I've been stuck working the last few too many weekends and have next week open and want to ride. My favorite mountain trails are open and I need a break.

It is about a 4.5 hour drive from San Diego to camp. The goal is to ride lots of mountain single track and enjoy some backcountry adventure. I missed almost all of last year. Time to get back on the horse. 

I'm on a YZ450 and ride 50-70 mile loops each day.

Post here if interested and I'll give you more details.

You should go...every single last one of you! Epic riding, nice campgrounds, pastapilot...er...2 out of 3 ain't bad

Can I get info on this?  I am not ready this weekend, I still need to get luggage. I hope have some soon.  This picture looks fantastic and I want to find a place to ride and camp.

Thanks in advance

Oh great.  I've been out of work for almost a year.  Just started a full time job 2 weeks ago and now you post up a ride?  Weekends and holiday riding for me for a while.

I hope you go and have a great time!  Wish I could go.  Those are some awesome rides we've done up there.  If anyone else can go you should do it.  Epic hardcore single track.  Just do it!

Pokey, Look for the next trip. Hopefully mid June. Even bikeslut would be invited. 

• 10 hours ago, mctrails said:

Oh great.  I've been out of work for almost a year.  Just started a full time job 2 weeks ago and now you post up a ride?  Weekends and holiday riding for me for a while.

I hope you go and have a great time!  Wish I could go.  Those are some awesome rides we've done up there.  If anyone else can go you should do it.  Epic hardcore single track.  Just do it!

Sorry Alan. I've been underemployed and have only been on my bike a half dozen times in the past year. I've managed to find the time and money and need to ride.

56 minutes ago, PastaPilot said:

Pokey, Look for the next trip. Hopefully mid June. Even bikeslut would be invited. 

I'm in for the June trip fo'sho.  Pokey, you don't need bike luggage... we camp/ride from the truck.  Pasta will take you on "advanced intermediate" singletrack, so get those knobbies installed first for sure!

And it may be time to start planning for June.

After next week, lets gather the minds and take a look at June.

Jon

Date change. Now 18 - 20

Doing a little work Wed morning in Santa Ana then heading out around 1100 for camp. Will do a short ride that evening, Thursday will be a long day on the trails, Friday will be a half day on the trails and then drive home with the intention of hitting SoCal just after evening rush hour.

Pssshhhah. She got jipped on that deal! Could've gotten you for so much more

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 11:25 AM, PastaPilot said:

Date change. Now 18 - 20

Doing a little work Wed morning in Santa Ana then heading out around 1100 for camp. Will do a short ride that evening, Thursday will be a long day on the trails, Friday will be a half day on the trails and then drive home with the intention of hitting SoCal just after evening rush hour.

Hey Jon

Love that area for ridin - but not the log drive through LA

20150524_104200.jpg.

Have to come back up my waysome day - have cut some more new ST to ride straight from the property. 

Key question is can you find your way back out to my place :) 

Tim

Hey Tim.  You missed a great 3 days of riding. We went through Riverside. The traffic wasn't bad for 7AM.

New ST you say? I remember driving up Winchester.

Hey Pasta/everyone else... I'm eyeing June 24-26 on the Kern trails.  I've donated enough to earn a meal and night at Democrat Hot Springs and bought a shitload of raffle tickets, so thinking about attending in person.  Anyone else interested/available for some beer and singletrack that weekend?

http://stewardsofthesequoia.org/SOS-BBQ2016.html?utm_content=Seth&utm_source=VerticalResponse&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=Click Here for details&utm_campaign=SOS-Sequoia Trails and Dinner on uscontent

I may be interested. I've been wanting to ride that area for a while. I've done several of the past sterwarts of the Sierras rides and they are a great group. 

I have a plated CRF and enjoy the technical stuff.

Sooo,,,,No one took a camera?

Camera? We had too much fun to stop and take photos. 

Actually there are some,but when I got back from one trip I walked out the door for another. And then when I got back from that trip....well now I'm in Fresno.

Sick trip!  Not much else to say!  We cleared some trails and carried our bikes over fallen trees and impassable sections.  We rode a ton of trails and never saw another rider.  The place is insane!  I'm in for the next one...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

image.jpeg

13 hours ago, MXman said:

Is there still a trip planned for this month? The pictures look awesome. 

Sorry, forgot to update this post... I'm out.  I'm off to Idaho for this week to ride the Klim Cow Tag event (w Ty) and rip around Boise/McCall for a few days instead.  Hope you still make it to the Sierras.  I'm interested in planning a trip late July or September instead.

My van is still acting up. It has been to one shop 3 times with no effect. I was 20 minutes out of the driveway on a trip earlier this month and turned around. Taking it to another shop today.