Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

CORRAL CANYON 06/04/08

I don't remember who originally posted for this ride. Was it Bikeslut or Hondapilot? I don't know. I know who showed up at 8:30 this morning at the entry point to the SDAR sponsored stretch of Kernan. There was Hondapilot, Mikeyb, Roostingu and myself.

The morning started out fair and breezy with a certain amount of haze hanging in the air, as we started our way up Kernan towards Four Corners. From there, we hit some interior trails and rock slabs before taking the campground connector to Corral Canyon campground. The it was up Spur Meadow trail to the fire road and down Espinoza. Not the light technical treat of old, we still managed to have a blast jumping the water bars all the way down. Then it was a brisk pace across the back country on Sky Valley before we turned north on Wrangler. We took a break on a rock slab overlooking Lake Morena, while we stretched and had a snack. We were reminded of our missing friend Bikeslut, when a Sheriffs helicopter circled in right on top of us and we waved at one another. :huh:

Next it was off to tackle our little rock incline that bested practically everybody in our group a few weeks ago. We tackled it, no sweat. Granted, I had a bike that was geared lower, so that made the difference for me. Then we headed down East Bronco Peak to the fire road, took another single track and because I was low on fuel, we headed back down to the truck where the guys helped me load up. They then continued on up the other rocky portion of Kernan on their way to Pine Valley. I waited a bit, then leisurely started over on the pavement. We met up right at the cul de sac, so my timing was perfect.

Next up was a gourmet lunch at Frosty Burger. I actually had a burger there. It was okay, but I think I will stick to the soft freeze from now on. :lol:

So, it was another mellow kicked back ride, no major getoffs or breakages, with good riding buddies.

And now some pix brought to you by Roostingu:

The staging area

CIMG2779.jpg

CIMG2781.jpg

CIMG2782.jpg

Out on the trail

CIMG2785.jpg

CIMG2786.jpg

Out on the rock slab

CIMG2789.jpg

CIMG2787.jpg

CIMG2788.jpg

CaptainMorgan2.jpg

Got a little Captain in you?!?

um... no

reminds me... I had to fire a guy one time... he asked an employee if she was Irish (as he was)... she said "no"... he said, are you sure you don't have a little bit of Irish in you?... she said "no" ... he said...

I won't give the punch line, in respect to the original poster... hi-jack off

Dirtdame,Hondapilot,MikeyB : Another great ride and getting ready for the next, today was a good mix for me, some technical,some fast stuff, a few obstacles, good company. Todays ride affirmed a few bike setup changes I was considering and with the exception of a wounded now dead turnsignal no bike damage. Good Stuff

Here is a 8min video I uploaded , Jon if I have time I will find something on here that makes you look good, :huh: I know there is quite a bit, but I gotta quit for now.

Got a little Captain in you?!?

Thanks for the laugh......I looked at that picture and "The Captain" immediately came to mind......then scanned further down in the post and saw "The Captain" himself :huh::lol:;)

Looks like a fun ride was had by all.....

Sorry Bob, but it's not my advertising campaign. I just posted the photo.

Mimi, thanks for leading a great little loop. It was good fun.

Jeff I'd love to see that powerbraking slide I did around that dusty downhill or some of the numerous jumps of the day.

Nice vid, what were you doing with the headlight there?

Sorry Bob, but it's not my advertising campaign. I just posted the photo.

Mimi, thanks for leading a great little loop. It was good fun.

Jeff I'd love to see that powerbraking slide I did around that dusty downhill or some of the numerous jumps of the day.

Nice vid, what were you doing with the headlight there?

relieving some electical load (shut off headlight) in case my new fan wanted to run :huh:

I am looking a the clips I seem to have lost some of it but not sure what I've got will post

some more.

relieving some electical load (shut off headlight) in case my new fan wanted to run :huh:

I am looking a the clips I seem to have lost some of it but not sure what I've got will post

some more.

Good purchase on the fan!!! Especially in the mountains in the summer around here.

If your '08 is set up the same way as the '07's and you haven't done anything to the electrical side, unplugging the headlight won't help since it runs off of A/C, not D/C like the fan and charging system. If your lights only come on with the motor running, then they're on A/C. Lots of KTM riders do what is called "floating the ground" and install a bigger regulator/rectifier, that's converting the electrical system (lights and everything except the ignition circuit) to D/C. It gives you more power to run the fan, charge the battery in very slow stuff, even run heated grips or a heated vest. Do a search for "floating the ground" on KTMTalk and you'll see all sorts of threads.

I thought part of the requirements of being dualsport, is that the headlight had to run for a certain amount of time without the engine on.

I thought part of the requirements of being dualsport, is that the headlight had to run for a certain amount of time without the engine on.

Yes, but it doesn't on my Husky. So how did that pass? :D

Shhh... :D Don't tell anyone...

I've been complaining about that since I bought my 450... Most states have a 15 minute/no engine requirement. Before I rewired it, I was always worried about stalling out or something and having no lights. One of the quirks with the race-bike-converted-to-dualsport bikes coming out, but one easily fixed with a $50 regulator and about an hour of your time if you really care to do so.

I have added a couple of video's to my previous post.

MikeyB I don't know how to get the gps file on here I need some help maybe I send it to crawdaddy and will help out? :D

It was a fun ride. Thanks for showing me some new trails.

MikeyB I don't know how to get the gps file on here

The "File Attachments" box on the post editing page is working fine for me as long as the file has a .txt extension.

It was a fun ride. Thanks for showing me some new trails.

There are more where those came from. We can do some others any time you want. I'll make sure that I have a full tank of gas next time.

I have added a couple of video's to my previous post.

MikeyB I don't know how to get the gps file on here I need some help maybe I send it to crawdaddy and will help out? :D

Cleaned up and attached the track/loop......and added a Waypoint for Frosty Burger :D:D

Corral_Canyon_Jeff.txt

Thanks for posting! I always enjoy Corral Canyon! It's a great place to ride, camp and enjoy nature. During my last camping ride, we saw some small deer around.

Martin

Thanks for posting! I always enjoy Corral Canyon! It's a great place to ride, camp and enjoy nature. During my last camping ride, we saw some small deer around.

Martin

Haven't seen any deer there lately, although I have in the past, along with coyotes, foxes and bobcats. I saw a deer at the top of Nate Harrison Grade last weekend.