Hellow, my name is Richard Rowell (Baja Dick) and I was directed to this forum by Crawdaddy (Chris Crawford). I love to ride the Baja and am lookning for guys (and gals) who like to go South of the border. I know my way around down there and would love to hook up with other guys whno want to experience the Baja before they take it away from us.

About my riding skills: I have slowed down a little over the years as I no longer have anything to prove and I really like being able to see some of the places that used to just fly by in a blur. When asked if I can keep up; I simply respond, "the fast call me slow and the slow call me fast". That just about covers it all I think. I recently trashed my old 1985 Honda XR and bought a 2002 Honda XR400 Dual Sport but I have not had the opportunity to take it on a Baja run and am just itching to do that like soon.

Almost all of my riding buddies have moved on, left the state, changed hobbies or just cannot get a "kitchen pass" to ride the Baja. I hope to hear back from you and others in your group as I really would like to find guys interested in a Baja adventure. I guarantee I can provide the adventure for those who want to go down below Tecate because I know the way to the tip and then some. Even a weekend run to Mike's Sky Rancho is a lot of fun. Then there are hot springs (a couple of different ones), the pine forests, an Observatory, the "Mountains of the Giants", The "Boojum Forest", sleepy fishing villages on white sandy beaches, the Vizciano desert (wasteland), Scammon’s Lagoon and the Humpback Whales, the oldest church from the tip to the Canadian border, seafood to die for, margaritas that will knock your socks off and much, much more.

You can contact me at my work (rrowell@curtisswright.com or 661-705-3923) or at home (richard.rowell@sbcglobal.net or 805-584-1714). Hope to hear from you and friends.

Hellow, my name is Richard Rowell (Baja Dick) and I was directed to this forum by Crawdaddy (Chris Crawford). I love to ride the Baja and am lookning for guys (and gals) who like to go South of the border. I know my way around down there and would love to hook up with other guys whno want to experience the Baja before they take it away from us.

About my riding skills: I have slowed down a little over the years as I no longer have anything to prove and I really like being able to see some of the places that used to just fly by in a blur. When asked if I can keep up; I simply respond, "the fast call me slow and the slow call me fast". That just about covers it all I think. I recently trashed my old 1985 Honda XR and bought a 2002 Honda XR400 Dual Sport but I have not had the opportunity to take it on a Baja run and am just itching to do that like soon.

Almost all of my riding buddies have moved on, left the state, changed hobbies or just cannot get a "kitchen pass" to ride the Baja. I hope to hear back from you and others in your group as I really would like to find guys interested in a Baja adventure. I guarantee I can provide the adventure for those who want to go down below Tecate because I know the way to the tip and then some. Even a weekend run to Mike's Sky Rancho is a lot of fun. Then there are hot springs (a couple of different ones), the pine forests, an Observatory, the "Mountains of the Giants", The "Boojum Forest", sleepy fishing villages on white sandy beaches, the Vizciano desert (wasteland), Scammon’s Lagoon and the Humpback Whales, the oldest church from the tip to the Canadian border, seafood to die for, margaritas that will knock your socks off and much, much more.

You can contact me at my work (rrowell@curtisswright.com or 661-705-3923) or at home (richard.rowell@sbcglobal.net or 805-584-1714). Hope to hear from you and friends.

Dude... you are TOTALLY missing the boat here! Let me try this...

Hi; My name is Baja Dick, and I lead tours to Baja for very reasonable rates... blah, blah, blah... I'd definitely take you up on it...

NOW you are offering this FOR FREE!?!?!

unfortunately, my kitchen pass is a little frayed right now, but I am definitely up for a fall weekend!

Welcome to the site!

Hope to hear from you and friends.

You'll find plenty of interested riders in this group (myself included) <_<

Welcome aboard!

That Crawdaddy is touble....watchout! <_<

Welcome!

I just got back from four days in Baja and I am ready for more! Just post some possible dates and I am sure some of us can make it.

Baja Dick-

I am very interested in riding 'the baja'. I was just down there two weeks ago camping with some friends at Gaudalupe Canyon... I would love to take the dirt bikes down there with someone who can lead the way. keep me posted on any upcoming rides.

thanks,

-james

I hope this crowd doesn't use you and abuse you too much, because I'd like to explore some of those places south of the border when I get back into town later this year. Thanks for the offer to the group and I'm sure you'll find plenty of people to ride with here.

You could count me in for a ride. Preferably midweek when the border bandits are doing other things.

Guest crmyers

I would love to go, have been to Mikes and have explored around Ensenada and Tecate, I ride a 450x with goodies attached and it has burned Mexican gas , contact me here or tocrmyers@yahoo.com , Thanks.

hello Johnny Airtime, Whatcha doin in these parts? ThumperTalk gotcha burned out? It's good to have a local celebrity hangin out with us. I'll never forget watching that train jump you did. Craziest Sh I ever saw.

I might be able to do a little coastal action in August. What're temps like down there and what're you riding? What type of terrain will you be covering?

hello Johnny Airtime, Whatcha doin in these parts? ThumperTalk gotcha burned out? It's good to have a local celebrity hangin out with us. I'll never forget watching that train jump you did. Craziest Sh I ever saw.

I might be able to do a little coastal action in August. What're temps like down there and what're you riding? What type of terrain will you be covering?

Not burned out... I've been a member on here for quite some time... just never ventured over to often to read up. And I think you got Roger Wells on your mind.... that's not me. <_<

here ya go;

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthrea...856#post3870856

I ride a CRF450X (X race bike and trusted steed) ... temps will be golden, 70s to 80s with a coastal breeze.

And I think you got Roger Wells on your mind.... that's not me. :wacko:

I ride a CRF450X (X race bike and trusted steed) ... temps will be golden, 70s to 80s with a coastal breeze.

Honest mistake, sorry about that. I see you've been asked before. <_<

Thanks, what is your intended route for the trip? Stop points, leg lenths, etc. I'll let you know about the August trip. I'm on a 650L and will ride anything but dunes on it. I did that once and almost put a bullet in it. :blink:

Jon

And I think you got Roger Wells on your mind.... that's not me. :lol:

Honest mistake, sorry about that. I see you've been asked before. :blink:

Thanks, what is your intended route for the trip? Stop points, leg lenths, etc. I'll let you know about the August trip. I'm on a 650L and will ride anything but dunes on it. I did that once and almost put a bullet in it. :wacko:

Jon

haha... used to have a buddy who rode an L in Superstition dunes... always a good laugh...

It'll be an easy path down the coast, but a large group and with the regime I run... deposit needed... Chase truck/trailer... SAT phones... drivers, sweep riders... etc.etc. Pretty big group. A 3 dayer with one day for rest (for some, as I'll put another 100+ miles in on the bike on 'rest' day) at Don Eddies... a boat reserved for the fishermen in the group.. yada yada. Good times for sure.

... you live in Clairemont? I do too. <_< Off of Hathaway, behind the Mosque. Small world.

I actually enjoy Superstition alot. The dunes are different, can't explain it in my limited vocabulary of sand and dunes, but the Glamis/Gordons dunes are what did me in. I've got a series of about 15 pictures taken over 2 hours and only 200 yards of me digging my bike out of different bowls. something about a 350# bike :shrug:

The way I ride, 100 miles is a day of rest. <_<

A few pics and my big ride are here

I'm off Mt. Etna overlooking Tecolote Canyon. I ride past the Mosque everyday going to the 24hour fitness just over the 805.

What's the total $ for the weekend? How many riders?

And I think you got Roger Wells on your mind.... that's not me. :huh:

Honest mistake, sorry about that. I see you've been asked before. B)

Thanks, what is your intended route for the trip? Stop points, leg lenths, etc. I'll let you know about the August trip. I'm on a 650L and will ride anything but dunes on it. I did that once and almost put a bullet in it. :lol:

Jon

haha... used to have a buddy who rode an L in Superstition dunes... always a good laugh...

It'll be an easy path down the coast, but a large group and with the regime I run... deposit needed... Chase truck/trailer... SAT phones... drivers, sweep riders... etc.etc. Pretty big group. A 3 dayer with one day for rest (for some, as I'll put another 100+ miles in on the bike on 'rest' day) at Don Eddies... a boat reserved for the fishermen in the group.. yada yada. Good times for sure.

... you live in Clairemont? I do too. :lol: Off of Hathaway, behind the Mosque. Small world.

When you said fishing my pole stood up B)

More details please. Senior citizen here with a 450 EXC, so I wanna make sure I'm an accommodating group.

Okay guys.... before we get too far ahead of myselves... :lol:

I don't usually put too much out in the open on a first date. B)

I like to ride with a guy...

Get to know him...

... and then invite him out for the long haul(s).

I'm sure ya know what I mean. I've done the open invite thing and had some total chatastrophys.... I might have opened my big mouth, but it wasn't not an invite... so, let's take it to email and talk more there. Or at least until I get a warm-n-fuzzy feeling about everyone on this site. :huh: (you surely wouldn't know it from my Member # of 14! heehee)

Up to 20 riders expected, and that's my cap

my email is my user name @gmail.com (pretty straight forward).

Now... let me throw out my teaser links to pics;

April - 15+ riders, 625 pics! 1 wife on a quad! ... Coastal ride in Baja to Don Eddies

June - 7+ riders, 548 photos! broken bikes and bruised bones! ... another Coastal ride to Don Eddies

July - 19+ riders, 1 prerun car, 1 bug, 2 quads... and 566 pics! ... where? You know it... Don Eddies!

And lastly... 4 of us (me, my girlfriend - quad, buddy and his girlfriend - 2up), a quick one day jaunt down the coast

JAT, links no workie, but I may have seen the pics already. Was the 1 dayer the coast run with your girlfriend and 2 up on the KX? If not, bring it on!

JAT, links no workie, but I may have see the pics already. Was the 1 dayer the coast run with your girlfriend and 2 up on the KX? If not, bring it on!

You got it !!! I'll fix'em now!

Hey Johnny,

Good to see you over here! The Husky is still going strong.

I tipped over on the Big Bear ride Saturday and a rock pushed the Uptite case guard into the oil filter cover hard enough to punch a hole in it and end my day, but I managed to JB-Weld it enough to get me back to town.

Just received the new cover today and will put it on tomorrow.

Loading it up in the toyhauler and leaving for three weeks of vacation in a couple days :-)

Daryl

Hey Johnny,

Good to see you over here! The Husky is still going strong.

I tipped over on the Big Bear ride Saturday and a rock pushed the Uptite case guard into the oil filter cover hard enough to punch a hole in it and end my day, but I managed to JB-Weld it enough to get me back to town.

Just received the new cover today and will put it on tomorrow.

Loading it up in the toyhauler and leaving for three weeks of vacation in a couple days :-)

Daryl

Nice to hear Daryl that the good 'ol 510 is still humpin' along. As you know, the 6 months I owned it... well, I didn't care too much for it (easy to read my husky bashings on TT) LOL! ... and yes, if you notice... I've been a member here for a loooong time. Near inception actually, like yourself. Just lurked on occasion.

I thought I'd come over and see some new faces, meet some new people... and have some fun with ya'all.

Picture links are all corrected. Damn newbie (me)!!