Sign in to follow this  
tntmo

New Triumph Tiger 1200 models

I know we have a lot of big bike riders in the group.  Triumph has been a minor player in the market for a while, not often seen during any adventure rides.  The new 1200 looks like a nice machine, but I guess until we see them on the trail we won't know.

What do y'all think? 

https://advrider.com/triumph-unveils-five-new-tiger-1200-models/

heh heh....     I been representing Triumph ADV big bikes on local rides for the last 17 months.    :)  

Absolutely LOVE my 900 Tiger Rally Pro.   It's comfortable and capable on-road, but more importantly, it's a blast off road.    I can't believe where this bike has taken me and I know I've only scratched the surface of what it's actually capable of (taking into account my level of skill....lol).      It's been very reliable as well, I've had no issues...except for a rear turn signal that died....but that was my fault caused by a hard drop on an uphill that got the best of my skill level. 

Best of all...it's green....and as Kelly @Zubb knows, green bikes are the best. ;)

I'm really liking what they've done with the new 1200 (based on what info is available).   If I was doing more road touring, the 1200 would likely be a better option...but i truly spend most of my time off road and the lighter weight of the 900 (450 pounds) was a factor in deciding what bike I went with.  

They've got Ricky Carmichael (GOAT - Greatest of All Time MX/SX) on board doing development for their new motocross venture.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2021/07/22/triumph-motocross-ricky-carmichael/

He's been running around on a 900 for some time...lots of videos.

But here's one with him riding the 1200....

...and a video of him running the 900

• Like 1

No. . . . uh, sorry.

Green is no longer the best color.  White is...

561027726_2020GSHP.JPG.40283c7bdceeadc7c866c72cb9864b6f.JPG

I think your Triumph has some white on it so your still good in my book! 😁

1 hour ago, Zubb said:

No. . . . uh, sorry.

Green is no longer the best color.  White is...

561027726_2020GSHP.JPG.40283c7bdceeadc7c866c72cb9864b6f.JPG

I think your Triumph has some white on it so your still good in my book! 😁

Nope...Green is still best.....😜   but that white GS sure is purdy.   Did you get a new bike or is that on the Santa "wish list"?

I've paid for it. Now just gotta get it here from ABQ.  Would have done a fly-n-ride in the grand tradition but there's a lot of 7,000' road between here and there and it is December.  Should have it in hand by the 20th though.

And yes,. . . green may still be the best color.  Particularly the 2014 GSA green and Triumph's green. Drop dead sexy.

52 minutes ago, Zubb said:

I've paid for it. Now just gotta get it here from ABQ.  Would have done a fly-n-ride in the grand tradition but there's a lot of 7,000' road between here and there and it is December.  Should have it in hand by the 20th though.

And yes,. . . green may still be the best color.  Particularly the 2014 GSA green and Triumph's green. Drop dead sexy.

Awesome!   Congrats!!!!!  Looking forward to seeing it.

• Like 1

Damn that 1200 is 574lbs claimed wet.
I rode one before and it was top heavy to say the least, but that was a very early model.

Do like the shaft drive for ease of maint though

• Like 1