dirt dame

Since it never hurts to ask....

Doesn't walmart usually higher older folks as greeters if thats really how old you are? San Diego PD wants 55+ people for the RSVP program does it pay?

Doooooood! :lol:

:lol: ... You are SO busted

San Diego PD wants 55+ people for the RSVP program does it pay?

The key word in RSVP is “Volunteer” as in retired senior volunteer program. That means no pay. Good program for people who are retired and need something to do. It keeps you active, engaged and you can see interesting things. Police departments, the Sheriff office and Highway Patrol all have programs. While Mimi would be good at it she is not old enough and I think she needs paid employment.

Doesn't walmart usually higher older folks as greeters if thats really how old you are? San Diego PD wants 55+ people for the RSVP program does it pay?

:lol: 37 isn't old enough :lol: I'm still too young and being a soon to be ex Navy Chief I'm not politically correct & still too mean for that kind of public relations job :D

I just hope I'm still as fiesty as these guys when I get their age. :D

I apologize Mimi.... Hijack off

Lets keep an eye out for Mimi !

Seriously, I try not to be an ass. Mimi made it sound like she thought she might be being excluded on some jobs due to age and I was just attempting to be helpful without being insulting. I have no idea how old any of you actually are and only have met a few of you so far so I am certainly not trying to single anyone out. I just finished a 3-4 month long search myself which was nerve wracking since I thought I could snap my fingers and have people throw money at me. (I was wrong I snap my fingers and have to throw money at my wife!)

I don't think there's any need to apologize, that was some funny shite! :D

Mimi; Here is a link to the Department of the Navy's site for Civilians who want a Government job. Easy set up and it gets your resume into the system which then gets looked at when new openings pop up.

https://chart.donhr.navy.mil/index.asp

Seriously, I try not to be an ass. Mimi made it sound like she thought she might be being excluded on some jobs due to age and I was just attempting to be helpful without being insulting. I have no idea how old any of you actually are and only have met a few of you so far so I am certainly not trying to single anyone out. I just finished a 3-4 month long search myself which was nerve wracking since I thought I could snap my fingers and have people throw money at me. (I was wrong I snap my fingers and have to throw money at my wife!)

Jaynen, if you click on a members name it will take you to that persons profile information (if they have bothered to fill it out :D ), that will tell you how old they are. :lol: Ken

Jaynen, if you click on a members name it will take you to that persons profile information (if they have bothered to fill it out :D ), that will tell you how old they are. :lol: Ken

some of us use roman numerals... so keep the wise ass WalMart jokes to yourself...

Hey!! I resemble that remark!!

If I snap my fingers and throw money at your wife... What will I get?

Remember I'm over 55!!

So I'll Just Greeter her... A little!!

I too once went without work of a few months after a company I worked for went under.

No fun that's for sure. Still since there was a bit of an attempt to add some levity. I'll toss in my contribution. Hard for me to think of looking for work without remembering Steve Martin in The Jerk.

Thought he was going to be able to send home more money next week because of a ---- job . . .

The Jerk Audio Clip - possibly NWS

Hope this isn't over the top :D

Good luck in your searching Mimi.

Seriously, I try not to be an ass. Mimi made it sound like she thought she might be being excluded on some jobs due to age and I was just attempting to be helpful without being insulting. I have no idea how old any of you actually are and only have met a few of you so far so I am certainly not trying to single anyone out.

The correct word wouldn't be "excluded". The correct word here would be a couple, as in "discriminated against". Suddenly, I am over the hill. One place I went for an interview (Lowes), the YOUNG woman asked if I had problems working with "younger people" :o . What an odd question.....

Soon, I will start thinking that young people are a bunch of smartasses who don't think that there is any value in hiring old geezers like myself. ;) Buncha whippersnappers.....

mimi- sea world may hire for winter... put my name on the app and they will hire you if anything is available ... go to www.seaworldjobs.com.

I look into it, thanks.

Seriously, I try not to be an ass. Mimi made it sound like she thought she might be being excluded on some jobs due to age and I was just attempting to be helpful without being insulting. I have no idea how old any of you actually are and only have met a few of you so far so I am certainly not trying to single anyone out.

The correct word wouldn't be "excluded". The correct word here would be a couple, as in "discriminated against". Suddenly, I am over the hill. One place I went for an interview (Lowes), the YOUNG woman asked if I had problems working with "younger people" ;) . What an odd question.....

Not that I would do it... but THAT is the kind of question that you bring up to their HR department... ABSOLUTELY an ODD question"

"NO... do your people have a problem working with mature people? What if I am gay? and am a native American Atheist... Do you KNOW what Title VII of the Equal Rights Act of 1964 is about, even though you weren't BORN yet?"

Just thought I'd let you know Fry's is hiring and understaffed in home entertainment.

I might apply for a part time job if I could work a few days of my off time. The discounts could almost double my pay :unsure:

Just thought I'd let you know Fry's is hiring and understaffed in home entertainment.

I might apply for a part time job if I could work a few days of my off time. The discounts could almost double my pay :unsure:

Thanks for the information. I'll check into it. There's a Frys not too far from where I live.

I can't speak for that one. I went to the one between Miramar and Mission Valley. I think it's Kearny Mesa only it's not on the mesa but it's not Mission Valley either. Anywho it's off of Aero Dr, sorta.