody wants to do for supper eats. Any suggestions?

I kinda maybe might sorta make it. The Pig POS has still got me confused, and I am too cheap to let anyone touch it. I may have problems.

5pm is awful early when the sun sets around 8.

I will be a definite maybe! <_<

I kinda maybe might sorta make it. The Pig POS has still got me confused, and I am too cheap to let anyone touch it. I may have problems.

5pm is awful early when the sun sets around 8.

I will be a definite maybe! <_<

Looks like our last night ride rally point started at 5:30, last August. So does that sound better? I just want to make sure that everybody can make it out and get geared up and that all our plans can be discussed and finalized. The main thing is to beat the heat, I think.

We could do a loop that takes Espinoza and Sky Valley after our other loop if anybody would want to do that.

you guys and girls have fun. I'm in Hamilton, MT for the weekend. This is the weekend off their big local festival, Daly Days. I'm off to a car show and then the Bitterroot Brewery for some great microbrew.

Okay, looks like:

Me

Spaugh

Brianna

Bikeslut

Sandiegoland

Fakename

Walker1

crmyers

Maybe list:

Esefa

Joliet

Bryan

papaalex

carguy

roostingu

shocknawe

and looks to be still on track for 5 O clock.

Last year we rode down SDAR side of Kernan, then out Morena Stokes road to Buckman Springs, then west on Bear Valley to PIne Valley cul de sac...

Bear Valley road has been closed at Buckman Springs for a while now so you'll need to go up Kernan. Clayton and I were also on Thing Valley about a year ago and ran into a gate about halfway between 80 and Mt. Laguna; according to the USFS web site that's also still closed.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/conditions/

Clayton and I will probably go out to Corral later this afternoon, but we'll get our riding in during the daylight hours and hang out with you folks at 4 Corners before we go.

Well poop, we can't go at all because one of our work servers died and Clayton has to deal with it (we work at the same place; he's IT dude).

I still might cruise out on my Hypermotard just to say hello before you gals/guys all take off. I miss my riding buddies.

Well poop, we can't go at all because one of our work servers died and Clayton has to deal with it (we work at the same place; he's IT dude).

I still might cruise out on my Hypermotard just to say hello before you gals/guys all take off. I miss my riding buddies.

Perhaps he will be able to get things patched up in time for an evening ride <_< Either way, It'd be great to see ya.

My wife just told me our daughter has a birthday party this afternoon and since the wife isn't feeling well, I have been nominated. I am out for this one. Later, <_< Ken