Sign in to follow this  
kkug

Costa Mesa Speedway Action

I have been interested in the racing up there a while.  Is it worth riding up there to see?

Its enough that there out there, don't need to see this.

10 hours ago, tntmo said:

I have been interested in the racing up there a while.  Is it worth riding up there to see?

Yes -- I used to go a lot .as the years go on they start adding the side shows. Jason ,Deb and others went a few years back. We had a good laugh. The Speedway racing comes and goes .Some time it is realy exciting racing. It still has a cult following.  Costa Meas used to be the place to go. Big crowds ,a lot of girls in dresses, that was the days before social Media .  We should try a club outing up their sometime . 

• Like 1

I’d be interested in going, especially if we had a few buddies along.  

I remember the days with Bruce Penhall. That was pretty good racing.  I’d like to get a group together. Kug put one on the calendar and let’s go! 

Covered in dirt from sitting in the corners

14 hours ago, kkug said:

Yes -- I used to go a lot .as the years go on they start adding the side shows. Jason ,Deb and others went a few years back. We had a good laugh. The Speedway racing comes and goes .Some time it is realy exciting racing. It still has a cult following.  Costa Meas used to be the place to go. Big crowds ,a lot of girls in dresses, that was the days before social Media .  We should try a club outing up their sometime . 

I used to dig the flat trackers on their Jawa CZ 500cc, 180 lbs. machines with no brakes , throw it sideways in the corners...tried it a few times...trust me, it's much "easier" on the body low siding than high siding! :crying_anim02: