Ken S

Saturday Corral Canyon 7-2. Newb friendly.

6:30 

Pace and trails according to newest riders ability. No one gets left behind. 

I will be out there with Mikey Jr. later in the morning.  Wave hello if you see us.

4 hours ago, Ken S said:

6:30 

Pace and trails according to newest riders ability. No one gets left behind. 

Hello sir, 

Im going to assume that to be 6:30 AM saturday morning and were not doing some type of noob night time ride. could you please let all the noobie noobs know where exactly to meet up? Im guessing the parking lot I have pictured below? Also, I have my brand new boa fang radio, i have no idea how it works though...should i bring it anyway? Thanks for putting this together!

Dave Moore

Screen Shot 2016-07-01 at 3.27.41 PM.png

16 minutes ago, Daufcguy said:

Hello sir, 

Im going to assume that to be 6:30 AM saturday morning and were not doing some type of noob night time ride. could you please let all the noobie noobs know where exactly to meet up? Im guessing the parking lot I have pictured below? Also, I have my brand new boa fang radio, i have no idea how it works though...should i bring it anyway? Thanks for putting this together!

Dave Moore

Screen Shot 2016-07-01 at 3.27.41 PM.png

That's the spot. Corral canyon OHV area. Parking lot at the top of the steep paved hill. 6:30 am. Ride once everybody's ready. Mellow pace and terrain.

I'm the fat guy in the black F150 with a blue Yamaha.

I also have a new boa f-ing radio and cant even turn it on. No need, never lost anyone yet on a newb ride.

Kenny

Good job Ken bringing it around for the newbs .

it takes a real man too look out for others like that.

I'd be there 2 help but my shoulder is whack from lifting an engine

have fun be safe, temps are holding well, we did mcpain yesterday high was mid 80s and breezy not bad at all.

There's a new road block down below the fire tower. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ken S said:

There's a new road block down below the fire tower. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Generally those are vehicles that get stolen and joy ridden the crap out of until they flip them.  I've seen them on that trail, and the old Bronco connector trail and trail 8.  Remember when that Ford truck was stuck out there for what seemed like over a year?

This ones not stolen and the driver got a helicopter ride Friday afternoon. 

They are towing it out today supposedly. Does AAA cover that?

They did a tow for me 20 miles out a dirt road when I lived in Montana. 

45 minutes ago, Ken S said:

This ones not stolen and the driver got a helicopter ride Friday afternoon. 

They are towing it out today supposedly. Does AAA cover that?

They did a tow for me 20 miles out a dirt road when I lived in Montana. 

I don't know about TripleA, but most insurance companies frown on offroad capers that end up like that.  That kind of a tow (off-road, difficult terrain) usually costs several hundred dollars from what I've heard.  My insurance policies didn't cover either of the offroad boo-boos I did with my truck and jeep.  They tend to cover a certain amount of miles, on regular sorts of roads.  When it ends up being a retrieval more than a simple tow, the cards are off the table.

Saw your truck.  We were the Nissan Titan in the SW corner. 

We had a good time too. A few drops for Mikey Jr. and some busted KLX110 parts...clutch perch, front brake lever, and majorly bent foot brake. The KLX110 parts are bottom of the barrel. 

20160702_095548.jpg

20160702_105208.jpg

20160702_110602.jpg

This was a fun ride, wish there were more noobs on it, great opportunity to gain skills, thanks ken

On 7/2/2016 at 3:35 PM, dirt dame said:

...That kind of a tow (off-road, difficult terrain) usually costs several hundred dollars from what I've heard.  My insurance policies didn't cover either of the offroad boo-boos I did with my truck and jeep...

I once had to have my old VFR towed up a canyon off Lyons Valley. That was a $1100 tow bill. I ended up selling the salvaged bike just to cover the bill.