Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Timerider 1983 :Hulu - great for work

I have had this movie on my list at blockbuster.com for 6 mo. I guess they don't have this movie any longer. I may check the local store and see if they have it. :) Ken

Saw this movie originally in the theater in San Marcos. :D Great flick. Nuthin like the "I'm my own grandpa" theme goin in it. :)

I didn't watch the whole trailer... how does he re-fill on gasoline?

He never refills - the BRP runs out of fuel and gets destroyed. Pretty corny movie but some great one-liners, clips and scenery. Definitely some good early 80s riding on a non-monoshock "machine". I like the part where the cowboy kicks it without pulling in the clutch. Best hour and 45 that I had at work today.

I didn't watch the whole trailer... how does he re-fill on gasoline?

He never refills - the BRP runs out of fuel and gets destroyed. Pretty corny movie but some great one-liners, clips and scenery. Definitely some good early 80s riding on a non-monoshock "machine". I like the part where the cowboy kicks it without pulling in the clutch. Best hour and 45 that I had at work today.

In my version he retunes it to use kerosene. He makes knobbies out of old wagon wheels wrapped in barb-wire. A group that got lost after dark at the Desert Dash two years ago was guided back to safety by his ghost.

Now how is that for corny? :)

Wonderful way to waste my afternoon. I liked it in all it's cornyness. It's kinda nice to see a Hollywood flick full of dirtbiking. The only other one I remember was "The Dirtbike Kid" and that was one LAME movie.

The "own grandpa" thing kinda freaked me out, I never saw that coming.

I was hoping he would convert the bike to run on alcohol. Just pour a little white lightning in the tank and roost away. :)

In my version he retunes it to use kerosene. He makes knobbies out of old wagon wheels wrapped in barb-wire. A group that got lost after dark at the Desert Dash two years ago was guided back to safety by his ghost.

Now how is that for corny? :)

In your version is his name Pyro?

No, but in my version of the sequal, Pyro turns out to be the great-grandfather... :)

No, but in my version of the sequal, Pyro turns out to be the great-grandfather... :)

And the thing he wore on the chain around his neck was a broken dohicky :D:):D .