Sign in to follow this  
bikeslut

Thursday the 8th

So you didn't stop in Moab I guess.

If you want, we can meet at the same place as before. 7AMish. Otherwise, just continue like before into Ramona, when you get to 7th turn right into Packards parking lot.

Welcome back to SoCal

TTYS,

Jon

OK do u think I should install the 3.0 gal tank for this ride? I didn't realize when I ordered this tank I was only gaining .6 over stock but that is probably 25miles? <_<

Your call, there'll be plenty of gas stops available. Ramona, warner springs and anza, probably only need a 30 mile range.......

You going to return your tank for the 4 gal size?

Jon

Jeff; I will be riding a DRZ with the 3.9, and jon rides a BRP with a desert tank... I think your KTM should be ok in the "nimbleness" department compared to those two bikes.

OK do u think I should install the 3.0 gal tank for this ride? I didn't realize when I ordered this tank I was only gaining .6 over stock but that is probably 25miles? <_<

Leave Ramona with a full tank (there's a Circle K with gas next door to Packards), top off in Anza ~60 miles later, top off in Anza again after playing over at Allesandro/Hixon and burning up a gallon or so, and then you'll be fine for the ~60 mile trip back to Ramona.....

I am definitely driving the truck to Ramona...

My sub from one of my bands had a heart-attack in the family, so i will be rehearsing until the wee hours of Thursday morning... So I'll be drinking a cold 180, sitting in heated leather seats, at least until Ramona.

friday night, I will be playing in BOTH bands now, so I need to do this rehearsal...

let's see... motorcycle ride; check

shameless Anheuser-Busch propaganda; check

plug for a garage band; check

my work here is done

Craig- I can pick you up if you'd like, or you can Pyro out

That's a bit out of your way... what time are you leaving your house to go to Ramona? I could try to get there in time to load mine...

Jeff; I will be riding a DRZ with the 3.9, and jon rides a BRP with a desert tank... I think your KTM should be ok in the "nimbleness" department compared to those two bikes.

sand on granite and dot tires I really don't know what to expect I know traction is an issue so maybe weight is a good thing? Should be fun. On the last ride with Hondapilot and Dirtdame we rode quite a bit of hwy between sections and my wheels were so out of balance (rim locks) I suspect, it beat the crap out me and actually had to stand up to see, I have had them balanced so it should be alot better.

So you didn't stop in Moab I guess.

If you want, we can meet at the same place as before. 7AMish. Otherwise, just continue like before into Ramona, when you get to 7th turn right into Packards parking lot.

Welcome back to SoCal

TTYS,

Jon

I didn't see this before now <_< no moab didn't want to ride 5moh alone so I will wait until I can go withsomeone or a group , more fun that way, nothing to prove, always wanted to ride Moab but some of those trails in northern utah look good.

Packards will be good what is that a resteraunt?

Craig- I can pick you up if you'd like, or you can Pyro out

That's a bit out of your way... what time are you leaving your house to go to Ramona? I could try to get there in time to load mine...

leaving my house BY 7

at some point, I'd like a roll call...

bikeslut, hondapilot, jeff <_< , sandiegoland , steveo are "in"

christi and mimi are maybes

crawdaddy... instead of riding the superchicken, ride a dirt bike... and then we'll talk you in to calling in sick :blink:

I hurt my shoulder at the motocross track Saturday <_< , so I better bow out of this one. Keep some gps of Allesandro/Hixon for me?

Keep some gps of Allesandro/Hixon for me?

See post #22 for Tracks

Bikeslut (and Jerry),

Any update on the locked? gate at Santa Ysabel Truck Trail?

Steve

crawdaddy... instead of riding the superchicken, ride a dirt bike... and then we'll talk you in to calling in sick :blink:

Im still here..... unless something very very bad happens, im in.

Well damn, wont be making this ride because I already abused my "sick" day last week. Thanks for the track file. I will have to head up there some other time......

Bikeslut (and Jerry),

Any update on the locked? gate at Santa Ysabel Truck Trail?

Steve

I called the Palomar Ranger District again yesterday just out of curiousity - 760 788-0250

The gate off Pamo Rd. is open.....but the other 2 gates on Santa Isabel TT are locked (one shortly after the split with Black Mtn TT and one over by Black Canyon Bridge) ......this time I was told they're locked because of an unsafe washout on the trail.......huh?!!? :punish: :blink:<_< ........the trail is FINE (for bikes/horses/hikers) and there hasn't been any significant weather recently that would justify closing it.......the other two gates should be open! :angry::unsure:

I'd encourage everyone to call the Ranger District at the number posted above to put a bit of heat on them to open both gates on Santa Isabel TT :ph34r::unsure: .......the concern seems to be that a truck/jeep may roll off the side while traversing the trail.......OK, but there's absolutely no reason to close Santa Isabel TT off to bikes (motorized or not) or horses/hikers due to concerns with large/4 wheel/cages!!!....which is why the horse gate IS open on the Black Canyon side.....

Your alternative route from Packards is to take 7th (Pine) to Haverford/Pamo (right), Pamo to Pile (right)......Pile to Magnolia/Black Canyon (left)......Magnolia/Black Canyon will run you out to the Black Canyon Bridge where you'll hang a left to head over to Mesa Grande (on this particular ride) or go straight if you want to loop around by Sutherland Dam before cutting back out to Hwy 78 (on some future ride)

I hurt my shoulder at the motocross track Saturday <_< , so I better bow out of this one. Keep some gps of Allesandro/Hixon for me?

well take care... If you feel any better Thursday, come down any way... we are a slow and careful lot, and wouldn't expect you'll hurt yourself keeping up...

I am actually nursing a damaged elbow (flare up of an old gardening accident) so will be taking it pretty easy

As of this writing, I'll be in Ramona at 0730. GPS loaded.

My hand is still sore from a Mt bike incident from two weekends ago. I'm still going. C'mon Christy, you'll be ok.

Packards is a basic coffee shop/stop.......they may have some fresh pastries inside if you want to fuel your body in addition to your bike.........the "Amerient" restaurant (yes, American and Oriental foods) shares the same parking lot as Packards but they don't open until 8am on weekdays (7am on weekends) if you want to head up early and grab breakfast (some other time). If you're riding up, you can gas up across the street at the Circle K.

If you're riding up from Poway remember that the Packards you want is the original Packard's which is a small/stand alone building located at 7th and Main, NOT the newer Packard's which is located in a strip mall at 11th and Main.

Packards is a basic coffee shop/stop.......they may have some fresh pastries inside if you want to fuel your body in addition to your bike.........the "Amerient" restaurant (yes, American and Oriental foods) shares the same parking lot as Packards but they don't open until 8am on weekdays (7am on weekends) if you want to head up early and grab breakfast (some other time). If you're riding up, you can gas up across the street at the Circle K.

If you're riding up from Poway remember that the Packards you want is the original Packard's which is a small/stand alone building located at 7th and Main, NOT the newer Packard's which is located in a strip mall at 11th and Main.

Is everyone riding from Packards?

crawdaddy... instead of riding the superchicken, ride a dirt bike... and then we'll talk you in to calling in sick :unsure:

I would like to change my logon as when I originally signed up for this forum I messed up but have no idea how to do so ? :unsure:

Jeff; Yeah we're riding from Packard's

PM KTMRad or Uncle cameron with your request for name change...Although I think you should wait until you've taken a ride with us... sometimes great user names just "happen"

my first ride with this group ended up in a helicopter flight... I'm sure my riding buddies would've come up with some choice names for me that day!

Chris... since you seem to be following this... where would you suggest a bikepuss park his truck?