Another good group ride. Some vets along to help the n00bs, and some found the limits of skill and bikes. We mostly emerged unscathed...one bike may have been scathed...I don't have pics or video, but I saw a few devices...post 'em if you got 'em

Weak. Not even one SDAR solute picture.

It is extremely gracious of you to offer to pay for any parts that broke on this ride.

I though is was awfully generous of Bob. Just PM him with the list of items (good time to upgrade!) and he'll take care of it.

Sure is nice having a truck. And help loading/unloading!! And a Thumper pal to keep you company. :smile_anim:

I returned with only minor emotional scratches. Nothing that a set of brand new tires won't fix, tho! Thanks again, Carguy, but thank you even more for bringing your wife!! It was awesome to not be the only girl-she was awesome.

I enjoyed that area very much with the exception of option #2-which I am not determined to go back and conquer, dammit!!

Option #1 will not be attempted with drum brakes.

It's just a hill:

post-15619-0-53641400-1447017490.jpeg

I didn't get the launch, but you can certainly see where the landing went sour(sorry WmDaniel):

post-15619-0-10490900-1447017502.jpeg

Really glad you're okay!! And FULL credit-it was SPECTACULAR to watch!!!

post-15619-0-01606700-1447017512.jpegpost-15619-0-13398200-1447017525.jpeg

Look how carefully the boxes were brought down-what a team!!

post-15619-0-18961800-1447017538.jpegpost-15619-0-82344500-1447017548.jpeg

He rode it home, by golly! What did folks do before zipties???!!??

You know a hill is steep when Bikeslut drags a foot!! :coolio:

post-15619-0-12032900-1447018371.jpeg

And THEN there was option #3.

Links to the videos below. Now, you might see these and at first believe the water is the hazard here. Alas, no, it's the photographers; creating a new biker game called Splish, Splash, I Soak Your Ass. Fun game!

https://youtu.be/c75RP3mAmPA

https://youtu.be/EiSzrB2dO_Q

I only went through water once but somehow till had a mess of mud clumps everywhere-I was a proud mama!!

Thanks again, everyone for a great time! Let's do another Noob ride soon!

Great fun everyone. Thanks for letting me tag along on my old gal. We need more great videos!!!

"Dragging a foot" is not something I do...like almost never. But 40 psi on street tires, called for another contact patch. Tires were taking turns breaking traction. On my DRZ, I can usually stop on that hill...no such luck today

I did get a verbal ok to release the carnage video. We (well he...I just was there in case he needed help; he didn't)got him to a trailer he has stashed, and he confirmed he made it home safely.

"Dragging a foot" is not something I do...like almost never. But 40 psi on street tires, called for another contact patch. Tires were taking turns breaking traction. On my DRZ, blahblahblahblah..

:bad:

Actually...i'm not even dragging a foot in the pic...how do I edit a post?

I posted/deleted the wrong pic. But I know. And you know I always watch you and Paul and Thumper to see how to do things.

My reasoning remains firm: If the SuperSlut ain't lovin' it, I ain't even tryin' it!!

Thanks to all for a fun ride. I was able to meet a few of you, but look forward to meeting more on future rides. I'm definitely now itching to ditch my upcoming Wednesday commitments, and join you all at the track.

Oh, and thanks to Weirrider for taking a few of us over the mountain towards the end of the main ride. Good times. :thumbsup_anim:

Great fun everyone. Thanks for letting me tag along on my old gal. We need more great videos!!!

Your old gal sure is purdy!

Your old gal sure is purdy!

Thanks Wierrider. She's a little dirty now. Just the way I like em.

This looks familiar, Could'n make it this week, still moving in to the Ramona Estate. :heh:

Great fun sunday! Cant wait to do it again, i think the one picture is sideways because I must have taken it during on of my trips to the dirt

post-16019-0-70303700-1447087689_thumb.j

post-16019-0-28238700-1447087727_thumb.j

post-16019-0-01370400-1447087760_thumb.j

Weak. Not even one SDAR solute picture.

plenty of salutes... not many cameras

speaking of which... where is the video under the bridge?

hahaha, I don't blame you, I watched the vid at least 20 times, that crash was AWESOME!!! unfortunately for you guys, I have turned the video over to wmdaniel, if you want to see it, you'll have to petition him!

that, sir, is a violation of every video protocol we have on this site... I suggested wmdenial starts a "Go Fund Me" page, and once he hits the necessary replacement costs, he can free up the video for our vicarious thrills