Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Easter trailing 04/04/21

Recommended Posts

I wanted a lower, more cushy bike, and the magic start button for some of the more difficult singletrack trails, so I picked up a not so lightly used Beta Xtrainer.  Had some fun with it, and like that my feet can reach the ground better.  When the bike is too tall, my body reaches the ground first instead of my feet sometimes.😜

McCain was surprisingly uncrowded on Easter.  Weather was pretty warm, so maybe that had something to do with it.  As the temps go up out there, less people are enthusiastic about making that their riding destination.

IMG_0237.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
IMG_0236.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

51096030350_45ee14819c_o.jpg?width=1920&
IMG_0231.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
51089556755_4c336c5b7b_o.jpg?width=1920&

IMG_0234.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice! Congrats on the Beta. 
you must know McCain like the back of your own hand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zubb said:

Nice! Congrats on the Beta. 
you must know McCain like the back of your own hand. 

Thanks.  Yes, I have been riding there for almost 35 years.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not too familiar with the OHV sticker system...does the Beta X-trainer need a sticker to ride McCain? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've ridden 2 different X-Trainers , one is a too much conversion but still very good , the better one is a fairly stock one but with a Fresco pipe, some jetting and a standard suspension rework. I have stated that 90% of trail riders would ride better and more comfortably on one of these machines as opposed to the standard based on race bike machine.

`

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SoCalMule said:

I'm not too familiar with the OHV sticker system...does the Beta X-trainer need a sticker to ride McCain? 

Yes it needs a sticker will be a red sticker for that bike, if officers show up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, robertaccio said:

I've ridden 2 different X-Trainers , one is a too much conversion but still very good , the better one is a fairly stock one but with a Fresco pipe, some jetting and a standard suspension rework. I have stated that 90% of trail riders would ride better and more comfortably on one of these machines as opposed to the standard based on race bike machine.

`

This one is running a RR pipe and an adjustable shock link.  Other than that, it's pretty much stock.  it could use some suspension work though.  Plush in most stuff, but a bit bouncy in rockier stuff.  Shock not as noticeable as the forks.  I already read up on what the problem is with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dirt dame said:

This one is running a RR pipe and an adjustable shock link.  Other than that, it's pretty much stock.  it could use some suspension work though.  Plush in most stuff, but a bit bouncy in rockier stuff.  Shock not as noticeable as the forks.  I already read up on what the problem is with them.

Tim D is the guru of good set up tips (and suspension resources) for the X-Trainer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, robertaccio said:

Tim D is the guru of good set up tips (and suspension resources) for the X-Trainer. 

I had a ride on his old Xtrainer.  I didn't mesh with that particular one.  It was an older model though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, dirt dame said:

I had a ride on his old Xtrainer.  I didn't mesh with that particular one.  It was an older model though.

his ergo set up is nutty on all his bikes, to each their own for comfort ergos. He had the stock set up suspension dialed in from I think Stillwell in Az. The other X-Trainer I have ridden was a little silly it had full 300 RR suspension added onto it. To me the owner should just have had bought a 300RR at that point, but it still had that trials sort of power delivery

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, robertaccio said:

his ergo set up is nutty on all his bikes, to each their own for comfort ergos.

 

Speaking  of.....Tim was out today on his 200, with a small group of riders.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×