Chief Gunner

Friday zip from Southbay over Otay to points East

I will be meeting up with tntmo here on base (32nd st) on Friday around 1 P.M so we can head a little bit South and then East in some dirt.

I have never ridden Otay :lol: and I want to take the scenic route home from work so I can explore some possible alternative routes :lol:

If any of you would like to go, let us know. I do not plan to ride at a fast and crazy pace, so yes I am going to take it easy and enjoy an area I want to get to know better.

All we need to do if you want to ride Friday afternoon is set up a meet up time and place.

Gunz

By no means am I a Jedi / Superman type of rider so with that said....I don't really know if I have expressed myself in a positive way or not so I just wanted to throw this up.

I may have made a bad impression on a few posts I've made so I wanted to try and clear it up and express to you all that I am not out to impress anyone, I am it for the fun and the experiences I get while riding with this club. B):)

My experience here with these people is that the pace of our rides is always determined by those that show up.

Being honest about your experience without trying to impress people keeps you and the people you ride with from getting hurt and from anybody else doing stupid things.

I try to learn something new on every ride I go on and if I have to slow down and stop to help a Brother or Sister out, than who gives a ----. :(

Nobody gets left Behind!

Aaron

Nobody gets left Behind!

Except for papaalex....in Superstition.....by RideOrange.....twice! B):) Just kidding Rob!

Guest Numbskull

I'm down for fri. Where and when?

Whatever works for you and whoever else wants to show up and ride some dirt for a few hours.

tntmo & I will be meeting sometime around 1300 here on base....that's 1 O'Clock for you civilians ;)

I'm not too familiar with that area but he is....tntmo to the courtesey phone.... :lol:

I was thinking we could get down to the I-905/south end of Otay Truck Trail around 1330-1400. If anyone else is joining in on this ride they can meet us near the 32nd St Naval Base or at the I-905. We'll be riding OTT from south to north, maybe exploring a few of the side trails depending on how everything goes.

It's all pretty much on the go planning, no telling where we'll end up. Just let me or Gunner know if you want to come along and we'll work it out.

Nobody gets left Behind!

Except for papaalex....in Superstition.....by RideOrange.....twice! :lol:;) Just kidding Rob!

That's great... ;)NEITHER time was my fault :lol: and I WAS worried about him... right up until that first Cap'n and Coke was finished ;)

Wish I could join y'all but duty calls. Perhaps this weekend...

Whatever works for you and whoever else wants to show up and ride some dirt for a few hours.

tntmo & I will be meeting sometime around 1300 here on base....that's 1 O'Clock for you civilians ;)

I'm thinking about going. I will not be sure until thursday evening. Still confused on the time, 13 or 1 what is that in bells chief? :lol:

Would Otay Mesa and Alta Road intersection be a good meeting place?

Guest Numbskull

The skydiving place on otay lakes rd. lets me park there. How about that as a meeting spot?

The skydiving place on otay lakes rd. lets me park there. How about that as a meeting spot?

We will be starting on the south end of OTT, somewhere off the 905 is a good meeting spot. I think there is a 7/11 gas station on the south side of the road which would work.

I'm thinking about going. I will not be sure until thursday evening. Still confused on the time, 13 or 1 what is that in bells chief? :lol:

/quote]

Time as marked by the bells

The use of the bells to mark the time stems from the period when seamen (1) could not afford a personal time piece ;) (i.e. - a watch) and (2) even if they could, they had no idea on how to tell time with such an instrument. ;) The bells mark the hours of the watch in half-hour increments. The seamen would know if it were morning, noon, or night. Each watch* is four hours long and the bells are struck thus:

Mid Morning Forenoon Afternoon Dogs* First

0030 - 1 bell 0430 - 1 bell 0830 - 1 bell 1230 - 1 bell 1630 - 1 bell 2030 - 1 bell

0100 - 2 bells 0500 - 2 bells 0900 - 2 bells 1300 - 2 bells 1700 - 2 bells 2100 - 2 bells

0130 - 3 bells 0530 - 3 bells 0930 - 3 bells 1330 - 3 bells 1730 - 3 bells 2130 - 3 bells

0200 - 4 bells 0600 - 4 bells 1000 - 4 bells 1400 - 4 bells 1800 - 4 bells 2200 - 4 bells

0230 - 5 bells 0630 - 5 bells 1030 - 5 bells 1430 - 5 bells 1830 - 5 bells 2230 - 5 bells

0300 - 6 bells 0700 - 6 bells 1100 - 6 bells 1500 - 6 bells 1900 - 6 bells 2300 - 6 bells

0330 - 7 bells 0730 - 7 bells 1130 - 7 bells 1530 - 7 bells 1930 - 7 bells 2330 - 7 bells

0400 - 8 bells** 0800 - 8 bells 1200 - 8 bells 1600 - 8 bells 2000 - 8 bells 2400 - 8 bells

:lol:;)

LETS RIDE!

We will be starting on the south end of OTT, somewhere off the 905 is a good meeting spot. I think there is a 7/11 gas station on the south side of the road which would work.

Google says there is a 7-11 at 8395 Otay Mesa Rd (905). Is that where you mean?

And what time would you like to meet?

gunz-

that sounds like a nice ride however i probably wont be available tomorrow until about 2:30 is there a place i could catch up with you guys around then? otherwise i will be looking to ride sunday.

let me know...

Google says there is a 7-11 at 8395 Otay Mesa Rd (905). Is that where you mean?

And what time would you like to meet?

That sounds like the one. How about 1:30? I am hoping to meet up with Gunner at 1:00, but things are flexible.

gunz-

that sounds like a nice ride however i probably wont be available tomorrow until about 2:30 is there a place i could catch up with you guys around then? otherwise i will be looking to ride sunday.

let me know...

You could ride OTT from the north side heading south and meet us? There's no telling where we'll be at that time.

I PM'd : tntmo, mikeyb, jlscheo, KLR Roger, Numbskull with my Cell # so we can ensure a meet up so no one gets left behind....

LETS RIDE!

Guest Numbskull

Arron Your pm didn't go through Can you call me @ 6198502742 and let me know what the plan is. If I don't answer I'm in the water for a couple of hours.