Sign in to follow this  
bikeslut

Bikeslut's shameless self-promotion

Bikeslut's band- Monday March 3rd at U-31 (at University and 31st Street in North Park)

we'll start around 9, and play for an hour or so.

Look forward to seeing anybody there... Hopefully we'll be on 94.9 soon, with a new original, and plugging the band.

I have a helicopter on stand by if anybody needs an extraction <_<

Wait- will Archie Bell and the Drells be performing? From Houston Texas?

We don't only sing,

but we dance

just as good as we walk

awwww let that gitar fall in...

Has to be one of the best bass lines in pop music history...

Is that the type of music you play?

fn

With so much time on my hands, I'll have to form a band of my own, perhaps SDARs very own website houseband "Dirt Dame and The Dirtblazers" :huh::lol::D or Dirtbags...I dunno :huh:

I feel so silly tonight <_<

Wait- will Archie Bell and the Drells be performing? From Houston Texas?

We don't only sing,

but we dance

just as good as we walk

awwww let that gitar fall in...

Has to be one of the best bass lines in pop music history...

Is that the type of music you play?

fn

Well, I play everything, but this band is more like... uh.... I don't know...

well here's a partial set list:

Bitch (rolling stones cover)

Superstition

Vehicle (Ides of March)

Met your Match (Cold Blood)

Tell Mama (Etta James)

Cold Sweat (James Brown)

also, I am sitting in with the Coronado Community Big Band next Sunday... some community picnic around noon at the ferry landing...I'm not usually in the band, just helping out for a community function.

Mimi- I'll be a dirtbag with you... I play bass and piano, too...

Mimi- I'll be a dirtbag with you... I play bass and piano, too...

Great! you are never too old to be a dirtbag. I'll just run out to the garage and drag out the old 12 channel stereo mixing board and the giant speakers, gotz moniters too, restring the old Les Paul LTD Custom and we'll be all set to make music....or at least lots of noise that can't be blamed on motorcycles :) .

I have a 24 channel PA, with all the speakers, plenty of mics, amps, etc.

I even have a cordless mic, so I can dance like Madonna or Michael Jackson :)

OK- we're on a roll... we have a guitar and a bass... we need a drummer, a keyboard, some vocalists and a drummer...

wait: my wife would kill me if I joined another band! what am I thinking?!!??

It's okay, Bikeslut. It's been so many years since I played guitar, I forgot how to. How would I finger-sync those jazz chords in the video anyway? Especially when the camera zooms in for the close up on the walk-up and turn-around :)

Sorry Bike Slut

GF got tickets for Foo Fighters and Against Me that night

http://www.foofighters.com/tour_978

THAT'S why they backed out as our opening band! They were working a little something on the side! OK- have fun... did I mention my gig is FREE ADMITTANCE? and WORTH EVERY PENNY

Bikeslut ,

As your biggest fan you can count on me being there.

I know sarcasm is your game, but is it ok if I use a little here.

Jon

Superstition

Vehicle (Ides of March)

Tell Mama (Etta James)

Cold Sweat (James Brown)

Well, bitch was played out by 1973, but the rest of the list shows excellent taste and judgement. If I survive the BBTR300 that weekend, I'll be there. Actually, I'd be there just to hear a live version of Vehicle.

fn

Superstition

Vehicle (Ides of March)

Tell Mama (Etta James)

Cold Sweat (James Brown)

Well, bitch was played out by 1973, but the rest of the list shows excellent taste and judgement. If I survive the BBTR300 that weekend, I'll be there. Actually, I'd be there just to hear a live version of Vehicle.

fn

I never hear "Bitch" live, and I must say... most of our audience has never heard it at all... and we tear that thing up!!

We just added Vehicle... it'll be the first live performance of that tune. If I can keep the reins on the drummer, it should rock! His tempo correlates to his energy... if he's feeling it, he'll go off to the races... even on the James Brown tune... which doesn't work... but we have a code... if i look at him, he better slow his @$$ DOWN! Otherwise I just ignore him :(

Bikeslut ,

As your biggest fan you can count on me being there.

I know sarcasm is your game, but is it ok if I use a little here.

Jon

Jon- you ARE my biggest fan... seeing as my tallest kid is 5' 9"

OK- sounds like we have two maybes... I'm wearinga moto jersey...

what does everyone think about wearing a chest protector?... (no jersey)... a little too SnM?

I should probably add that while Bitch is played out, Sticky Fingers is possibly the best album of it's genre. And still very high on my playlist. And that's an odd list, let me tell you.

Maybe another thread.

fn

Say B-slut, aren't you supposed to be out snowboarding right now?

leaving right after a short day of work... 6 hours on my vacation day :(

My VP is out in the desert (with all my bikes and trailer) so somebody has to tend to business while he's gone... My house sitter couldn't come over til later anyway, so it's all good...

Is the band riding to this gig? :P

Both horn players ride... the sax player rides a Duc 690. But even the horns have too much gear to ride to a gig... I have my horn, my wireless system, my rhythm instruments (MORE COWBELL), and my effects.

I actually rode a bike up to Hollywood one time with a trumpet, trombone, and a mic stand... it sucked.... I'll take a nice cushy car

If we ride to the gig, would we be out of place if we didn't take our helmets off? :P

I vote you keep your helmet on :P

It's in North Park... if you TRULY feel out of place, it's probably your own fault, cuz nobody else will make you feel that way...

I vote you keep your helmet on :P

It's in North Park... if you TRULY feel out of place, it's probably your own fault, cuz nobody else will make you feel that way...

Might need to pick up one of them helmet mohawks then... :P

Slut,

My size has nothing to do with my enthusiasm for your music. In fact it may be the opposite. Other than your wife and kids I think I'm the only fan you have. Since family members don't count as professional references when applying for work they don't count as fans either. That makes me your biggest fan. Or something like that.

Either way they've all been good shows and since I'll be in town that week, I'll be there.

Slut,

My size has nothing to do with my enthusiasm for your music. In fact it may be the opposite. Other than your wife and kids I think I'm the only fan you have. Since family members don't count as professional references when applying for work they don't count as fans either. That makes me your biggest fan. Or something like that.

Either way they've all been good shows and since I'll be in town that week, I'll be there.

THIS band actually has a big following; much more than the two you've seen... and I do appreciate you supporting local music...I will see you and Julie (that is her name, right?) there.

last minute bump...

The Tighten Ups- Live at U-31 in North Park (University and 31st)

Live music starting around 830 or so... No Cover Charge, and the band has a tab, so I'll buy any of you mugs a beer, if you show up...

The "club" doesn't have a sound system yet, so we are using our own stuff.