Sign in to follow this  
bikeslut

Thursday the 8th

Jeff; Yeah we're riding from Packard's

PM KTMRad or Uncle cameron with your request for name change...Although I think you should wait until you've taken a ride with us... sometimes great user names just "happen"

my first ride with this group ended up in a helicopter flight... I'm sure my riding buddies would've come up with some choice names for me that day!

Chris... since you seem to be following this... where would you suggest a bikepuss park his truck?

[/quote

I saw that episode must have been frustrating <_<

Chris... since you seem to be following this... where would you suggest a bikepuss park his truck?

Anywhere but the Packards/Amerient parking lot (it's pretty small and they might get bent if you leave a truck there all day).....plenty of surface street options in the area......especially at 7:30 in the morning......it's quite likely that you'll be able to park right on 7th street next to Packards. If not, there is a large parking lot across the street behind the La Cocina Mex restaurant......probably not an issue to park on the outer perimeter of that parking lot close to 7th St....

I'm still planning on riding the Super Chicken over in the morning to say hello to everyone before I head off to work <_< :punish: ......while you folks head off to ride :unsure::unsure: ......unless it's too pissy out like today.....in which case Crawpuss will likely drive his truck over to Packards......a motorcycle was my only form of transportation for a while ~30+ years ago while going to college up in the Oregon rain.....not so these days.....now that I'm old and soft I don't have to ride in cold/pissy weather if I don't want to......now I can choose to ride when the conditions suit me........which is generally between the hours of 10-3pm on warm/sunny days :angry::ph34r:

Bikeslut (and Jerry),

Any update on the locked? gate at Santa Ysabel Truck Trail?

Steve

Called the forestry office and they said Upper Santa Ysabel is locked on both ends (horsey gates open) and road up Black is closed as well. :dance3: I can check it on the DRZ tomorrow after CC riding, and let you know for sure.

Wish I could get off from work, I'd go with you all, sounds like a great ride to areas I'd love to check out.

Have a blast! ^_^

jt

And it is a definite no-go for me on Thursday. I'll be training for sales for the rest of the week right through the whole weekend. I will have some time off the following weekend though.

Cough... Cough...

Did anyone else hear that???

^_^

I am loading GPS with tracks I got somewhere but they are called :

01 Hixon.Allesandro.Thomas.

02 Thomas Mtn to JoAnns

03 JoAnns to Hixon

are these the right tracks for thursday? ^_^

I am loading GPS with tracks I got somewhere but they are called :

01 Hixon.Allesandro.Thomas.

02 Thomas Mtn to JoAnns

03 JoAnns to Hixon

are these the right tracks for thursday? ^_^

No, go to post #22

Cough... Cough...

Did anyone else hear that???

^_^

I did... there seems to be some sort of one day illness going around... you may have caught it...

I did... there seems to be some sort of one day illness going around... you may have caught it...

^_^

Anybody (Crawdaddy?) know if they're still doing construction on (and closing) 78 between Escondido and Ramona? I'm going to Pyro up if 78 is open, but if I have to do down to 76 - I'm trucking...

^_^

Anybody (Crawdaddy?) know if they're still doing construction on (and closing) 78 between Escondido and Ramona? I'm going to Pyro up if 78 is open, but if I have to do down to 76 - I'm trucking...

78 is open but there is a section on the grade that's subject to one way traffic control while they work on the guard rails.......so you may (will) encounter a ~15 minute delay if you head up 78.....and the traffic on 78 east from your place in the morning is a horror show.......I pass it everyday on my way to Carlsbad......dude, I'd wimp out if I were you.....sip on your coffee and listen to some tunes while you pimp up to Ramona in the truck....

A couple of notes about the tracks I posted:

Remember that you'll need to take Pamo to Pile and Pile to Magnolia/Black Canyon (left) if you're forced to take the alternative route over to Black Canyon Bridge.....

I've ridden this whole route but had to "hand draw" the section of track on Bautista Rd. between nf6S16 and Hixon because I didn't have an old track file handy when I created the track for Jon here at my office......so don't get wigged out when the broad brush/straight/generic track isn't following all the curves on Bautista Rd or when you're on the short Allesandro trail.....and be advised that the turn offs for Allesandro and Hixon are easy to miss (especially Allesandro) so pay attention when cruising down Bautista Rd......

I'd advise everyone to take on that short little single track off Bautista/nf6S16 on your way down to Allesandro/Hixon (bear right on the track for an out and back from Bautista - the left side of the short loop is 6S16.....just stuck that in there in case anyone wants to bail out at the top rather than turning around and taking the single track back down to Bautista)......it's a good primer for things to come.......if you struggle on that short single track section don't bother trying to head UP Allesandro.....just ride past Allesandro on Bautista Rd. and head down to the Hixon Trailhead (it's ~4 miles past Allesandro)......then you can ride UP Hixon and DOWN Allesandro......that's the easier direction.....so you folks may wind up splintering into two groups over at Allesandro......which is no big deal.....you can always meet up again down at the Bautista/Allesandro intersection for the journey back to Ramona since either direction (Allesandro/Hixon or Hixon/Allesandro) will lead you down to Bautista Rd........the hardcores will ride UP Allesandro/DOWN Hixon......have a snack/sip of water.......then hang a U-Turn and head back UP Hixon/DOWN Allesandro......

Have fun......while I'm working.....

78 is open but there is a section on the grade that's subject to one way traffic control while they work on the guard rails.......so you may (will) encounter a ~15 minute delay if you head up 78.....and the traffic on 78 east from your place in the morning is a horror show.......I pass it everyday on my way to Carlsbad......dude, I'd wimp out if I were you.....sip on your coffee and listen to some tunes will you pimp up to Ramona in the truck....

Thanks for the info. A few weekends ago, we had planned to drive up to Julian (the wife wanted to take some pictures with her new camera) and we got turned around on 78 a few miles past the Wild Animal Park (closed due to construction). We had to go all the way down to 76 and up that way. What a pain (I guess we should have payed better attention to those road signs)!

Oh, and this cough seems to be getting worse... ^_^

Thanks for the info. A few weekends ago, we had planned to drive up to Julian (the wife wanted to take some pictures with her new camera) and we got turned around on 78 a few miles past the Wild Animal Park (closed due to construction). We had to go all the way down to 76 and up that way. What a pain (I guess we should have payed better attention to those road signs)!

Oh, and this cough seems to be getting worse... ^_^

They've been closing it from 9pm Friday night until 5am Monday morning the past few weekends......then they leave it open Monday-Friday subject to the delays I noted above....

:dance3: Hi-jack in progress:

I may have missed it because I didn't read the whole thread, but are any of you riding this as a pre-run for the OC Dualies ride on the 17th?

I guess I could start a new thread, but it's so much more fun getting lambasted for jumping into the middle of some other thread with a semi-related question ^_^

^_^

We are riding it for the ride...

hi-jacker :dance3:

Cool! y'all have fun now, y'hear :party:

BTW, I'd love to join you but I'll be busy flying to Vegas and climbing into an F-1 race car for 30 laps or so around Vegas Motor Speedway :beach:

Hi-jack off :drinks:

who you calling jack off?

have fun... do you get to turn right, too, or just left? :drinks:

are you driving, or riding bi... er... pillion? :dance3:

at any rate, keep the pedal to the metal (carbon fiber?), and the shiny side up... :party:

to the rest of you... See you tomorrow at 680 Main Street at 0730. ^_^

sandiegoland may have quitely bowed out, so here is my attempt at public humiliation to get him back in... Craig... if, by some bizarre chance, you damage your bike and can't lead your trail ride this weekend, you can scavenge any parts off my bike you need to be rolling by Saturday... or the whole bike... uh... assuming mine still works afterwards :beach:

slut OUT!

Jeff; I will be riding a DRZ with the 3.9, and jon rides a BRP with a desert tank... I think your KTM should be ok in the "nimbleness" department compared to those two bikes.

sand on granite and dot tires I really don't know what to expect I know traction is an issue so maybe weight is a good thing? Should be fun. On the last ride with Hondapilot and Dirtdame we rode quite a bit of hwy between sections and my wheels were so out of balance (rim locks) I suspect, it beat the crap out me and actually had to stand up to see, I have had them balanced so it should be alot better.

we can balance your tires at packard's if you want... wrap some solder on spokes opposite your rim lock... yes yes... I used to ride a KLR

I will see you at Packard's as well, Thursday at 7:30. ^_^

Went over and saw the boys off this morning at Packards.....pretty good turn out for a Thursday......it was hard to head off to work on the Super Chicken knowing these guys were headed off for the dirt....snapped a few photos with my cell phone....

The gang assembled and ready to roll. From left to right: BikeSlut, HondaPilot, N2TM, Mikeyb, Esefa, DigDug, Jeff & SteveO (make that, "ready to roll once The Slutty One finally arrived at 8am after going to the wrong Packards"....was I not clear enough on where to meet? :wacko::lol::D ).

1.jpg

Time to buckle-up and head out

2.jpg

I rode the Super Chicken over to the Haverford turn-off and snapped this final shot of the boys as they headed off down Pamo Rd. on their dirt quest......looking forward to the trip report/action photos.....

3.jpg

Crawdaddy, as I said to you this morning before the ride, now I want to thank you publicly. You have motivated alot of us to go riding by your constant efforts in providing GPS tracks for us to ride on. A good GPS is a fine tool. You help make them fun to use on these rides. You just give us more excuses to use them and ride our machines in this great county of San Diego. This mornings ride was a blast, I rode with and met some terrific guys, the weather was mild and very comfortable, mother nature came through with plenty of flowers and fields for me to view from my Husky....Everyone, keep posting new rides for us to join up on.... Todd

I hope all went well. I saw Bob (Mr. Bikeslut) heading up towards Ramona as I was leaving for work this morning. I like the black plastics youve got now, fancy looking. I would like to go to blue or black but dont want to have to buy a new tank.... Ill have to check tommorow for the ride report.

I hope all went well. I saw Bob (Mr. Bikeslut) heading up towards Ramona as I was leaving for work this morning. I like the black plastics youve got now, fancy looking. I would like to go to blue or black but dont want to have to buy a new tank.... Ill have to check tommorow for the ride report.

fancy... yeah... um... they looked better in the morning than they did that night :wacko:

actually; the bike held up very well, despite my mishap...

Crawdaddy, as I said to you this morning before the ride, now I want to thank you publicly. You have motivated alot of us to go riding by your constant efforts in providing GPS tracks for us to ride on. A good GPS is a fine tool. You help make them fun to use on these rides. You just give us more excuses to use them and ride our machines in this great county of San Diego. This mornings ride was a blast, I rode with and met some terrific guys, the weather was mild and very comfortable, mother nature came through with plenty of flowers and fields for me to view from my Husky....Everyone, keep posting new rides for us to join up on.... Todd

Hey, that ride was Bob/Jon's idea......not mine......I wasn't trying to motivate anyone......I was just trying to live vicariously through you guys with my geeky GPS participation/contribution since I had to go to work yesterday!! :D The Dual Sport hobby has admittedly turned me into a bit of a GPS geek :lol: ........it's fun (for me) to create tracks when out riding and share those tracks......it's especially gratifying when the tracks wind up being utilized by someone who might not have otherwise known about a given area/trail.....it also helps communicate the over all ride game plan in case any one gets "off-track" along the way.......though apparently you guys still wound up going to different gas stations in Anza despite the waypoint I dropped in for a gas stop :wacko: ......heck, Slut wound up at the wrong Packards despite setting a waypoint for the RIGHT Packards and starting the tracks from the RIGHT Packards :D:D