Well, I thought that Strega would have posted a write-up of his ride by now....but since he didn't, I'll start.

The crew all assembled on time near the border fence and headed out. I never counted, but there must have been about a dozen riders. The weather was warmer than I expected, so I was a bit overdressed. I brought out the green slug, a perfect choice for the day. it was Baileys first playdate with Ragamuffin :blink: .

We headed east on an easy short loop, came back to the vehicles for a break, then headed west towards Tecate. On the way we stopped at the railroad tracks to watch the train. There was some small change on the tracks and we were hoping to see the choo-choo make the small change even littler. But the train didn't come, so we went on our merry way to Tecate where we stopped at a Submarina for lunch, after which we headed up to Tecate Peak for a nice panoramic view of the two countries at hand.

On the way back the group split into two and those of us who had to get back home bid the others a fond farewell and headed for the staging area. On the way, we spotted our train making its appointed round, so we hurried over to have a look at the monies on the track. They were impressively squished.

We took some interesting detour trails back to the vehicles and arrived around 3:30ish and about 67 miles up on our speedometers. It was a friendly, easy social sort of a ride without anything really getting out of hand except for one crash where Siverson had his big XL slide out from under him on a steep rocky incline. Lots of rock rash and a broken turnsignal for Mr. bike and a few scrapes and bruises for Mr. rider.

Here are a few pix. Out on the trail, the aftermath of Siversons crash, trains money, KL hamming it up with a ham sammich while Joliet hats it up, the gang enjoying the view at Tecate Peak, our friend the train and some choo-chood change.

post-892-1200282842.jpg?width=1920&heigh
post-892-1200264079.jpg?width=1920&heigh
post-892-1200263929.jpg?width=1920&heigh
post-892-1200263891.jpg?width=1920&heigh

post-892-1200264009.jpg?width=1920&heigh

post-892-1200264124.jpg?width=1920&heigh

post-892-1200264165.jpg?width=1920&heigh

post-892-1200263891_thumb.jpg

post-892-1200263929_thumb.jpg

post-892-1200264009_thumb.jpg

post-892-1200264079_thumb.jpg

post-892-1200264124_thumb.jpg

post-892-1200264165_thumb.jpg

Here we are gathering at the meeting area. There were 11 bikes on this ride.

P1010001-2.jpg

Brief rest on the single track on the first loop.

P1010003-2.jpg

P1010004-2.jpg

Regrouping after the 1st half of the day (Mimi’s easy loop).

P1010005-2.jpg

Riding to the train tracks.

P1010007-2.jpg

P1010008-1.jpg

P1010010.jpg

Makes that Honda look like a 50cc! I thought that Hondapilot was a big guy. He has competition here.

P1010009-1.jpg

Two thirds of the way up Tacate peak we take some time to rest and look off to Mexico.

P1010012.jpg

P1010013.jpg

How do you like Dirt Dames new helmet? I was happy that it was so bright when I was trying to follow her back to the meeting spot later in the day.

P1010014.jpg

View from the top of the world .

P1010017.jpg

P1010018.jpg

Meeting at the top of Tacate Peak.

P1010015.jpg

Our train coming out of the tunnel from Old México.

P1010019.jpg

P1010020.jpg

I would like to thank Randy…errr...Ken (Joliet) for riding sweep. He kept his eye on me making sure I didn’t get lost and stayed out of trouble. It must have been torture going that slow for me.

Siverson I hope you are doing alright after that little fall. I don’t know how the rest of us made it down that slope. That area was just pure loose rock everywhere. I almost fell several times and I was walking it down! :blink:

This was another gold star day in my book. Only the 2nd ride I’ve been on with the club that I didn’t fall down! :lol:

Thanks to Roger (Strega) for putting together a great ride. A great bunch of riders that I’m looking forward to riding with again.

Yes, it's a bright helmet. But you aint seen nuthin' yet. There's a whole outfit that goes with, that I'm going to break out for another ride as soon as the gloves come in.

And this photo proves that I was there and Ride Orange wasn't :blink:

post-892-1200282842_thumb.jpg

does it look like this

Fud, no....it looks like the helmet, except softer :blink:

Sorry I haven't been able to post yet, got in a car wreck today and just trying to get everything in line on that front, haven't been able to upload my pics yet. Thank you Dirt Dame for the nice write up, I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks! Also looking forward to more rides with all the nice people I met yesterday. I also wanted to say thanks to Ken for riding sweep for us, that was great. I'll be happy to return the favor anytime.

Couple of pics that my cousin Brian took, who was on the 07 WR250F:

Consolidated Picture Archive

( I'm missing 1 rider in the text file in that directory, who am I missing?? :blink: )

brian01.jpg

brian02.jpg

brian03.jpg

brian04.jpg

brian05.jpg

Sorry I haven't been able to post yet, got in a car wreck today and just trying to get everything in line on that front, haven't been able to upload my pics yet. Also looking forward to more rides with all the nice people I met yesterday. I also wanted to say thanks to Ken for riding sweep for us, that was great. I'll be happy to return the favor anytime.

:blink: Yuck, how terrible! Are you okay? What happened?

:D Yuck, how terrible! Are you okay? What happened?

Someone pulled out in front of us and we t-boned them in an intersection. Airbags out, the whole 9. I'm really sore, head hurts, but I'll be riding again this weekend for sure. Been in far worse bike wrecks, so I'm happy we're both ok.

Yes, great ride and nice meeting you guys.

> Siverson I hope you are doing alright after that little fall. I don’t know how the rest of us made it down that slope. That area was just pure loose rock everywhere. I almost fell several times and I was walking it down!

Thanks, and yes, no problems. Surprisingly still no bruises, but maybe they'll show up in the next couple days. I should have been going slower - really dumb mistake. Oh well, I'm glad things didn't turn out that bad.

> Someone pulled out in front of us and we t-boned them in an intersection.

Wow, sorry to hear that - that sucks!!

I've got plans this weekend, but would be up for another ride the 26/27th...

-Steve

Hey - who's who? I'll be the first to admit I had a trouble keeping track of names/usernames...

brian03.jpg

From left to right:

Eric (I think...)

?

?

Steve/Crash/siverson/Honda XR 650L

Steve/FJCruizin

?

Roger/Strega

Steve (I think)/BMW

dirtdame

Randy…errr...Ken (Joliet) (?) - rode sweep and was very patient with me... (thanks!)

Taking the photo is Brian

-Steve

Hey - who's who? I'll be the first to admit I had a trouble keeping track of names/usernames...

brian03.jpg

From left to right:

Eric (I think...)

?

?

Steve/Crash/siverson/Honda XR 650L

Steve/FJCruizin

?

Roger/Strega

Steve (I think)/BMW

dirtdame

Randy…errr...Ken (Joliet) (?) - rode sweep and was very patient with me... (thanks!)

Taking the photo is Brian

-Steve

Far rightside of photo in yellow is KLRoger (Roger). Left of him in blue is Dirt Dame (Mimi). The other guy in yellow, 2nd from the left is Joliet (Randy...err...Ken).

Let me give it a shot, I a probably won't even get my own right :D:D .

Left to right.

Erick

Ken aka Joliet

Ozzy

Steve aka Siverson

Steve aka FJCruisin

Scott Honda CR450x

Roger aka Strega

Dualsportdrz Can't remember name (but I think another Steve) rode a new BMW x-challenge

Mimi aka Dirt Dame

Roger aka KLRoger

Taking pic was Brian, Strega's cousin

And this photo proves that I was there and Ride Orange wasn't :D

Looks like you folks had a real good time and a great, big group, sorry I missed it :D but there was just too much to do elsewhere (the worst part is, none of it on a motorcycle :D:D )

WARNING to Mimi: Next time you steal my patented tag line I'm ging to have to charge you a royalty :D Just kidding :D Nice hat :angry:

WARNING to Mimi: Next time you steal my patented tag line I'm ging to have to charge you a royalty ;) Just kidding :D Nice hat :ph34r:

:o Oh noes! :blink::huh::lol: