Ride-Orange

Metal Twister has left the building

Many of you knew Bob Engel. His daughter called me last night to tell me he had passed away in mid July. 
Bob could do things with metal that would simply blow your mind!  He turned my 74 Bronco into an artwork.  
USAF veteran, founder of SoCal Ultimate 4x4, super custom car builder supreme!
Godspeed Bob

Rachelle is planning a memorial desert get together in November. She also has Bob’s VW Thing and a custom flatbed trailer (Bob built) for sale.  Let me know if you are interested in more details...

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Ride-Orange said:

Many of you knew Bob Engel. His daughter called me last night to tell me he had passed away in mid July. 
Bob could do things with metal that would simply blow your mind!  He turned my 74 Bronco into an artwork.  
USAF veteran, founder of SoCal Ultimate 4x4, super custom car builder supreme!
Godspeed Bob

Rachelle is planning a memorial desert get together in November. She also has Bob’s VW Thing and a custom flatbed trailer (Bob built) for sale.  Let me know if you are interested in more details...

Oh, sad to hear about this.  He helped my son and I by building some seat mounts in Aaron’s VW.  I always liked talking with Bob, he always had a story.  

Thanks for letting us know Rob.

Sorry to hear  this.  I know Metal Twister was one of the early/founding members of the group, and  the first big group ride  I went on was where I met him when I first joined the forum.  Rest in peace, Bob.

Sorry to hear this as well. I did not know him that well, but did do trail maintenance with him at Coral Canyon. I also went to his shop a couple times and checked out his fabrication and discussed off road trailers. He was very committed to off road and was a very talented fabricator.  RIP MetalTwister!

Thanks for the post Uh ....  Rob ?  Ya, been a long time

A hundred memories flashed through my head when i saw this and this one I have to share.

On a  SCUFF RUN down in desert we all stopped for some cool refreshing beverages and let the dogs out. Heading out of the canyon and down San Felipe wash everyone kept tailgating me and taking pictures. So naturally I assumed they were just admiring my rear end with mega lift. But then they all passed me and they were all laughing and holding up there camera. 

After most of them went by It just didn't add up that they all wanted a picture of my rear end, so somethings gotta be wrong here.

Pulling over and doing a walk around, Bob tied his dogs chit bag to the back off my jeep and I unknowing was transporting his dogie waste out of the desert for him.

But that's just what friends are for..... Lov/ya Bob

SCUFF.jpg

Scuff Stock runn 3-21-09 049 - Copy.JPG

Scuff Stock runn 3-21-09 058a - Copy.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Godspeed Bob, Metal Twister...I remember him well from the early SDAR days.

Sorry to hear he's gone...RIP and condolences to family and friends. 

Thanks to Kaw'ee for posting, and this photo of Bob and his daughter, Rachelle.

I received the email below from Rachelle regarding a celebration of life event that she is hosting for Bob.  It's happening at the Superstition Dip, date and time below.

SCUFF.jpg

Hi Everyone!

Sorry for the delay in getting these out, life’s been really crazy lately! Please see the link to where we will be at! We are expecting 20-40 people to show up! 

CELEBRATION OF LIFE FOR BOB ENGEL JR. 

Enjoy the ride in honor of Bob!

Day: 11-21-2020

Time: 10am

Where: see below (instructions from Granite Hills area) / link on map

Food: drinks, snacks, sub sandwiches and desserts will be provided 

What to bring: chairs, byob (Coors, water, Dr Pepper  provided) 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/gCzSVhHhQHH9ZtnZA

Thanks!

Rachelle Engel

619-322-9954

Rachelle_Engel@yahoo.com

• Like 2