Sign in to follow this  
ADV Bum

Sat 16th

I am thinking about going back up to the mountains on Sat 16th. San Bernardino mtns. Seeing if there is anyone else interested. Trails are going to be rutted and torn up from the rains. Water crossings will be a little deeper as well. I would classify it as an intermediate ride.

Damn. So is it a hygiene problem, attitude, lack of riding skills? Throw me a bone here!

Maybe all the desert rats just don't want to drive all the way up to the San Bernardinos for some really cool mountain riding. I like riding in that area. My back got a little sore from the two desert rides I went on last week, so I have been giving it a rest this week and have not planned to do any rides unless I feel alot better than I do right now, or else I'd go.

hey bum, its like mimi said, at least for me, its just too easy to drive east for an hour and be in the desert. I've got plans to ride the desert sunday if you wanna join us. We'll try and not break any bones this trip.

Driving to Superstition is a 135 mile drive for me and driving to Pinnacles at San Bernardino mountains is a 110 mile drive and much more interesting and scenic for trail riding. :declare:

Bum; speaking just for myself... yeah, it's a hygiene problem...

Not really... I am rarely available for Saturdays, and am going snowboarding at Bear this weekend, anyway.

If you ever do the run on a Sunday, I'd love to tag along; hygiene be damned!

I am rarely available for Saturdays, and am going snowboarding at Bear this weekend, anyway.

I suspect that it will be quite chilly and snowy up there this weekend, perfect for snowboarding. Might be a little too snowy for riding after this last storm that wasn't supposed to be dumping all this rain on us today. <_<

I heard on the radio today that vehicles were required to have snow chains on 'em to go up into the 'Dinos right now.

I am rarely available for Saturdays, and am going snowboarding at Bear this weekend, anyway.

I suspect that it will be quite chilly and snowy up there this weekend, perfect for snowboarding. Might be a little too snowy for riding after this last storm that wasn't supposed to be dumping all this rain on us today. <_<

I heard on the radio today that vehicles were required to have snow chains on 'em to go up into the 'Dinos right now.

I don't have chains for the mini-van... I should probably do that before I go... thanks for the heads-up

mimi- let me know next time you go to Pinnacles, too! I'll bring a real bike next time!

Thank god its just the distance. I know how you feel. For me its 2 hours to get to the Desert. 2 hours to the mountains. The only thing that draws me to the desert is riding with friends, other than that I would take the mountains. A good resource for mountain weather is mountaininfo.com. It sucks going alone, but the desert will be crowded and I am not seeing people going sat. Sat is my only opportunity to ride this weekend. Kids birthday party on Sun.

mimi- let me know next time you go to Pinnacles, too! I'll bring a real bike next time!

You still gotta see Hixon trail, too. Oops.... sorry for the highjack, Bum <_< I don't suppose that it is all green sticker trails in the 'Dinos that you were planning to ride. There's some pavement too, isn't there?

I dont know wich trails are designated for what. Being that I am plated I have never bothered to pay attention. I will be exploring, looking for trails that head around the bottom/backside of mountain. Lower elevations should all clear of snow.

I will be exploring, looking for trails that head around the bottom/backside of mountain. Lower elevations should all clear of snow.

I hope so, but it snowed down to 1500 feet in San Diego County. Even Ramona and Alpine got some snow. Interstate 8 was closed down this afternoon between Alpine and Boulevard. Perhaps the brunt of the storm wasn't that far north.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

From Carlsbad it looks like you need chains to get to Esco. <_<

I'm in Esco and I can see plenty of snow on the hills east of here from my front porch! (Well, not right now....it's too dark :huh: , but earlier I went outside and snapped some pictures.)

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I'm in Esco and I can see plenty of snow on the hills east of here from my front porch! (Well, not right now....it's too dark :huh: , but earlier I went outside and snapped some pictures.)

Lets snowboard tomarrow. :huh:

I think I might take a little ridey today, and if my back still feels good after that, I would be up for the ride tomorrow.

We'll try and not break any bones this trip.

speaking of that...I can't go cuz I broke my arm last weekend. Those mountains are like a half hour from my house too! I'm also going to miss out on the Dualies ride out of Beumont(10 min from home) in March! This sucks! dont break stuff...

We'll try and not break any bones this trip.

speaking of that...I can't go cuz I broke my arm last weekend. Those mountains are like a half hour from my house too! I'm also going to miss out on the Dualies ride out of Beumont(10 min from home) in March! This sucks! dont break stuff...

give it up kj... how'd you break your arm?

Working All Weekend - and all next week - bike apart for tires, cleaning, chain and sprockets

Not Ignoring you Bum, Happy Valentines Day

:)

Cancelled. Started the bike and checking things and notice my tail light is melting the plastic. Must have a short or something. I think the whole assembly is done. Maybe I will start looking for some led set up.

Cancelled. Started the bike and checking things and notice my tail light is melting the plastic. Must have a short or something. I think the whole assembly is done. Maybe I will start looking for some led set up.

edge! wheeling cycle supply.