Sign in to follow this  
350thumper

Dual Sport Nite Ride

This Saturday nite, gonna be out in the Dez sand washes . It anybody likes riding desert washes at night, this is a good route. 

Screenshot_20200915-090106.thumb.png.56324938ed71520cbfd781f80920b9b0.png

The meet up point would be the little cafe next to the Ocotillo Chevron gas station where staging is available. Ksu 6:45pm.

Screenshot_20200915-085858.thumb.png.c3dd8b9d96050c4d3c52d8bd2826a67b.png

Here's what it looks like, if you've never been.

Expecting temps 80's. If interested, dress cool.

If I can borrow some of the lumens emitted  by your powerful rotella lubed headlight I’m a definite maybe

8 hours ago, kato said:

If I can borrow some of the lumens emitted  by your powerful rotella lubed headlight I’m a definite maybe

Hey bro, no problem I got extra rotella lumins you could have some all night long. So long as I don't bust a huge wheelie while your riding across the wash.

4 hours ago, SpaceCowboy said:

If I can get my headlight working I'm in. So... another definite maybe

Spacer, I got a pocket tester I could diagnose the lighting curcuit for you.  

11 hours ago, 350thumper said:

I got extra rotella lumins you could have some all night long. So long as I don't bust a huge wheelie while your riding across the wash.

Light up an owl, bat, some overhead night life

On 9/15/2020 at 6:50 PM, 350thumper said:

Spacer, I got a pocket tester I could diagnose the lighting curcuit for you.  

Much appreciated. The problem is my bulb busted a while ago and instead of replace it, I tossed it. Now I want something more and of course Baja Designs is a month out. Going to hit up some local shops to try and find a bulb that'll excrete enough juice for a desert evening.

Hey Spaced, hit up Motoworld .  Use your sdar discount .  I could order one for you. Also harbor freight lights won the desert light shoot out a few years back , you may want to stop by HF.they we're also the cheapest.

On 9/16/2020 at 6:33 AM, kato said:

Light up an owl, bat, some overhead night life

You wanna see somptin get lit up? Come try this jar 90 octane fuel my client gave me,  said I could run my motorcycle on it or other.

5 hours ago, Ptkatoomer said:

does the bike need to be plated?

Plate not really nessesary (this run). I'm using factory low beam.

Running off highway trail and sand wash canyons..

Easy flowing sand roads perfect for carving and getting back your Dez legs..  It's an off road community - Mello nite pace.

Bring double amount of water plz . Some type of headlight is nice.also.

103 ain’t bad if you have enough rotella... 

Apparently my bike has a special headlight bulb and the moto stores keep telling me it doesn’t matter how much octane I use, their bulbs won’t fit my hole. 

Going to try and borrow a headlight from another bike. I’ll know tonight whether or not I can make it work. 

6 hours ago, Ptkatoomer said:

Hmmmm, looks like it's going to be about 103 at 6pm tomorrow .....

Sorry Paul , if it too warm for your (revised), don't want your (revised) getting too sweaty . 

7:00 start is fine also. Realistically expecting it to be around 90 at 7pm (that's why doing at nite) . Temp drops 5 degrees every hour after the sun sets in the Dez during summer time.

Cold ones in the cooler in case of emergency.

5 hours ago, SpaceCowboy said:

103 ain’t bad if you have enough rotella... 

Atta boy..

21 hours ago, kato said:

Bring some of that octane sat night 

You know it. 

• Sad 1

Working tomorrow so for me 7 is def betta or even a bit later.
decided to octane tonight so gotta packup after work tomorrow instead then hit tha road, I’m in ob..

Graet job making a headlight. It's 8 and the temps feal around.  85. ... 72 if your moving. 

4 hours ago, 350thumper said:

Sorry Paul , if it too warm for your (revised), don't want your (revised) getting too sweaty . 

Hmmmm, think I've been called out. 

Ok, I'm gonna try and make it .

It's 8:50 and this place is barely priming.

Screenshot_20200918-202516_6191.thumb.png.9add8f842cbe440a8e0135bfcf2a1630.png

Here's the alteranative at pine valley or any mountain route below.

IMG_20200918_193212517.thumb.jpg.ffdbd15eb128aeee96e890dd3ec378f9.jpg

IMG_20200918_193242000.thumb.jpg.345ff40f7f973f8350d95bf17dc563fe.jpg

You wanna face this ? 

Or wide open desert under the stars?

Hmmmn..... DeZErt.

On a open note. There's been a dark colored BMW adv bike prowling around on dirt roads that go to no where, hanging out , up in Descanso and the locals notice and don't like it.The fire season is no time to be caught on fire roads that lead to no where . Especially the dirt roads that cars don't normally travel on. It's fire season, let's be responsible , people are losing their homes on the mountain ,and thier lives, fighting fire ... The mountain valley people don't need someone hanging out on thier bmw adv bike on roads that are rarely in use for cars. There's a watch out. Don't be caught being dumb.  Stay on the paved roads for another 3 weeks if ADV up on the mountain.  If you wanna cut it loose , .... Go to the desert . No fire conditions at duh DeZErt.

Nice cross threading job, bub Hanna.

Otay at night sounds super sketch with all the activity out there by the border.

I ain't gonna be riding mountain till the fire issues subside (at least 3 weeks). Great topic though, thanks for sharing.

1 hour ago, kato said:

Is it 8pm then?

8pm works great I will coffee up .

23 minutes ago, 350thumper said:

See you guys then. I'm in an old white van dragging an even older multicolored bike

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 350thumper said:

Nice cross threading job, bub Hanna.

Otay at night sounds super sketch with all the activity out there by the border.

I ain't gonna be riding mountain till the fire issues subside (at least 3 weeks). Great topic though, thanks for sharing.

No disrespect meant to the OP...was just a general question.     I'm not looking to do anything off the main truck trail.   I've been up there the last weekend and two weekends before that in the am  before it gets hot.    There are people up there.  Jeeps, bikes, mtn bikes, hikers.

34 minutes ago, Bub_Hannah said:

No disrespect meant to the OP...was just a general question.     I'm not looking to do anything off the main truck trail.   I've been up there the last weekend and two weekends before that in the am  before it gets hot.    There are people up there.  Jeeps, bikes, mtn bikes, hikers.

none taken . im glad your getting out and exploring . avoiding the heat is a great idea.  be careful up there with the trucks coming the opposite direction on weekends. 

i hope you put a ride together in that area sometime after it cools down so i could join.

1 hour ago, kato said:

See you guys then. I'm in an old white van dragging an even older multicolored bike

cool, havent ridden all week. c u at the spot.

16 hours ago, SpaceCowboy said:

7,730,8 all work for me 

8 oclock.. see you there.