Dhillr

Big Bike Ride Sunday 09 OCT - San Diego Area??

Looking for some other big bike riders in the San Diego area.  

Anyone planning a ride? 

I'm on a GSA.  Very capable in the dirt but HATE sand.  

Keep checking back. I'm on a medium DR650 - once it gets finished. Too many things have jumped in front of it on the "to do" list or I'd be on this with you.

Will be flying home from Geneva Saturday arriving late.  Would love to get out, but I'll probably be a bit too knackered to make it out for a ride.  But looking forward to getting out and exercising the big bike.

I'm 50/50.  Hope to be able to join you and should be able to commit by end of day today.  I'm dying to get the 1150GS dirty. 

Dhillr -

I'm up for a Sunday ride on my Super Tenere. I don't claim any serious dirt skills on that big girl but should be able to hang with your GSA. I guess we'll see. Let me know if when and where.

Bob S.

I'm in.  Post time and place approximate length of ride please.

I'll hopefully have the DR up and running today, but if not, I'll do the "road to the dirt" on the Road Kouch.

Hey Dhillr, post up brother.  Let us know time and place.  

3 hours ago, unhuskyman said:

Why not ride the Tiger?

I went back to the DR, a simple thing, like me.

The Tiger now makes it's home in Denver, with a young hard charging rider.....where it belongs.

Hi all.  I'm was hoping to tag along on someone else's ride this weekend.   I only know a couple routes (Otay & Cuyamaca) & was hoping to learn some new stuff.  

Anyway, I'm at this kinda late & have no plan so I'll just plan to wait until next weekend.  

Really looking forward to getting out and meeting some other local riders!!  

You all ride safe and hopefully we'll meet up soon!

No worries.  I'm committed though, have cleared the decks so I'm going.  Since I don't know ANY dirt yet in Socal, I'll plan a road route for half a day.  Anyone who feels like riding please pile on.  My road pace is what I'd call intermediate, I don't need speed in the straights but like to run the corners at 1/4" from the edge of the tire.  Dirt?? I'm a noob.

Place - La Mesa, Johnny B's start.  I'll be there about 7:45 ish.

KSU- 8am launch with plans to return by noon.

Riding 1150 GS with Metzler Tourance tires.

Route- I'll go 94 to Campo, may explore further east searching for dirt.  If the pavement calls, will turn north up SR1(?) to Julien area, maybe Borrego Springs if time allows.  All depends on allotted time, and if someone joins me.... what they want to do.

Zubb, if you happen to come by Major's in Pine Valley around 9:30 am I'll be finishing up breakfast. I can ride with you. I'll be on a red KLR 650.

Thumper, I'll stop at Majors at 9:30 then.  Should be right on schedule leaving La Mesa at 8, through Campo and up to you.

Blue/White Baja paint scheme on the big GS.

Zubb, Bob, I just put on a 705 tire on rear of vstrom, and planned to cruise road to the top of los pinos via 8, and maybe a tiny piece of perimeter and freds.  I saw post, but a late start will make it tough to get to your meeting spots.

From El Cajon,  I may try to get to Steel canyon and 94 around 8:00 -8:10, and then Campo, Los Pinos peak, etc.  I will PM Zubb a number to text if we end up in same area. Cheers. 

Sorry I missed you guys. As of late yesterday it didn't look like a ride was coming together and I kind of gave up on it. I'll stay tuned in better next time. Have a great ride, boys!

Great ride today guys! Thank you!

Feel free to start a day ride report with your pics. I wanna see them. I'll post mine up soon but am knee deep in a martini with wifey watching football at the Del. 

Let rinse and repeat SOON!

Glad to hear you guys were able to pull something together.  I would have liked to have gotten out, but am still jet lagged from my return trip - couldn't even last through Malaysian F1 race I had DVR'd.

Should be back in form by next weekend.

Great two rides today. Rode out to Major's with Miriam, Todd, Dave and Kim. Had a nice little biscuits and gravy. 

Then.......

Met up with Zubb,MacDuncan and Greenhorn. Beautiful ride through the Laguna! It was nice to be able to put together a fun ride in the last moment. Sometimes it is the only way to go. Can't wait to go again. Thanks guys and gals.

Oh, and Dandiego................ Don't worry I did not eat all the food at Major's.

We all ended up at the right places at the right times. Zubb, MacDuncan, really nice to meet and ride with you both. Bob it was good see you and ride again. I was a quality ride. Did some miles, rode different surfaces, saw cool stuff, met some new people :)