Sign in to follow this  
roostingu

Kennedy Meadows

Just a warning....I may not get home until late in the evening monday and I have a wheel in dirtdame's garage. An early morning Tuesday departure may not be in the cards for me.

I will post more when I know... if someone wants to fetch and mount my wheel for me, Tuesday morning would be doable.

I'd do it if I had the time, which may be tight for me tomorrow. I've got to work most of the day tomorrow - still have to get the toyhauler from storage, do some shopping for food, fill the water, etc...

I guess you'll have to drive up to dirtdame's, get your wheel, drive back to your house, mount it, load the bike, then drive back to dirtdame's to load... Mounting the wheel's probably not too long, but it's the driving that'll kill you time wise... Where do you live? What time do you think you could have all that done and ready to roll by? It's a 5-6 hour drive so a little later start won't hurt us too bad...

I'm assuming it's the whole wheel and not just the tire....

Doug

I just talked to Jon he is on the way home now and is picking up the wheel with the tire already mounted tonite so that problem is taken care of :scratch_one-s_head:

Do you have a first aid kit bandages and such and also I think I need to bring laptop to pull footage off the helmet camera I only have 1 2gig card which is about 60+mins I don't think it will be enough,I think there is going to be some neat stuff to video up there, will I be able to use a small inverter as laptop battery is only good for about an hour? Got some good video today riding off sunrise hwy about 10=15miles of technical jeep trails only technical because no body on these for quite some time i will try to post later. Mimi is posting the report but here dsl server is down until 11pm?

I just talked to Jon he is on the way home now and is picking up the wheel with the tire already mounted tonite so that problem is taken care of :)

Do you have a first aid kit bandages and such and also I think I need to bring laptop to pull footage off the helmet camera I only have 1 2gig card which is about 60+mins I don't think it will be enough,I think there is going to be some neat stuff to video up there, will I be able to use a small inverter as laptop battery is only good for about an hour? Got some good video today riding off sunrise hwy about 10=15miles of technical jeep trails only technical because no body on these for quite some time i will try to post later. Mimi is posting the report but here dsl server is down until 11pm?

Good deal on Jon!!! We MAY even be able to get a little riding in Tuesday!!! 6am too early in Escondido, or do we want to count on 7 or later? I know Jeff and Jon are coming up from down south...

I have a first aid kit in the truck, one in the toyhauler, and one in my pack... we should be good.

I've got an inverter in the camper as well as a generator for 110 volts - no issues with power.

I started a little grocery shopping tonight, picked up the generic stuff (bread, paper plates, peanut butter, jelly, etc). I hope I got enough :scratch_one-s_head: , I'm used to a family of three not five ;) .... I'll get the rest tomorrow after I pick up the toyhauler so I can load it directly into it and the fridge. Anybody have any requests for food stuffs? I think there's a small general store about 10 miles from the campgrounds if we forget anything. Oh, I'll have plenty of water (bottled plus what's in the camper), cokes, diet-cokes, gatorade, but it's BYOB if you want it...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5990100462260709143

don't need no beer :scratch_one-s_head: how about loading there at DD at the bottom of the drive there is enough room to pull off nordahl and back slightly up out of the way we could load everything there and run the vehichles up the hill and park inside her compound with high security ;) and 6-7 should be OK I have always burned av100 and I am thinking of getting 5gallons plus a full tank, and after that I guess I will go to pump gas it should be fine what the heck maybe I will just get 5gallons of high test. I am expecting my screen for the spark arrestor tommorow 2nd day air whatever that means, if by chance it doesn't show where can I get some steel screen. I will have to improvise.? :)

Jeff, For your screen you might try making a paper template and roll it into a cone similar to a small dunce hat 3 or 4 inches long. Then with what you learned from the template take your tin snips make a real one out of fine mesh screen that you can shove into your pipe leaving it big enough for friction that it stays put while you are riding or possibly talking to the Feds. Your needle nose pliers should be able to remove it easily, grabbing a dog eared corner you can untwist it out. Buy enough for at least three and take two. Check this place out, they have everything under one roof.

www.sandiegohardware.com

5710 Kearny Villa Rd Suite A

San Diego, CA 92123

(858) 576-1892

Have a great trip.

Todd

Jeff, For your screen you might try making a paper template and roll it into a cone similar to a small dunce hat 3 or 4 inches long. Then with what you learned from the template take your tin snips make a real one out of fine mesh screen that you can shove into your pipe leaving it big enough for friction that it stays put while you are riding or possibly talking to the Feds. Your needle nose pliers should be able to remove it easily, grabbing a dog eared corner you can untwist it out. Buy enough for at least three and take two. Check this place out, they have everything under one roof.

www.sandiegohardware.com

5710 Kearny Villa Rd Suite A

San Diego, CA 92123

(858) 576-1892

Have a great trip.

Todd

thanks todd I think this will be a fun trip

Just getting things squared around the house now. I'm off to run a few errands and pick up some things. I'll be picking up a few camping necessities and looks like I'll be picking up the beer too. I've got to mount up the wheels on the bike and a quick tech inspection, Hopefully I can find the stock jets I want to reinstall the smaller jets for the higher elevation.

See you guys in the morning.

I want to add some roast chicken parts, salad (not guy food, especially on a camping trip) and some yogurt to the fridge, and maybe some milk, if you're not bringing any. I will bring a stash of a few other snack goodies with me.

got any chicken feet ;)

Only when I'm looking at a rocky narrow trail on a steep mountainside :scratch_one-s_head:

Wow, it's almost 7:30 on the night before we are supposed to leave and I haven't seen anything concrete about our plans for the morning. :scratch_one-s_head:

just got the van packed and bike loaded I thought the plan was 6-630am to load up at mimi's I am planning to be there around 6:14am ?? :huh::huh::blink::blink:

just got the van packed and bike loaded I thought the plan was 6-630am to load up at mimi's I am planning to be there around 6:14am ?? :huh::huh::blink::blink:

Have to work. :( Have fun all! and looking forward to the write-up with lots of pics. :P

Port

Wow, it's almost 7:30 on the night before we are supposed to leave and I haven't seen anything concrete about our plans for the morning. :blink:

Mimi,

I do believe that everyone is going to your house to leave their car-truck, load into the toy hauler, climb into Doug’s truck and go. Is that concrete enough for you? Have a great time guys. :blink:

We're loaded and ready to roll!!!

Going to take a quick shower then off to bed... See everyone at dirtdame's around 7am!!!

Hope you guys have your mudder tires on....... you are going to need them.

Kernville

Have fun!

Spyder

post-65-1216146837_thumb.jpg