Sign in to follow this  
bikeslut

Thursday the 8th

anybody available to ride Hixon/allessandro? I don't know the area, and wouldn't mind a guide, or at least somebody to confirm my identity to next of kin :lol:

I'll truck up from Alpine, and can haul 3 adults/bikes comfortable (+myself- I didn't include myself in adults)

or 4 more with bikes in a little less comfort... unless you're a dwarf... like mimi.... :(

If I can get a witness or two, I'll ask (cough cough) for a day off of work...

3 weeks of 70hour work weeks makes me want to go out and ride...

You must be exhausted. I imagine it's hard putting in all those hours AND being on-line here all the time :lol:

Maybe I would be up for a ride. I will see what the new week brings.

You must be exhausted. I imagine it's hard putting in all those hours AND being on-line here all the time :(

Ha-Ha!!! 1000th post for Dirt Dame! :lol:

Bob, Count me in.

I've got a better idea for you than trucking aaaaall the waaaaaaay up there. Let's ride from Ramona to the Hixon trailhead.

Meet in Ramona, ride Black Canyon Rd, Mesa Grande, around Lake Henshaw, Lost Valley Rd, Cooper-Cienega, dirt roads through Anza and end up at the Hixon Trailhead.

Great, fun, scenic ride, maybe 20 miles of paved rd on a 150 mile day. I'll need the release I have jury duty on Friday :P

Jon

Hmmmmm.

I will see what I can do to get the day off!

Allesandro DOWN right?

Hmmmmm.

I will see what I can do to get the day off!

Allesandro DOWN right?

Christi- I would rather crash going up than down, but I'll defer to the experts...I've never ridden that trail..

Jon-you think that sounds better? You've never sat on a drz for 150 miles...its not the miles "there" that bother me...its the miles home...but we can discuss

Mimi- love you- shut your piehole- can't do smilies on blackberry- imagine one here :P

In keeping with my Newby status, I know where Ramona and Black Canyon are, but I don't have a clue where/what Cooper-Cienega and Hixon/Allesandro are. Are these the kind of trails that will tolerate a new (to the dirt) rider? Would I fit in with this group (I don't want to hold everyone back)?

Also, I know when Thursday, May 8 is. And I love to ride on weekdays.

Steve

DR650SE

In keeping with my Newby status, I know where Ramona and Black Canyon are, but I don't have a clue where/what Cooper-Cienega and Hixon/Allesandro are. Are these the kind of trails that will tolerate a new (to the dirt) rider? Would I fit in with this group (I don't want to hold everyone back)?

Also, I know when Thursday, May 8 is. And I love to ride on weekdays.

Steve

DR650SE

The trails might tolerate you, but I don't know if you will tolerate Allesandro in either direction. We had a rider on a KLR650 who does pretty darn good in the tight stuff, but I don't think he would have liked Allesandro and he was counseled to bypass it and wisely did. DR is a little less bulky/heavy than the KLR, but I dunno.....

The trails might tolerate you, but I don't know if you will tolerate Allesandro in either direction. We had a rider on a KLR650 who does pretty darn good in the tight stuff, but I don't think he would have liked Allesandro and he was counseled to bypass it and wisely did. DR is a little less bulky/heavy than the KLR, but I dunno.....

Thanks for the feedback. I'd be willing to bail out at Allesandro if that is logistically feasible. Of course, I still don't know where any of this is.

Steve

OK, I've managed to find Lost Valley Rd, Cooper-Cienega TT, and Anza. Does Hixon/Allesandro go by any other names, such as a Forest Service road designation?

Steve

OK, I've managed to find Lost Valley Rd, Cooper-Cienega TT, and Anza. Does Hixon/Allesandro go by any other names, such as a Forest Service road designation?

Steve

No Hixon and Allesandro are designated green sticker routes. But they both dump out onto Bautista road.

Mimi- If you are available, I think you know this area best... would you mind setting up the specifics?

Meeting time and place, and then either run point, or point me in the right direction once we get there...

Jon- The more i think about it, I would have to be a real wuss, if i avoided some dirt roads on the DRZ, and preferred the air conditioned comfort/gps equipped/i-pod enhanced experience of driving the F150..

So- I'll be taking the truck :P

I can swing by your house and pick you up if you'd like...

Craig- I can pick you up if you'd like, or you can Pyro out

SteveO- Nobody left behind... but i don't know the trail or you, but I understand it is not a walk in the park on bigger bikes. Dame will have alternate routes available, from what i understand. These trails will meet up with the other trails, so we can separate for a while or whatever. If we need to stay together, we'll work something out. Don't stay away cuz you think you can't hang... get out there and ride!

Christi- Look forward to meeting a desert racing legend.

If nothing comes up on the job front, I am in.

I would suggest that people can meet at the El Norte exit park and ride (south east side of freeway) off of the 15 in Escondido at a specific time, maybe 7:30? Or later if need be.

If nothing comes up on the job front, I am in.

I would suggest that people can meet at the El Norte exit park and ride (south east side of freeway) off of the 15 in Escondido at a specific time, maybe 7:30? Or later if need be.

the plan is set... thanks mimi

OK bikepuss, er slut.

Then lets ride from Warner Springs. I'll meet you in Ramona or Santa Ysabel.

Okay, I don't think I can make the ride with you guys. I haz a job now and don't have my schedule set.

Congratulations, Mimi.

Bikeslut, thanks for the encouragement. If this group can figure out where it will be meeting, I'll be there.

I found Bautista Rd. Will we end up in Hemet or Anza? Actually, I don't care.

If we are going to ride Black Canyon, why don't we meet at Sutherland Dam? Just asking.

Steve

I'm all for it SteveO. I'd actually like to meet in Ramona so I can "fuel" up and warm up before hitting the trails.

The ride to Anza by dirt road is too much fun. Gotta do it. The dirt roads are just technical enough to be fun when you want them to but easy enough for a simple ride home at the end of a long day.

You ride a bicycle for hours, certainly your DR-Z is more comfortable than that?

I'm all for it SteveO. I'd actually like to meet in Ramona so I can "fuel" up and warm up before hitting the trails.

The ride to Anza by dirt road is too much fun. Gotta do it. The dirt roads are just technical enough to be fun when you want them to but easy enough for a simple ride home at the end of a long day.

You ride a bicycle for hours, certainly your DR-Z is more comfortable than that?

Here ya go Jon/Steve-O.....created a MapSource file for you that runs from Packards in Ramona over to the Gas Station in Anza ~60 miles later along the path you're suggesting. Then, after topping off the tank in Anza, you'll head over to Allesandro/Hixon via Bautista.....also included an optional/short loop off of Bautista that you'll pass on the way over to Allesandro/Hixon.....combination of single track/fireroad....or, better yet, just do the out and back on the single track.....likewise, you always have the option of going all the way to the bottom of Hixon via Bautista Rd. and then heading up Hixon/down Allesandro if you don't want to go up Allesandro/down Hixon and then hang a u turn......

Track_4_Jon.txt

Crawdaddy,

When MapSource files are labelled with the .gdb extension, I can open and use them. When they are labelled with the .txt extension, I can't open them. Changing the extension to .gdb doesn't solve the problem either. Can you tell me the secret, or post the route as a .gdb file. TIA

Steve

Here ya go Jon/Steve-O.....created a MapSource file for you that runs from Packards in Ramona over to the Gas Station in Anza ~60 miles later along the path you're suggesting. Then, after topping off the tank in Anza, you'll head over to Allesandro/Hixon via Bautista.....also included an optional/short loop off of Bautista that you'll pass on the way over to Allesandro/Hixon.....combination of single track/fireroad....or, better yet, just do the out and back on the single track.....likewise, you always have the option of going all the way to the bottom of Hixon via Bautista Rd. and then heading up Hixon/down Allesandro if you don't want to go up Allesandro/down Hixon and then hang a u turn......

Jon- I will not be goaded in to riding the bike just to prevent namecalling... OK...maybe it will work... but... I need an address in Ramona...never mind 680 Main Street..remember last time I was supposed to meet you, Ozzy and I were an hour late :dance: Jon- do you mind mapping this out? The ride, not how to get to Packard's

Mimi- conrfrackinlations... :drinks: What's the gig

Chris- there is a 24 flu going around next Thursday :D

SteveO- we'll meet in Ramona...

Christi- let us know

my butt hurts already :party: but I WILL NOT allow others to ridicule the fine bikeslut name!

I sell Chevrolets at Security Chevrolet in the fine city of Vista. I'm sure I'll have some week days off, but the schedule is not set yet. And one alternate weekend day. :D