1 hour ago, 350thumper said:

ya thats where my bike landed down in a ravine after i jumped a couple trees lil trees

im one of Kennys Casualties.

thanks for the pic Uncle Kenny.

does anybody on here like the tech 8's over the crossfire TA's? 

I got the crossfire  boots recently.They fit tight in the width at first.

5 hours ago, 350thumper said:

does anybody on here like the tech 8's over the crossfire TA's? 

I wore tech 8s for years and am thrilled to have switched over. More comfort, more protection.

Be aware there are a couple models- Crossfire TA and Crossfire SRS. One or the other runs narrow, and I forget which. Boots, like helmets are one of those must-try in the store. Ill-fitting is unacceptable, especially when spending that kind of loot. I know many of the local shops will price match- or even do better.

10 minutes ago, paulmbowers said:

Boots, like helmets are one of those must-try in the store.

Could not agree more. Tried on a pair of Sidi Crossfires at Motoworld and was ready to pull the trigger on them until I put on some Tech 7s. I certainly won't argue Alpinestars makes the better boot, but it was obvious which fit my feet better. 

Sidi Crossfire SRS boots run thin, (Sole Replacement System)

all the Italian boots that are still made in Italy are all made within a few a miles of each other (matters no, just trivia) Sidi, Alpinestars,Gaerne,etc etc 

There's a Soul Replacement System joke in here somewhere. 

Alpine Star Tech 7 Enduro for me. Comfortable with a waffle sole for hiking or pushing broken KTM's.

5 minutes ago, Ken S said:

Alpine Star Tech 7 Enduro for me. Comfortable with a waffle sole for hiking or pushing 

images.jpg

thats what happened too me. i was fired up about the TA's,and was gonna buy it,   then the tech 10,then tried the 7 and was shocked how comfortable it was . then tried the tech 8 and now im confused again. :unsure:

thanks guys for hearing me. its nice to have this website to lean on a little, once in a while .

I wore sidi for a year and loved the stability and protection. Also the fact that you can replace every part on them. But it was a year of pain because I have wide feet. So I did some shopping and narrowed the choices to alpinestar tech 7 and gaerne.  I ended up buying the tech 7 for the slipper type comfort and price. Now im paying for that comfort with hurt ankles feet and toes. The tech 7 dont have the stability and protection that I need for the type of riding that i do. Hindsight I would have gone with the gaerne because they accommodate the rider with a wider foot and still have awesome protection like the sidi. Well close to it. If you anyone that can narrow feet let me know. That would be greatly appreciated.

I've got wide feet and love my Gaerne G12's.  Super comfortable and tons of protection.