Sign in to follow this  
bikeslut

Thursday the 8th

This ride sounds great, count me in if theres room!

I have absolutely no idea what to expect, its nice.

Soooo........ Ramona then?? Do I just stop in the street and yell really loud for someone, or is there a central meeting place?

Mimi - Congrats on the job, I should really follow suit, but uh... ....I haven't

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I think the steps of allessandro are a blast. A bit over rated. they were a walk in the park, on a properly jetted, (AIR COOLED) XR 650 L :D

Do I just stop in the street and yell really loud for someone, or is there a central meeting place?

The original Packard's is at 7th & Main

Crawdaddy,

Thanks, I got the route. Very nice. I haven't approached Black Canyon from that side before.

Bikeslut: I'll be at Packard's. Any agreement on what time yet?

Steve

I haven't approached Black Canyon from that side before.

Once you ride across Upper Santa Isabel Truck Trail to Black Canyon Bridge you'll never bother with Magnolia/Black Canyon Rd. again......that travese between Pamo and the Bridge is MUCH more fun IMHO.

Suggest you read this thread: http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2498

As I recall, the last time I tried to take the Santa Ysabel TT from Sutherland Dam to Black Mountain TT, there was a locked gate at the junction of Santa Ysabel TT and Black Canyon Rd (or somewhere around there that prevented me from getting to Black Mountain TT). Is that opened now? If not, there is a simple adjustment to our route; it would just save time if we knew in advance.

Steve

Crawdaddy,

I sent my last post before reading your previous one. The thread you suggested is password protected and as a Newby, I don't have it. Do I get the password once I show up in person at a SDAR gathering?

Steve

Just found this article from a link on GE. It's from www.bfro.net

Report # 2228 (Class C)

Submitted on Tuesday, November 05, 1996.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reference to a local newspaper article about tracks found near Bautista Road

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YEAR: 1985

SEASON: Spring

STATE: California

COUNTY: Riverside County

LOCATION DETAILS: County of Riverside, California: Anza California and area to the east of Hemet in the San Jacinto Mtns.

OBSERVED: The local paper (The Press Enterprise), ran an article of foot prints being found in the Anza area, near Bautista Rd. This is a dirt road that leads to or near the indian reservation. There really is nothing out there but scrub, Manzanita, Oaks and pines at the higher elevations. I have hunted that area and hiked around there over the years. Many times I have been out there and knew or had some feeling of another presence. I don't mean like small animals or anything of that sort; just some unexplained feeling that someone or something has been watching me or following me. Then the Press Enterprise came out with this article some years ago, and made me wonder if what it might have been was something a bit more unusual than I had imagined at the time.

I worked with the University of California at Riverside here in Riverside as an archaeologist. In my work I have had a chance to work with a few native american monitors. These individuals come along and help to oversee some of our sites (especially those involving human remains). Through these acquaintances I've learned there have been some beliefs and possible legends of hairy creatures even here in Southern California.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Not sure of the exact year the article ran in the Press Enterprise But I do believe it was around the spring. The soil is soft that time of year, and a foot print of something small like a quail would even be left behind in the hard compact clay, and decomposing granite.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm ok with the Packards at 7th and Main meet. Just be aware that there are two (2) Packards on Main in Ramona. But there it only one (1) at the corner of 7th the other is in a plaza.

Here ya go Jon/Steve-O.....created a MapSource file for you

I don't use Mapsource, I tried a number of different file types but it don't work for what I have.

.gpx might or .kml would be the best for my applications.

As I recall, the last time I tried to take the Santa Ysabel TT from Sutherland Dam to Black Mountain TT, there was a locked gate at the junction of Santa Ysabel TT and Black Canyon Rd (or somewhere around there that prevented me from getting to Black Mountain TT). Is that opened now? If not, there is a simple adjustment to our route; it would just save time if we knew in advance.

I'll check the gate tomorrow, as it was locked two weeks ago. CNF website said it's open, but Black Mt. road is still closed. Will post and let ya all know. Santa Ysabel TT has been graded and drainage culverts were installed. It's a little easier now.

P.S. A new Black Cyn bridge will be built this year by the county, right next to the old one. :drinks:

Congrats on the new job Mimi, from Whatshisname! :D

:D:D:drinks::party: Thanks, Jerry! That's the problem....you don't have some weird or unusual screen name. :dance: Whatzizname would be a good one! :D

packard's at 7:30-

If anybody wants to ride up wildcat canyon road on the way there, PM or call me, and we can ride together... YES JON... ON MY BIKE :D

So- we now have hondapilot, bikeslut, steveo, esefa, as fo shores

and christi, mimi, craig SDL, Ride Orange? as maybes

and crawdaddy, fakename and whatshisname as interested observers...

If anybody wants to ride up wildcat canyon road on the way there, PM or call me, and we can ride together... YES JON... ON MY BIKE :D

That would be funnier if you used this smilie instead :drinks:

That would be funnier if you used this smilie instead :drinks:

not on the SAME bike you silly girl!

Unfortunately, The Daddy has to work next Thursday :D .........but I'll probably ride over to Packard's on the Super Chicken and say hello before I ride into work......

Jon - Attached the track file I created in ".gpx" format - see if that works for you.....

Tracks_4_JonGPX.txt

Unfortunately, The Daddy has to work next Thursday <_< .........but I'll probably ride over to Packard's on the Super Chicken and say hello before I ride into work......

Jon - Attached the track file I created in ".gpx" format - see if that works for you.....

The gpx file works for me. Thanks.

Your gdb files resulted in a "needs a newer version of Mapsource" error even though I have the latest version.

I'd like to go on this ride too.

-Michael

Crawpappy,

I got the gpx file to work for me, except that I'm limited to 500 trackpoints and you were somewhere over 700. It's ok as the only thing I needed was the whereabouts of Hixon and Allesandro. I got those, but what is the little loop on the NE side of Bautista Rd?

I also see you had the track running from Pamo Rd. into Black Canyon. I've ridden this road dozens of times but the last time I was there it was closed, is this road open? (feel free to respond by PM)

Bikeslut, you ride your own bike up wildcat canyon, none of this "ride with me" stuff here please. You'd better get used to doing 150 mile rides if you're going after the plaque in Big Bear and riding the B2R ride with me in Oct.

I've got the Crawdad tracks loaded on the GPS. See you folks on Thursday.

Jon

Your gdb files resulted in a "needs a newer version of Mapsource" error even though I have the latest version.

I'd like to go on this ride too.

-Michael

Sounds like you don't have the latest version.....open your Mapsource program, go to "help", and highlight "about Mapsource"....if you're not showing version 6.13.7 then you're not running the lastest and greatest version......it's no big deal to update.....there's also a pull down from the Help menu that checks for software updates....this latest version is from Feb 08.....downloading updates is free

Crawpappy,

I got the gpx file to work for me, except that I'm limited to 500 trackpoints and you were somewhere over 700. It's ok as the only thing I needed was the whereabouts of Hixon and Allesandro. I got those, but what is the little loop on the NE side of Bautista Rd?

I also see you had the track running from Pamo Rd. into Black Canyon. I've ridden this road dozens of times but the last time I was there it was closed, is this road open? (feel free to respond by PM)

Bikeslut, you ride your own bike up wildcat canyon, none of this "ride with me" stuff here please. You'd better get used to doing 150 mile rides if you're going after the plaque in Big Bear and riding the B2R ride with me in Oct.

I've got the Crawdad tracks loaded on the GPS. See you folks on Thursday.

Jon

Jon - I created/attached another .GPX file with 500 "total" points split between two tracks.......Dude, time to upgrade to a Garmin <_<

The little loop on the north side of Bautista is the single track from the Dualies Charity ride off nf6S16.....stay right and take the single track up then hang a u turn and come back down to Bautista.....or hang a left on the fire road once you reach the top of the single track......or blow it off.....just threw it in because you ride right past it on the way to Allesandro/Hixon.

Read this post (get password from KTMRad if you don't have it): http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2498

Slut - the ride laid out here is ~150+ miles out and back from Ramona......I'd truck it up to Ramona if I were you.....your ass will be screaming if you add on the add'l miles from/to Alpine on the DRZ.....just my $.02

Track_4_JonGPX500.txt

I arrived socal saturday 11am <_< total trip time 49hrs, something like 2650miles :drinks: , need to unpack,need to recover from the non-stop (except for about $650 of gas) ;) trip. but will try to make this ride, I guess the 250 exc is out, :dance3: so the 530 will have to do, got a 3.0 tank for it, will I need this for this ride? I will try to figure out where you are meeting, and ride out or throw it on the bike carriers?