DigDug

North County Yamaha has a KTM 690 Enduro in stock

I was in NCY this past week to pick up some stuff an noticed they had a 690 there. Pretty cool bike. I sat on it and it sure did feel light (well balanced, sitting on it rocking it around, it felt almost as light as my 450) - I had a hard time believing it was a 300 lb plus machine until I got off and tried to lift the back end and swing it around like you'd have to do on a tight trail - and I'm sure picking it up would show its true weight too.

EFI looked weird, and they used the snazzy Duke instrument cluster (neutral indicator, etc) rather than the minimal dirt bike console on the EXC's. It's definitely more of a street bike (dualsport) than the exc's, locking seat/gas cap, etc...

I'd probably pick one up if I had the cash and the garage space. No price tag on it yet though...

wow i am suprise you saw it at all. all american ktm said they only getting 2 this year and there are 6 people on the waiting list. maybe they are just pulling my leg, maybe i will swing down to ncy and take a look.

wow i am suprise you saw it at all. all american ktm said they only getting 2 this year and there are 6 people on the waiting list. maybe they are just pulling my leg, maybe i will swing down to ncy and take a look.

3 Brothers in Temecula seems to get their fair share of bikes, I guess they're in tight with the KTM-NA guys. When I was shopping for my '07 EXC, it seemed like nobody had any. I walked into 3-Bros and they had 3 or 4 on the floor and a few in crates too. They might have the 690 too...

3 BROS in temec does have a few. I am waiting on the go ahead to buy the 690 enduro if my supermoto wheel setup from my 525 exc will fit. The owner andre is a good friend of mine and he is checking into it. meanwhile I am riding my neighbors 690 SMR for now. When he lets me. :(

They are not pulling your leg. One was received and delivered the same day, the second unit was on the showroom floor Monday when I was there just waiting for the owner to pick it up.

I did a short ride, 3 miles, on the one at NCY and while it is a nice bike, it was not something I was interested in trading my 990 for. Suffers for power in the low RPM range. Probably something that could be fixed with a pipe and sprocket, though.

Quantities are likely to be small through 2009, so if you want one you'd better get it now, because this might be the only shipment until 2010.

You heard me right.

I'm on the waiting list for a 2009 300 XCW-e which are also expect to be in the slim-to-none quantities.

I was in NCY this past week to pick up some stuff an noticed they had a 690 there. Pretty cool bike. I sat on it and it sure did feel light (well balanced, sitting on it rocking it around, it felt almost as light as my 450) - I had a hard time believing it was a 300 lb plus machine until I got off and tried to lift the back end and swing it around like you'd have to do on a tight trail - and I'm sure picking it up would show its true weight too.

EFI looked weird, and they used the snazzy Duke instrument cluster (neutral indicator, etc) rather than the minimal dirt bike console on the EXC's. It's definitely more of a street bike (dualsport) than the exc's, locking seat/gas cap, etc...

I'd probably pick one up if I had the cash and the garage space. No price tag on it yet though...

There's one in All American until early next week when the owner arrives to pick it up......they're only getting two and both we're pre sold........I checked it out last night......never thought I would have any interest in an "Adventure" type bike as opposed to a "dualsport" (plated dirt bike)........but WOW......I sat on the bike last night and it felt pretty light/sweet.......I think it's about ~300lbs which is VERY reasonable for a bike of that size/mission......sort of weird to have the gas tank under the seat but I guess that helped shift the center of mass/weight giving it that nimble feel.....didn't care for the stock can.....that big pig would have to go!!!

that bike was rated the best dual sport by (motorcyclist or cycle world), before it was even available to most...

apparently one of the best features is an adjustable mapping, so you can get all the power to the ground on the street, and still control it on the dirt... light weight and 3rd gear power wheelies...

cept it's orange :)

Orange and until they put the longer travel Baja suspension on it...not interested.

3 BROS in temec does have a few. I am waiting on the go ahead to buy the 690 enduro if my supermoto wheel setup from my 525 exc will fit. The owner andre is a good friend of mine and he is checking into it. meanwhile I am riding my neighbors 690 SMR for now. When he lets me. :)

My 525 exc wheels will work but we have to put in new bearings cuz the axle is bigger on the rear wheel of the 690. A enduro will go supermoto but a supermoto should not go enduro. Triple clamp difference and leading axle forks and brakes and they have linkage rearend suspension,finally.etc etc.

I bought the 690 SMC today.We took off the whole front fork assembly and put on a mx front end kept the supermoto wheels and bought a set of 18 & 21 wheels so it can be both supermoto and enduro. I bought it 3 bros in temecula.

Damn SCHWINN you got a hell of a growing collection there!

I'm house trained (sort of) and I don't eat too much so will you please adopt me? B):)

Damn SCHWINN you got a hell of a growing collection there!

I'm house trained (sort of) and I don't eat too much so will you please adopt me? B):)

Do you wash bikes and do maintanence. We can use a stable boy, out to the bunkhouse with you. Your daughter could come hang out, shes ultra cool.