ADV Bum

In need of a Divorce Lawyer/ Lawyer help!

My sister in law is in need of a Divorce Lawyer. Unfortunately my brother has left her and the kids down and out. To many details to go into here. If anyone knows a lawyer that can help please send me their contact info.   Thank you!

Divorce benefits lawyers.

There's a lot of money to be made by supporting and escalating conflict, and most (not all!) lawyers are designed, educated and customized to escalate conflict. There's a lot of anger and retribution-seeking in divorce cases, and lawyers thrive on that. The Divorce Mediation Group is a group of mediators who's goal it is to de-escalate conflict and promote resolution quickly and as amicably as possible.

These are good folks and are an excellent alternative to the lawyer-supporting machine that divorce lawyers represent.

I do understand Paul, but it takes two to mediate.  My brother has some demons and has lost the house.  He has abandoned the wife and kids. She needs to try to get half of the assets that are left before they are gone. Like I said, way to many details to get into here. She is now broke single mom working 6 days a week trying to support 3 kids.  She needs help and I am hoping someone here would know where she could go that would not cost a fortune.  

I can't help, and am genuinely sorry, Mike.  I have a brother who has done exactly the same thing, and it is hard to see the damage done to those that they leave behind.  You are not alone and I applaud your willingness to help your sister-in-law and kids.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ADV Bum said:

I do understand Paul, but it takes two to mediate.  My brother has some demons and has lost the house.  He has abandoned the wife and kids. She needs to try to get half of the assets that are left before they are gone. Like I said, way to many details to get into here. She is now broke single mom working 6 days a week trying to support 3 kids.  She needs help and I am hoping someone here would know where she could go that would not cost a fortune.  

Understood, and I'm sorry for appearing unsympathetic. 

Mediation has all the enforcement power of an attorney, even if only one party is helpful to the process, but costs far less and is often much faster in achieving the goals you've stated.

Whatever she chooses, best of luck, and I'm sorry, Mike.

Mike777 might be able to refer you to someone. Send him a PM.

Mkke...I contacted Yeti....long time SDAR member, he is in law...maybe he knows someone.

Mike:

Just saw this.  

Bruce Beals and Richard Feuerstein are both two very well respected divorce lawyers and are well known by the family court judges.  It helps to have a lawyer that has some credibility just walking into the court room.  Paul is right that the best divorce scenario is deescalation of conflict, but it takes two to deescalate.  Stay away from the firms that advertise.  They are mills and have to take everybody that comes in the door to pay for the advertising.   

https://fmb.law/