Sign in to follow this  
tntmo

My last ride of the year?

Well, time sure passes by quickly when you are getting ready to leave. I'll be heading westward on a slow boat the first week of May and want to get one more ride in before I go, we probably won't be back here until December at the earliest.

I want to join in on the trail maintenance day/ride coming up, but I'm scheduled to be gone for that. Basically that leaves me with some time between Apr 24th - Apr 30th. I'd like to do a ride with a bunch of the people from this site, something fun we could all enjoy. I'm asking for input from the group to help me plan an epic last ride before I depart the pattern. I would just like a good sized group of riders and a good day of riding. Let's see what we come up with.

My initial idea was Otay Truck Trail, border road around Tecate, maybe jump into McCain??

Well, it looks like I'm down to about ten days before I head out. I have so much to do but I absolutely have to get a ride in before I'm gone. I want to go somewhere with my favorite riding partner, my son.

gs500143.jpg

I've got a feeling that he's going to be "sick" on Monday the 28th of April, and won't be able to make it to school. I also have a feeling that he will need some riding at Corral Canyon with his father to help heal him.

Anyone else that is "sick" on Monday can join us at Four Corners, probably around 0730. We'll ride as many trails as the young man can take. It's bound to be a good time with this kid!

gs500145.jpg

I’d love to be out there with you for your last ride before the deep blue. Unfortunately I made prior commitments. Looks like you already will have the best riding partner you could ever want. Have fun and I’m sure your son will get better by Tuesday; you know how those spring colds are. :D

Chief, thanks for giving up your time with your family so I can stay safe with my family here at home. God bless you and stay safe. :lol:

Roger

If there is a food stop I'm in... can't do this weekend though...

I'm pretty sure we'll stop for ice cream or fried goods in Pine Valley before we make the long journey westward. It's good for the healing process.

It's bound to be a good time with this kid!

gs500145.jpg

I may show up just to see Aaron do one of those downhill stoppies (Bubba styale) in person :D He didn't endo like Bubba did at the SX two years ago, did he? Also, I can't see sending you into harms way without joining you for at least a couple of hours Chief :D I'll see if I can get the boss to give me a the morning off :lol:

Tom- I'd love to say "see you soon", but have a vet appointment at 10... for my DOG...

Have a nice cruise, and we'll ride when you get back- I don't know what you're doing Sunday, but I was planning on taking the boys out... either Corral in the early a.m., or the Dip fairly early...

PM me if you want to join in, and we'll firm up plans

unfortunately tntmo I was out on the mountainbike today and hurt my hand and wrist. I won't be able to make it out to join you on your last hoorah ride.

I hope it's a great ride nonetheless. Take care out there and I hope we can meet again when you get back.

Jon