Sign in to follow this  
Bagstr

Attack of Hapaha Flats - Monday or Tuesday

Ride Cancelled -  SAVED For another day.   See new post starting at Kendall's

And we thought the Desert Season was finished!  Ha,  73f expected Monday and 78 Tuesday before highs return later in the week. 

Coordinating with another co-conspirator as to which day.  Parking at So. Carrizo Wash, then heading north to the Diablo Drop and Fish Creek. From Fish NW to Hapaha Flats past Harper Canyon and up Pinyon Canyon finishing at the foot of Pinyon Drop. Return via same route with possible side canyon exploration. Details over the weekend. 

:o

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=32.95464652163357&lon=-116.18853092193604&site=sgx&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text#.WQyxR7wrLVo

NOOA Forecast 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1O97PRC8NLxa_RlbA0OK2Lyylpoo&usp=sharing            Google map   Look at So. Carrizo Parking.

I heard it might be windy.

Calling for snow I heard. Just kidding! it reached 106 in the shade today, I was out riding and my drz was squealing.

I think Monday might be still turbulent with Highwinds

Tuesday into Wednesday is the best ....

now for the start time, how about 9 o'clock at trailhead for us sleepyheads?

Uber early is not going to be an issue because it's not gonna be that hot.

Highway 8 backtrack to S2? Turn off at mile marker what?

If you do Tuesday I will probably be in.

The First Post has been edited with a Google Map.   I have not given up on Monday as another 73f day in the desert would be grand!  Will decide Sunday Morning on Monday vs Tuesday.   0900 meet up is fine if that helps.  If I end up riding alone on Monday, the start will move to Kendall's and a north loop. 

Bagstr

I will keep checking the post for day and times. cold here tonight so the weather was right for once.

It was low 80"s in Glamis today.

This may be our last cool off in the des for the spring.

Enjoy, we did..

Bagstr is going for calm wind and 74-78F Monday.  By Wednesday / Thursday the Dez will be warm.  This afternoon, I will check in to see who is on board for the South Carrizo location.  If it looks like a solo ride, the start will be moved to Borrego Springs. 

Too Good Ride Instigator 

I did that route the other way a couple of weeks ago. Late Friday afternoon start, took Tapiado instead Vallecito by mistake. It turned into a nice desert nite ride, didn't get back to the truck at Pinyon till 10 PM. 

Hey bagstr, I can't make the ride tomorrow I hope you have a good ride !

6:00pm Update;:  The ride from South Carrizo Wash north to Fish Creek is Cancelled.  Will find another day for that with a group.   Sorry to post up so late as I was working on a French Drain all afternoon.

I will Start up at Kendall"s Parking lot 0900 Monday.

Bags